1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Scizor (BW2 Revamp)

Discussion in 'Uploaded Analyses' started by alexwolf, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Kingler12345

Kingler12345 COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE STARTS WITH C
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Why isn't keldeo mentioned as a partner for acrobatics scizor? Granted, it's suspected, but still it cna be edited by SCMS(whatever that is, idk)
  2. Jukain

Jukain fuck redew
    is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

@alexwolf @Kingler12345 has a point, mention Keldeo, which can beat all these threats to Scizor you talk about.
  3. Kingler12345

@Jukain it lures in jellicent and KOes it, which is big for keldeo.
    It's a common rain core in the meta. They have great synergy and imo pony should be first.
  4. alexwolf

alexwolf King of Conquerors
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Yeah sure AG. And ok guys, i can add Keldeo. Here you go:

'' Any Keldeo variant works well with this Scizor, which is adept at taking out bulky Water-types such as Jellicent and Tentacruel, making it much easier for Keldeo to sweep the opposing team. In addition, Keldeo beats every Pokemon that Scizor can't OHKO at +2, with the exceptions of bulky Water-types, which Scizor can take out on its own anyway. ''
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    Kingler12345 likes this.
  5. Kingler12345

@alexwolf
    Imo this can be reworded to
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
  6. Nysyr

Nysyr

The acrobatics set should be Jolly and not adamant as the default option. Outspeeding Magnezone is huge, and the power loss isn't that noticable. Jellicent is as good as OHKOed if you have SR up anyways as it won't be able to switch in again unless they spin and you give it a free switch in. Outspeeding uninvested Tentacruel before it can scald is also quite nice.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  7. Kingler12345

Jolly is piss weak. It does like 85% to jellicent IIRC, but adamant imo is almost always better. The power loss is really noticeable as scizor doesn't do much to stuff like lando t either. Magnezone isn't THAT common
  8. Nysyr

Nysyr

Except you shouldn't try it without SR up anyways since adamant is only 25% to OHKO phys def Jellicent. And Magnezone is plenty common.
  9. Kingler12345

Idk, I'm not arsed to go to the usage stats and shit but haven't seen it much. I think jolly might not OHKO even with SR, too lazy to calc XD
  10. sirndpt

sirndpt
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

i don't mean to step on any toes here, but i think the checks and counters section, particularly the middle portion, could be much better organized :<

the first bit, with Skarmory then Jelli / Tenta / Lando-T is quite intuitive and easy to follow, listing the general best checks/counters first, but right after that it starts to get quite messy - it feels like you're just listing 'mons that fare well against Scizor in general' in no particular order i can make out, and with so many different mons, so many different Scizor sets and so many moves to keep track of, it's quite hard to follow if they're not categorized as much as possible!

perhaps either a) organize them by typing by moving rotom-w up to where keldeo and gyarados are and being more explicit about the rest being Steels that mostly have to watch out for superpower, or b) go set-by-set, discussing which of these mons are the best checks to which sets (actually, i'd also make everything after jelli / tenta / lando-t a new paragraph)

i also feel that just namedropping a few examples within the (offensive Water-types) / (bulky Water-types) brackets could prove quite helpful; i'd put down not more than 4-5 (depending on how many suitable examples there are)

also I'M REALLY SORRY i genuinely meant to provide a c/p because this analysis is massive, but i had a moment of massive brain fail and i can't get it back now :/ sorry again!

gp 2/2, feel free to drop a vm if you make any extensive edits to c&c you'd like me to look over again :)
    Kingler12345 likes this.
  11. alexwolf

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Thx for the GP check sirndpt, everything was implemented, except from this:

I didn't change this because Bullet Punch is not bad offensively, as otherwise it wouldn't be so useful against offensive threats and teams. Bullet Punch's biggest shortcoming is its lackluster offensive typing, meaning that many common offensive Pokemon resist it, but its sheer power at +2 often makes up for it. So BP is not bad offensively it just has a bad offensive typing.

Oh and about the checks and counters section... I isolated the bit about Lando-T, Skarm, Jellicent, and Tentacruel in a separate paragraph as you told me, which was a very good change. Then in the next paragraph, i start mentioning the best all-around Scizor checks and some revenge killers. Gyarados, Keldeo, and Heatran are some of the best universal Scizor checks, which is why i mention them first, while Rotom-W is a good one too, but a bit less good than the others (doesn't resist U-turn). I added in the end of this paragraph that any offensive Water-type in general is a good revenge killer for Scizor and i gave two examples.

Tell me if everything is ok so we can call this done.
    Kingler12345 likes this.
  12. sirndpt

sirndpt
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

thank you for the clarification on that change! didn't realize that was what you meant; apologies :>

yeah that's all ive got, i think this is good to go now alexwolf!
  13. alexwolf

Ready for upload!
  14. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)