1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Scizor's Squad

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by javyj79, Sep 16, 2012.

1. javyj79

javyj79

Scizor's Squad
    [pimg]212[/pimg] [pimg]503[/pimg] [pimg]373[/pimg] [pimg]490[/pimg] [pimg]121[/pimg] [pimg]669[/pimg]​

Say hello to Scizor's Squad. As you can imagine i started this team with Scizor. Why you ask? Not only does he look really cool, but he also has really cool stats, attacks, and typing. I started this team a while back and this team has given me phenomenal success. I Also, create team with Item Clause in effect so i don't have to worry about changing anything when i play random Wifi battles. Now on to the Main event!

[pimg]212[/pimg]
    Scizor @ Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Nature: Adamant
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower

Scizor is a such a monster. His Bullet Punch + Technician + Stab + Choice Band can obliterate anything that doesn't resist it. Tyranitar and Terrakion have to choose to faint, or have another pokemon switch in. Bullet Punch is also an excellent attack to revenge kill weakened opponents. U-Turn is Scizor's secondary STAB attack. Yes, Bug Bite does do more damage, but i really need the ability to scout the opponent,especially if they have Magnezone, or they try to bring in a Poke that resist Bullet Punch. U-Turn destroys Alakazam, Although what doesn't 2HKO Alakazam on the physical side lol? It also help scout for fire types like Volcarona and Heatran. Pursuit is a huge threat to any Ghost, or Psychic Poke that isn't behind a Substitute or isn't carrying HP fire. Choice Scarfed and Specs variants of Latios will be able to do nothing as Scizor traps it for the Revenge kill. I do have to watch for HP Fire from Latios as i will OHKO Scizor. Lastly we go to Superpower, I don't use it very often, but if i predict a switch i can catch someone with a neutral Superpower to do solid damage expecting to resist a Bullet Punch or a Scout with U-Turn. Super Power also help Obliterate a Weakened Magnezone. Nature and Ev's are Straight forward to maximize damage output and have some bulk with Scizor's excellent typing. I choose Choice Band, because it adds Scizor's superb attack stat. Scizor's fire weakness is literally covered by everyone on the team. Water attacks can be troublesome and Rotom, Starmie, and Salamence can take those.

[pimg]503[/pimg]
    Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
    Nature: Modest
    - Volt Switch
    - Hydro Pump
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Thunderbolt

Rotom-Wash is one my favorite leads. Having him with Volt Switch gives me the vicious Volt-Turn Combo. It acts as a great stab attack and i can scount switch ins. All the Water Pokes take massive damage from this if they don't switch. Starmie, Politoed, Tentacruel (defensive variants), Tornadus-T all cower in fear. Hydro Pump is only there, because i can't have Rotom-W other wise... J/K Hydro Pump plows thorugh anything that doesn't resist it. Scizor is 2HKO. Rain teams that want to switch in Thundurus-T expecting a Volt Switch will get OHKO. Mamoswine is a joke to Rotom being immune to Earthquake and watching Ice Shard do laughable damage. Hydro Pump also 2HKO's Tyranitar. Fire types aren't too much of a problem either. I do have to watch out for Infernape and Terrakion's Close Combat when Rotom is weak. Specially Defense Heatran is 2HKO. Volcarona is tricky one, Specially Defensive Variants or after 1 or 2 Quiver Dance will give me trouble. HP Grass, i cannot tell you how many times Gastrodon has tried to come in my Rotom trying to wall it. I used to run HP Ice to hit Dragons. Then i tried HP Fire to hit my 2nd most hated poke, Ferrothorn, but it the rain it won't do much and Gastrodon was walling my team. HP Grass can also serve as a clean up kill when i can't afford to miss with Hydro Pump on some guys like Tyranitar, Terrakion, Focus Sash Mamoswine, and a few others. I choose Thunder Bolt as my last move so i can get a higher output STAB attack for when i need it. Thunderbolt OHKO nearly every water poke except for Specially Defensive Jellicent. Nature is Modest to maximize damage. The speed Ev's are just enough to out speed Breloom with neutral nature speed. The rest go to HP to add bulk. I choose Leftovers to add to Rotom's bulk. Rotom's Grass weakness is covered by Scizor, Salamence. and Heatran.

[pimg]373[/pimg]
    Salamence @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Sp. Attack
    Nature: Naughty
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Dance
    - Fire Blast

This guy =]. Dragons are awesome and Salamence is my set up sweeper. After a Dragon Dance he Outspeeds so many different threats: Life Orb Infernape with Stone Edge, Starmie, Jolteon with HP Ice, Non-scarfed Latios, also, neutral nature scarfed Hydreigon and Haxorus. Dragon Claw is obligatory STAB, Earthquake gives me near perfect coverage and helps hit Pokes like Tentacreul, Infernape, Terrakion, Tyranitar, Jirachi (my most hate poke) among others. Fire Blast helps obliterate Ferrothorn, Scizor, Breloom, Virizion (though i havent encountered one in combat yet). I do have to watch out for all those pokes in the rain though. The Ev's are straight forward to maximize attack and speed. I decided on Naughty Nature to get those extra points to attack and to make sure Fire Blast can do its job. Though a Naive nature is tempting to outpace +speed Tentacruel, Jirachi, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Salamence, but after a Dragon Dance i out paced them. However i did once run into a Jirachi with a Choice Scarf that just Iron Head Flinched me till my Salamence fainted. I would have won that match, but Jirachi's overpowered Serene Grace won. Did i mention Jirachi is my most hated Poke? I choose Moxie over Intimidate, because... well have you ever seen what happens after a Moxie Salamence KO's one of your Pokes and your Mamoswine has fainted? I have =]. I choose Lum Berry so i can Volt Switch out of a Breloom switch in, Dragon Dance, then go for the kill. Also, helps me KO a weakened Chansey/Blissey who tries to Thunder Wave me, or a Ferrothorn who tries to Thunder Wave. Also helps stop any burns and poisons, Though i do sometimes find myself in situation where Life Orb would have helped KO a Pokemon, i don't like the thought of Salamence losing health in return. Combined with SR, Hail, and Sandstorm damage he won't last long. So for Salamence im torn between a few a options. Dragon Claw vs Outrage (i hate locking myself into Outrage though). Naughty vs Naive Nature. Life Orb vs Lum Berry. I would like as many opinions as possible, especially from Salamence users. Salamence's weakness' are covered by Scizor and Hetran. Rotom and Starmie also help with it Ice weakness.

[pimg]490[/pimg]
    Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 HP / 252 SDef
    Nature: Calm
    - Overheat
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    - Roar

Heatran trolls sun teams. I had Lave Plume for the added burn affect, but i prefer power over luck so choose Overheat. He also doesn't stay in long enough so the the Sp. attack being lowered isn't a problem. I've also been in situations when Overheat would have finished off an Amoongus (3rd most hated poke) preventing the spore. Overheat is there to mostly just hit steel, bug, and grass types. You switch in something that doesn't resist and it isn't raining, then sucks for you since it will still do solid damage. Stealth is pretty self explanatory, i can do even a little damage to every single pokemon. Thunderus-T loses much needed life. Dragonite loses Multiscale, Salamence can be picked off by Scizor. The Opponent will think twice about constant switching. A spin blocker would help to deal will Starmie, Donphan and Forretress, but Rotom-W deals with them very well, even if my entry hazard are span away. Toxic helps cripple set u sweepers like Volcarona, if i don't have rocks set up. Toxic also helps with the likes of Gastrodon, Jellicent, Latios and Latias. As long as my Balloon is intact i can even Toxic anything that carries earthquake, except for Gliscor. Roar helps me Phaze away set up sweepers like Dragonite, Salamence, Reuniclus, Baton Pass teams, Substitute users, and even Calm Mind Latias. A Phazing move is a great asset on any team, especially to stop anything that can set up. The Nature and EV's maximize Heatran's Sp. Def. with his superb steel typing. I choose Air Ballon so i can get a free turn to set up Stealth Rocks, Toxic, or Roar away a huge threat. I have also considered Will-O-Wisp over Toxic, thoughts on that please? Heatran Fightting weakness is covered by Salamence and Starmie. His water weakness is covered by Rotom, Salamence, and Starmie. His ground weaknes is covered by Rotom and Salamence.

[pimg]121[/pimg]
    Starmie @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Nature: Timid
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Rapid Spin

I've loved Starmie since 1998. Great typing, outstanding coverage, outstanding pokemon. Starmie is my spinner. It's also my, dragon, rock, ground, water, fire, flying pokemon killer. Even the occasional grass Pokemon. Did i miss any? Surf puts the hurts on the fire pokes and anything else that does't resist. Terrakion gets merked by Surf. I do have to watch out for Volcarona and Quiver Dance. Ice beam gives me great coverage on Dragon and Flying types, It also helps me take out a weakened Breloom. Thunderbolt destroys Gyarados and hit all other water pokes hard, especially if i lost Rotom-W. Nature and Ev's are standard for Starmie. Maximize Speed and Sp. Attack. Illuminate is useless so of course i go with Nature Cure, really helps when i bring it in on Toxic Spikes as well or predict a Thunder Wave. Starmie's Electric weakness isn't really covered by anyone so it a potentional problem. Starmie's Bug, Dark, Ghost and Grass Weakness are covered by Scizor. Salamence also helps with Bug and Grass. Terrakion covers dark as well. Grass Weakness is also covered by Salamence and Heatran. I choose Expert Belt to Deal that extra Super Effective damage, and to occasionally bluff a choice item. I would choose Leftovers, but i always play with Item Clause on even if the opponent doesn't. It also helps for when i go play Random Wifi Battles.

[pimg]669[/pimg]
    Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Nature: Jolly
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor
    - Sacred Sword

Terrakion is of the greatest Choice Scarf users ever. He gets near perfect Coverage with STAB Close Combat and Stone Edge. Thunderus, Tornadus, Salamence, Dragonite (after Multiscale is bypassed), and Gyarados (among other i can't think of right away) get merked. Close Combat destroys Tyranitar, other Terrakion (if i win the speed tie), Ferrothorn,. These 2 attacks can OHKO or 2HKO so many pokes that i currently can't think, because there are so many. X-Scissor helps deal with a weakened Starmie, Alakazam (after Sash is broken), a weakened Latios or Latias, Celebi, etc... The fourth move slot is irrelevant and i never use it unless i run out of moves which doesn't happen so its just there. Terrakion's fighting weakness is covered by Salamence and Starmie. Water is covered by Salamence, Starmie and Rotom. Ground is covered by Rotom and Salamence. Steel is covered by Rotom, Starmie, and Scizor. Flying attacks are covered by Rotom. Grass Attack are covered by Scizor, Heatran, and Salamence

That was mad work to type. NEXT PART. THREATS!

Jirachi: This thing trolls me sometimes and i really hate it. With that Thunder wave/ Iron head combo, it should be friggen illegal. If my Salamence is set up i don't have to much trouble, but i still hate fighting Jirachi.

Amoongus: In the rain he such an A-hole. Putting my guys to sleep and my fire attacks not doing as much as they should. He is the reason i put Overheat on Heatran. At least Amoongus can't do anything, but that to Heatran... well it can Leed Seed me as well.

Dragonite: Bulky Variants of Dragonite are really hard to take down. Substitute, Thunder Wave, Dragon Tail, and Roost. Its so hard to takedown, even with rocks, i have get Starmie or Terrakion out without being Thunder Waved, behind a Substitute, or when Multiscale isn't bypassed.

Tentacruel: Tentacruel with Giga Drain, Surf/Scald, and Ice Beam trolled my team once. They lead with it and due to some poor decisions on my part, he KO'ed my Rotom, Salamence, and my Starmie before i was even able to get him down to 50% health. Thats another situation where my Salamence could have possibly saved the day with a +speed Nature.

Well thats all the Threats i can think of at the moment. Feel free to mention any i miss. Please RMT, i am very open to suggestions. My win rate with this team about 80%-85% which i think is great. I usually only lose to poor predictions. I've had very few loses from the enemy having a "better team". Please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors. I'm usually diligent with details, but time is not my ally today and this is A LOT of typing. RMT =]
  2. Alexander.

Alexander. Banned deucer.

Hello, nice team you put here. Imo, DDnite is better than salamence for one reason: multiscale. He favors the setup so incredible. Now, you have DDnite for destroy sun team, so you can put deoxys-d in place of heatran for have spikes.

(I can guarantee, however, that heatran can't stop any sun team because genesect and dugtrio are everywhere in this type of teams)

Ah, put rock slide in place of sacred sword on your terrakion, it's utility vs stuff like volcarona and ddnite at +1, if you don't want miss stone edge.

Deoxys-d set:
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Deoxys-D @ Rocky Helmet
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - Night Shade
    - Spikes

Dragonite set:
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Outrage
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Fire Punch
    - Dragon Dance

Gl with your team ;)
  3. morningsun

morningsun

Great team. As far as Salamence goes, I'd recommend Lum Berry, Outrage, and a plus speed nature. You may want to try using Roost over Fire Blast. It's very helpful against stall teams, allowing you to rack up DD boosts until you can OHKO and proceed to sweep the opposing team. I use the same set and know that it's effective. Also, for Terrakion, you may want to consider using EQ instead of Sacred Sword as it is a more usable/useful move.
    When I finished typing I found that someone had posted before me. I've tried DDnite and learned one thing: if you want to use it, you need a spinner. The only thing it's got over mence is multiscale, broken upon switching in by rocks, the most used entry hazard, if not move, in the game.
  4. Jimbon

Jimbon FAKE TRAIN
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Hi there,

Nice team, a Volt Turn combo supported by a Rapid Spinner, with Salamence being able to setup on weakened foes and Terrakion can clean up late game. There were a couple things that looked annoying for you to face, most notably Tentacruel and Amoonguss. Both of these are often used in Rain Stall, and they look like they can cause a lot of trouble for your team. Tentacruel can set up hazards while being able to spin your hazards away, this continually forces Starmie to switch in and Spin which can be hard to do over and over when your Starmie lacks Recover. Amoonguss on the other hand can easily switch in against Starmie and Rotom, while putting your other members to sleep. It can live any hit from Terrakion and Giga Drain it, while variants carrying Hidden Power [Ice] don't give Salamence any setup opportunities. To help with these problems, I'd recommend you try out Psyshock > Thunderbolt on Starmie. Psyshock allows you to hit these common Starmie switch ins harder on their weaker physical defense. Both are 2HKO'd factoring in Expert Belt which means they cannot always switch in safely. This is good because it effectively stops your opponent putting something to sleep through Spore, or being able to Spin away Heatran's Stealth Rock. By going with this change you lose Thunderbolt, but the only real drawback here is hitting Jellicent / Gyarados harder. Gyarados is never breaking through your Rotom-W set. Jellicent on the other hand is Toxic'd by Heatran while it fails to 3HKO, Thunderbolted by Rotom and Salamence gets a free DD against it with Lum Berry as it Will-O-Wisp / Scalds you.

I also looked over your Rotom-W's set, and I noticed a little redundancy. I don't see the benefit of running Hidden Power [Grass] on Rotom. Yes Gastrodon is a common switch in, but that's just about all you hit. The fact you're running it would imply that your team has nothing for Gastrodon, which is not true. Heatran can Toxic it on the switch in, Scizor U-Turns out for well over half, Terrakion can revenge it and if you choose to go with the Psyshock change on Starmie you have an even easier time against Gastrodon. I think you should drop Hidden Power [Grass] in place of Will-O-Wisp. Will-O-Wisp still hits Gastrodon for some helpful passive damage as it switches in, while also statusing Amoonguss, Jirachi and Dragonite, all 'mons who you mentioned were annoying to face. Burning Jirachi or Dragonite makes it much easier to switch into Salamence and setup, or get in Terrakion safely.

I'd also recommend you run 248 HP EVs on your Scizor to minimize Stealth Rock damage upon entry. It's a small change but can be gamechanging in situations where you fail to Spin with Starmie.

Good luck!
  5. blarajan

blarajan holla ladies #£14000 #bling #sparkle #bitchesonmydick
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

Life Orb > Expert Belt on Starmie, Psyshock > Thunderbolt, Shed Shell > Air Balloon on Heatran, Will-o-Wisp > HP Grass on Rotom-W

Good luck!
  6. Jirachee

Jirachee Kaleidoscope
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    RMT Co-Leader

Hi

Cool team, however, you might have issues against opposing volturn, and to an extent, Rotom-W. Thundurus-T could also pose a threat to this team as, it's fairly easy for it to switch into Scizor. The main reason for this is that you carry no Electric resistance, which means that Rotom-W's Volt Switch will damage all of your team members a lot, and Thundurus-T's Electric STAB moves will decimate your team. There are no Pokemon that you can hope to switch into Thundurus-T as it is 100% sure to use an Electric attack which destroys your two checks, Starmie and Terrakion because one is weak to it and the other isn't very bulky. It will switch into Scizor rather easily and then start firing off its STABs. Rotom-W can create a pretty big volturn chain with a Scizor partner because it will be difficult for you to take it down and what takes it down don't really want to switch into it. I think that you could be using a tank Latias instead of your Heatran. Latias gives you an extremely bulky Electric resist that Rotom-W can't dream to take down, while Thundurus-T will not have a free way to spam Thunder(bolt) which is a nice bonus. Furthermore, Latias is an even better stop to Sun teams as Dugtrio cannot trap it, and it resists both Grass and Fire attacks which is great, while it can retaliate with a powerful Draco Meteor. Aside from Volcarona, Latias is pretty much the worst nightmare of the common sun abusers, but Terrakion is capable of taking care of it, so you don't have to worry about it.

Regarding Salamence, you should use a Naive nature with Outrage. Without a boosting item, Salamence will be fairly weak, leaving it unable to OHKO some of the bulkier threats that can heavily damage it back with an Ice Beam or a Stone Edge. When you pack Outrage, however, Salamence's power increases a lot giving it the opportunity to grab a lot more KOs allowing it to sweep earlier, which is great since sometimes you can't really control when the perfect set up opportunity happens. A +2 Dragon Claw isn't even as powerful as a +1 Outrage, so you miss out on a lot of power with it, especially since you have Lum Berry which can cure Salamence's confusion if it has not been statused already. A Naive nature will allow Salamence to outspeed the most popular Scarfer at the moment, Genesect, so you can Fire Blast it before it Ice Beams you, definetly a plus.

You should really try out Will-O-Wisp instead of Thunderbolt on Rotom-W. Thunderbolt is a fairly redundant move with Volt Switch, as while it packs consistent power, you can deal with pretty much everything it's used for by using Volt Switch, which also does a lot of damage to these threats, and then going to Starmie who also uses Thunderbolt. Will-O-Wisp, on the other hand, is a godsend to your team. Since Rotom-W is an amazing Ferrothorn lure, it allows you to burn it while it tries to come in and stop Rotom-W, which greatly reduces its walling capabilities. It will be forced to Leech Seed a lot more, meaning it isn't using Spikes, definetly good news. It also drains its HP every time it comes in, something that Salamence loves when your aiming at sweeping late game with it, as a weakened, burned Ferrothorn will heavily struggle at taking boosted Outrages allowing you to clean up the opponent's team. I think that's a great trade off.

Swapping out Heatran leaves you without Stealth Rock, which is relatively bad, so you'll have to use it on Terrakion over Sacred Sword. Being locked into SR really sucks but that's the only place you can fit it on your team, so you'll have to do it. Besides, Sacred Sword isn't a very good move so it's not like you miss out on something important.

Lastly, you should only use 248 HP EVs on Scizor, and put the rest somewhere else, most likely in Special Defense. With 248 EVs, Scizor can switch in with Stealth Rock (or one layer of Spikes) on the field one more time, since its HP will now be a number divisible by 8, +1. This can make the difference when you have a pretty long volturn chain and gives you one more opportunity to do something with Scizor on the field, so I think it's worth it.

Anyway that's pretty much it, here's the set you should use:
    Latias (open)

[​IMG]
    Latias @ Life Orb
    Levitate
    Timid
    EVs: 152 HP / 172 SpA / 184 Spe
    ~Draco Meteor
    ~Surf
    ~Hidden Power Fire
    ~Recover

Good luck!
  7. TheStriker

TheStriker

Lucario should be added to your threat list. It completely decimates that team. At +2 it can beat the team to the ground with Extremespeed, Close Combat, and set up another one with ease. I recommend switching your Rotom-W to a choice specs set. You can survive Extremespeed and have a better chance to OHKO it. I'm a little tired so I don't feel like giving a complete rate so sorry man. Here is the set:

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 SpA
    Nature: Modest
    - Volt Switch
    - Hydro Pump
    - Trick
    - Hidden Power[Grass]

Nice team otherwise! This is pretty standard so you might have problems when facing custom sets.

~ @a l e x a n d e r
    Don't ask to change so much stuff. Two pokemon, really? I don't even think you even checked it on PS, so don't write nonsense. I tested DDnite, and it was the same a Salamence except Salmence had Moxie so it was much better. Deo-D is outclassed almost always by Heatran so i have no idea why you are putting a pokemon on the depths of OU on a team with pure offense. Next time make the rate more careful.
  8. ClubbingSealCub

ClubbingSealCub

I'm sorry but - what?

Deo-D is arguably one of the better partners for offensive teams because of his ability to get SR +1 layer of spikes if it gets a chance to come in on something that can't threaten it or you can just lead with it and get them off the bat. It wouldn't be out of place on this team due to the amount of switches Terrakion and Salamence tend to cause.
  9. Alexander.

Alexander. Banned deucer.

I'm sorry but, as said ClubbingSealCub, deoxys-d is one of the best teammates for HO teams (aerodactyl is good too). It can put always stealth rock and often 1 layer of spikes and it can use taunt for prevent the setup of the entry hazard opponents.
    Also, I remind you that Dragonite has multiscale, yea, moxie is a very good trait but multiscale favors the setup in an incredible way. It can resist an ice beam or an hp ice or a similiar attack and it can hit or use dragon dance, according to the situation.
  10. javyj79

javyj79

Alexander: I'll try Dragonite over Salamence and see how that works out, i just don't like Dragonite's base speed, but thanks to PS i can test it out effectively.
    As useful as Deoxys seems, he isn't allowed to be used in Random Wifi battles and he is also difficult for me to obtain. Plus without a spin blocker, all those hazards can easily go to waste. I don't rely on SR so heavily. I've switch Terrakion's Scared Sword for Rock Slide. I used to have Rock Slide... but it always missed, even more than Stone Edge for some reason.

Morningsun: I'll try that Salamence you use and see how it works out. I'll play around with both Dragonite and Salamence. As for Terrakion's Earthquake, i tried that on him already, but he can hit everything else just as hard with Close Combat and Stone Edge. Locking myself into an Earthquake is very unappealing to me. As far as needing a spinner with Dragonite, i agree, and i dont always get a chance to spin the hazards away. At Least with Salamence i have a chance with his higher base speed and the Moxie boost.

Jimbon: Thanks i'll switch Thunerbolt for Psyshock on Starmie. As well as the Will-O-Wisp on Rotom. I went ahead and changed the Ev's on Scizor, i thought i had him with 248 HP, but i guess i missed that minor detail. I hope taking off the HP Grass won't hinder me too much.

Blarajan: I can't afford Starmie to use a Life Orb, its supposed to come in on hazards and make them go away. It will die extremely fast. The Shed Shell on Heatran is pointless. Magnezone never stays in Heatran. I'm not worried about Wobbufet since i can just Toxic him or Roar him away. I will try Psyshock on Starmie and the Will o Wisp on Rotom as i mentioned before.

Jirachi: I know, Thundrus T is a huge threat. I think i'll give Latias a try, but i usually just Hydro Pump with Rotom predicting the switch in on the rain team and it OHKOes him. It cant hurt to try Latias though. Your like the 3rd person who has told me use Salamence with Outrage so i will give it a try, as well as the Naive Nature.

The Striker: I'm terrible at using trick and i usually end up screwing myself over with that lol, but its worth a try, plus i already have Terrakion with scarf, and i said earlier, I make teams with Item Clause. Perhaps with specs?

Thank you all for your help you;ve been very helpful. I hope some of these changes will be for the better. Thanks again,
  11. TCR

TCR WTF is a ceiling? I'm taking this to the top
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

i see nice potential in this team. as others said, a dragonite might be best over salamence, but i'd actually be in favor of Hydreigon over both. it gives you a great core dark/fighting/psychic, while presenting a very real threat. it's scarf set can even useful in keeping the momentum going, and even functions very well with both rotom-w and scizor. try this:

hydriegon @expert belt
    - levitate -
    Naive
    4 atk/ 252 SpA/ 252 speed
    - Earth Power/ Superpower
    - U-turn
    - Fire blast
    - Draco meteor

other than that, its a fairly standard team.

but, if you end up keeping salamence or dragonite, i propose to change scizor to a Scarf Genesect.

Genesect @Choice Scarf
    - download -
    Naive
    252 atk/ 4 SpA/ 252 speed
    - U-turn
    - Flamethrower/ Ice beam
    - Bug buzz
    - Thunderbolt
  12. ClubbingSealCub

ClubbingSealCub

Not sure if this is or isn't prevalent on wifi battles, but the Shed Shell on Heatran is for Dugtrio + U-turner combination (usually Genesect).

Because of Heatran's quad-resistance to U-turn, and being sort of the "best" counter to Genesect in OU, he usually gets sent right away, and Genesect's u-turn pops the balloon (if it's holding any) and Dugtrio gets a free switch and the chance to OHKO with Earthquake. Shed Shell ensures that Dugtrio will never trap you, so Heatran gets to live (and thus wall Genesect) another day.

Since you said this was for wifi battles, I wouldn't bother with it unless it gave you excessive trouble.

edit: yeah you got ninjaed by a seal. Spheal with it.
  13. blarajan

blarajan holla ladies #£14000 #bling #sparkle #bitchesonmydick
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

Shed Shell on Heatran is for Dugtrio. Genesect U-Turn breaks Air Balloon and switches to Dugtrio, which then OHKOes. Sun then rapes your team.

edit: dat ninja
  14. javyj79

javyj79

My Heatran has never been trapped by a Dugtrio, nor would i ever let it happen to Heatran i know better than that. I always know when Genesect is going to U-Turn so I'm too worried. When it becomes a threat, then i will consider it.
  15. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude !!!
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Mentor

Hey dude nice looking team!

looking at your team you mentioned Dragonite, Tentacruel and Jirachi as threats in your rmt because Dragonite is capable of sweeping your team after a few boosts, Tentacruel in rain can troll your team with its boosted Scalds and Ice Beam, while you also mentioned Jirachi as a threat because it can take a lot of hits from your team and use the para flinching combo. Your team also seems a bit too reliant on Starmie to take on Dragon-Types like Dragonite due to your team having no other ice-type coverage while you also need to use Starmie for rapid spinning. This makes spike stacking offensive teams look troublesome for this team to face as well because without any recovery Starmie will be getting worn out quickly and will have a hard time taking shots from Dragon types anyway

To help against these problems i suggest Defensive Rapid Spin Starmie>Current Starmie This set helps Starmie take hits a lot better and also has access to Recover so he does not get worn down too quickly. This is especially important with Salamences Stealth Rock weakness and with this team using a Volt-Turn core its weakness to entry hazards in general that’s why Starmie is arguably the most important member of this team because it has to keep hazards of the field for the rest of your team. This Starmie can also use Scald to try and burn physical threats that might trouble your team while he also has Psyshock to help against your teams Tentacruel weaknes being able to hit Tentacruel on his physical defense. Sure with a more defensive set Starmie isn't as much of an offensive threat to your opponent but your team already puts alot of pressure on your opponent with its offensive presence and even with a defensive spread Starmie can still dish out damage.

Your Heatran set looks rather uneffiecent. By that i mean if you change the moveset on your Heatran Standard Specially Defensive Heatran>Current Heatran can really help your team against Dragonite while still being able to set up Stealth Rock and fufill the needs of your team. A move set of Fire Blast / Earthpower / Stealth Rock / Hidden Power [Ice] is the way to go. Hidden Power [Ice] destroys Dragonite or any other dragon with a 4x weakness to it. Earthpower is good against apposing Heatran and Fire-Types the reason i reckon Fire Blast is better then Overheat is because Fire Blast doesn't have that nasty recoil while still being a high damaging move.

Regarding your Terrakion Sacred Sword seems a little bit redundant next to Close Combat thats why Earthquake>Sacred Sword is a good option because although i admit Earthqauke offers almost nothing coverage wise it helps you net super effective damage on two of the threats you mentioned to your team Tentacruel and Jirachi. If Terrakion gets a free switch he can outspeed both of them and threaten them with Earthqauke. My only other change is using 248 Hp evs on Scizor Jirachi, and Jimbon both already suggested this and explained the reason why giving you a greater amount of Stealth Rock switch ins so i fail to see why you havn't gone with this minor change or added it to your rmt yet.

good luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Starmie @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
    Timid | 252 Hp / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Scald | Psyshock | Rapid Spin | Recover

Tl;dr
    Show Hide

Starmie
    .Defensive Starmie--->Current Starmie

Heatran
    .Standard Defensive Set--->Current Set

Terrakion
    .Earthquake--->Sacred Sword

Scizor
    .248 Hp / 8 (S)Def--->252 Hp / 4 (S)Def

~Superpowerdude

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)