Pokémon Scizor

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the set I'm working with at the moment.

Scizor@Assault vest
Adamant
129 HP/252 attack/129 sp.def
- pursuit
- bullet punch
- u-turn
- roost

expert trapper

This is the set I'm working with at the moment.

Scizor@Assault vest
Adamant
129 HP/252 attack/129 sp.def
- pursuit
- bullet punch
- u-turn
- roost

expert trapper
You can't use Roost with Assault Vest, because it's like permanent Taunt ? Pokemon Showdown allow it ? (it shouldn't BTW if that's the case).

Oh yeah, that's right! Shucks

Would Quick attack be better? Or just go with Life Orb and shift my EVs up?

I think I'll probably go Quick Attack and stick with Assault Vest...

Last edited:
Oh yeah, that's right! Shucks

Would Quick attack be better? Or just go with Life Orb and shift my EVs up?

I think I'll probably go Quick Attack and stick with Assault Vest...
Probably better to use Mega Scizor rather than assualt vest, sure its 20 SDef less but its 40 more Def, 20 more ATK and 10 more Spe.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
For Choice Band: "Rotom-W forms an incredible Volt-turn core, as Rotom-W can beat all of Scizor checks, like Skarmory, Gyarados, and Tentacruel. Scizor on the other hand can handle special walls and Grass types that check Rotom-W, like Ferrothorn, Blissey, and Mega Venusaur. Since this set is often switching, Rapid Spin or Defog set support is pretty important. This means Starmie and Skarmory make for good partners. Finally, Blaziken appreciates Scizor's ability to remove Ghost and Psychic types, enabling Blaziken to have an easy sweep."

For offensive Swords Dance: "Lucario pairs really nicely with this set, as they together break down each others counters nicely for the other to sweep. Blaziken is also a great partner, as Blaziken can muscle through Steel types that can potentially wall Scizor, like Skarmory. As always, Rotom-W is a great partner, because of the amazing synergy they both share."

For bulky SD: "This Swords Dance sweeper is generally aimed at balanced teams, meaning bulky Grass types that check bulky Water types make for good partners. Amoonguss and Breloom are the best choices. Starmie makes for a good partner, for their decent synergy and Starmie's ability to clear the field with Rapid Spin. Lucario and Blaziken too. Blaziken is also a great partner, as Blaziken can muscle through Steel types that can potentially wall Scizor, like Skarmory. As always, Rotom-W is a great partner, because of the amazing synergy they both share."

Hope this helped.

Well.. After a few days testing CB scizor (which by the way is incredible still, if not better than before) and mega SD scizor. I'm finding it hard to choose. Mega scizor was one of the pokemon I dismissed but it's pretty insane.. it's incredibly bulky on both sides and at +2 it's just much better than standard CB scizor

Thanks got some ideas for a scizor team now. How would gengar tyranitar or slyveon work on a scizor team

Last edited:
Probably Max HP, with heavy investment in Special Defence. Mega Scizor's main strength as a bulky SD user is setting up multiple SDs and roosting off damage. I'd need to run some calcs, but theres probably a specially defensive spread (probably still adamant), where you avoid some specific OHKOs and 2HKOs, while probably getting some OHKOs either at +0 or +2, and we'll eventually find that sweet spot as the meta develops. I believe SpD Bulky Scizor in Gen 5 ran 216 SpD Adamant to switch into Gengar and Alakazman, so that might be a good benchmark to start.

I suppose a physically defensive variant is viable to set up on unboosted physical attacks, but I think having the allround bulk is better and makes better use of Scizor's nice resistances. If you're looking for a single swords dance into a sweep, Mega Scizor is outclassed by Life Orb Scizor in every field but speed, which is fairly moot due to bullet punch, and argueably worse against Skarm since you can't hit it with Fighting coverage super-effectively if it roosts.

Thanks got some ideas for a scizor team now. How would gengar tyranitar or slyveon work on a scizor team
Scizor's a team player, not a leader. But you should definitely pack something that can tank fire type attacks and provide defensive synergy. Heatran was always an excellent choice, but it's not available yet. Why not Assault Vest Ttar? It's one of the best specially bulky attackers in the game and checks Mega Gengar by being able to tank a focus blast and killing it back with Crunch. It also provides special defense to Scizor thanks to sand stream, so if you choose to switch Scizor back in while sand is up you get a boost to your special bulk. This compliments Mega Scizor pretty well, so if you don't have another mega you want to use, I'd run the bulky swords dance set if I were you.

Scizor's a team player, not a leader. But you should definitely pack something that can tank fire type attacks and provide defensive synergy. Heatran was always an excellent choice, but it's not available yet. Why not Assault Vest Ttar? It's one of the best specially bulky attackers in the game and checks Mega Gengar by being able to tank a focus blast and killing it back with Crunch. It also provides special defense to Scizor thanks to sand stream, so if you choose to switch Scizor back in while sand is up you get a boost to your special bulk. This compliments Mega Scizor pretty well, so if you don't have another mega you want to use, I'd run the bulky swords dance set if I were you.
Def was considering ttar. That seems like very good synergy.

Xerneas is probably going to be the most overused pokemon in ubers thanks to the hype of fairy types, geomancy and all the legendary dragons, so anything that counters it effectively, like Mega-Scizor, will be on the fast track to ubers.

On another note, has the whole knock-off being at 65 power and doubling if there is a held item been confirmed? Can't find anything to prove it......
As far as I know it has been debunked, I honestly would prefer Thief (gets the Technichian boost at 60BP) to just hit the sword hard. Possibly, you could even use Dark Gem + Thief to be a troll to the sword or whatever your opponent tries to counter you with--hit boosted and steal their leftovers.

EDIT: Also, is there a possible EV spread for Megazor(d) that lets it handle MegaGar (and tank a shadow ball, then SD)?

I would definately rate scizor as one of the least nerfed steel types, the two types steel lost resistance to don't want to take scizor on anyways. With its new mega evolution it wil be a force to recon with.

Tyranitar is my first alternate on my Offensive Volt Switch (Scizor, Rotom-W, Jirachi, Latios, Starmie, Heatran) team. Sandstorm is great since with Scizor obviously. He's more of a defensive type, if your team needs that.

I just bred a scyther with outstanding potential and 4 perfect ivs except for spe attack and def. Def has about 30 ivs. Should I rebreed again to get a total of 5 perfect ivs? And will the 1 def difference be a huge difference between surviving something and being KOed?

I just bred a scyther with outstanding potential and 4 perfect ivs except for spe attack and def. Def has about 30 ivs. Should I rebreed again to get a total of 5 perfect ivs? And will the 1 def difference be a huge difference between surviving something and being KOed?
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs 252 HP/0 Def Scizor: 56.69% - 67.15% (2 hits to KO) (with perfect IV's)
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs 252 HP/0 Def Scizor: 56.98% - 67.44% (2 hits to KO) (with only 30 Defense IV's)

As you can see, the difference is incredibly minuscule.

I think you got a keeper there.

I am really on the fence here with scizors evs and moveset. All the talk with with the pokebank. Whats a good set for here and now

The thing that should prevent people from using mega scizor is that you only get one mega. He isn't that much better than his original form to warrant using your mega on him when some megas turn pokemon into one man wrecking teams. (looking at you mega gengar, mega kanga, and mawile in trick room)

Tyranitar is my first alternate on my Offensive Volt Switch (Scizor, Rotom-W, Jirachi, Latios, Starmie, Heatran) team. Sandstorm is great since with Scizor obviously. He's more of a defensive type, if your team needs that.
I like like tryanitar just need to find a set that fits with scizor

The thing that should prevent people from using mega scizor is that you only get one mega. He isn't that much better than his original form to warrant using your mega on him when some megas turn pokemon into one man wrecking teams. (looking at you mega gengar, mega kanga, and mawile in trick room)
actually normal scizor outclasses the mega one in many things,having another mega is not the only reason to not choose the mega version over the conventional SD and CB sets

actually normal scizor outclasses the mega one in many things,having another mega is not the only reason to not choose the mega version over the conventional SD and CB sets
Predictability is one thing that it has on it's un-mega'd counterpart. If scizor is leading it 9 times out of 10 is CB'd and about to U-turn. If scizor switches in on something that can't dent it, it's going to use swords dance. With mega-scizor you never know what it's going to do since it can run with both due to not being limited by it's item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)