Ubers Scolipede (GP: 2/2)

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
QC Checks: Shrang, Hack He Must, Edgar
GP Checks: Lord Alphose, Frenzyplant

Overview
########

Scolipede manages to secure a support niche in Ubers due to several factors. Scolipede has access to one of the best offensive abilities in the game, Speed Boost, allowing for lightning fast movement. This ability is complemented by a unique 112 base Speed, which allows Scolipede to outpace every unboosted threat in Ubers when it is at +1. Scolipede has a quite useful movepool as well, having access to the coveted Toxic Spikes as well as being able to effectively abuse moves such as Endeavor and Baton Pass. The multi-hitting Pin Missile also allows Scolipede to anti-lead against foes such as Deoxys which rely on a Focus Sash. Despite these advantages, Scolipede suffers to some extent as it is a predictable lead due to how specialized it is. This is further compounded by the fact that Scolipede is not very bulky and suffers from a weakness to Stealth Rock which can sometimes make getting it back into battle difficult. Scolipede can also struggle against sand leads, priority, and bulky offense in general due to the common use of support Arceus on bulky offense teams. Despite these flaws, Scolipede remains one of the best anti-leads and preforms excellently on hyper offensive teams.

Anti-Lead
########
name: Anti-Lead
move 1: Pin Missile
move 2: Spikes / Toxic Spikes
move 3: Protect / Toxic
move 4: Endeavor
item: Focus Sash
ability: Speed Boost
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves
========

Pin Missile is Scolipede's offensive move of choice and provides a solution to common Focus Sash leads in addition to dealing decent damage; however, it is reliant on luck when used against Deoxys-S, which needs at least three hits to be KOed, while Darkrai needs four. Although Scolipede can run both Spikes and Toxic Spikes, it is generally better to choose one or the other. Spikes are generally superior as they are less risky and can be stacked further. Toxic Spikes is a unique option when compared to other leads; however, setting up a single layer can be dangerous, as it will not badly poison support Arceus that may come in to use Defog. Protect is handy for general utility but mainly it is for accumulating +1 Speed and blocking Fake Out from Mega Kangaskhan. Toxic is another option instead of Protect which can be used to punish switch-ins that attempt to eliminate Scolipede's entry hazards. In the final slot, Endeavor is used, as when combined with a Focus Sash and Speed Boost, it can take foes to 1 HP just before Scolipede faints. Although it is not slashed, Earthquake can be used as a decent option to hit Mega Gengar, which can otherwise easily remove Scolipede.

Set Details
========

Scolipede's EVs are quite basic. Max Speed investment is needed to outspeed Deoxys-S and all unboosted threats when Scolipede is at +1. The Attack investment is critical to helping Scolipede OHKO threats such as Darkrai and Deoxys-S, which have decent bulk when compared to Scolipede's mediocre Attack. Focus Sash is Scolipede's best item choice to help it obtain two chances to attack.

Usage Tips
========

Typically, Scolipede likes to use Protect turn one. However, when against threats such as Deoxys which set entry hazards it is better to attack, as if the opponent switches this can lead to free hazards or status. Early predictions are important and it must be decided if your opponent will attack or switch as this will affect your best move. Although Scolipede is primarily a lead, if your opponent has anti-leads such as Thundurus and Mega Gengar, Scolipede is best saved for later. Scolipede's tendency to lead can also become an advantage as you can bank on your opponent's assumptions to become more unpredictable as Scolipede does not necessarily have to lead to effectively set hazards.

Team Options
========

Due to Scolipede's better momentum generation when compared to many other hazard leads and its access to Toxic Spikes, it works best on a hyper offensive team. Ghost-types are good partners for Scolipede as they are immune to common Normal-type priority moves and block the few users of Rapid Spin which can immediately eliminate Scolipede's entry hazards. Calm Mind Arceus-Ghost is an excellent partner as it can beat Gengar one-on-one before Gengar Mega Evolves and threaten Defog users in general. Scolipede also needs Pokemon that appreciate the hazards that it lays such as Mega Kangaskhan, Shaymin-Sky, offensive Mewtwo, Choice Scarf Kyogre, Rayquaza, and offensive Palkia. Lastly, Scolipede needs teammates that can lead in place of it when the opponent has leads that can threaten Scolipede.

Baton Pass Lead
########
name: Baton Pass Lead
move 1: Protect
move 2: Baton Pass
move 3: Swords Dance / Substitute
move 4: Pin Missile
item: Focus Sash / Black Sludge
ability: Speed Boost
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves
========

Protect allows Scolipede to accumulate Speed boosts for it to pass and prevents Fake Out use from Mega Kangaskhan. Baton Pass is mandatory for a passing set. Swords Dance allows Scolipede to deal respectable damage with Pin Missile at +2; however, it is mainly for passing the boosts to receivers. Alternatively, Substitute can be used over Swords Dance as when paired with Protect, Scolipede accumulates more Speed. Pin Missile is Scolipede's only attacking move and still allows for anti-leading against certain common leads.

Set Details
========

Max Speed investment allows Scolipede to outspeed Deoxys-S and the entire unboosted tier when it is at +1. Attack investment allows Pin Missile to deal enough damage to anti-lead threats such as Deoxys-S. A Focus Sash maximizes Scolipede's chances of passing after boosting. A possible alternative to a Focus Sash is Black Sludge, which should only be run with Substitute and heals enough HP to allow Scolipede to survive longer by stalling with Protect and Substitute.

Usage Tips
========

As this Scolipede is primarily for passing, Taunt will prevent it from doing its job entirely. Protect should be used against Deoxys leads that may carry Taunt so that Scolipede can outspeed and OHKO them with Pin Missile next turn. Scolipede is quite fragile and at great risk of being KOed by priority, so it should Baton Pass as soon as possible. Because Scolipede is quite identifiable as a lead, it tends to draw out anti-leads. This can be planned for and capitalized upon while Scolipede is saved for later use.

Team Options
========

Once Scolipede has accumulated stat boosts it will need teammates to receive them. Such receivers should have good bulk and offensive power that can be hindered to some extent by their lower speeds. Groudon, Arceus, and Kyogre are some of the many examples. Ghost-types such as Arceus-Ghost and Giratina formes provide a solution to Mega Kangaskhan while also providing Defog support which can be useful when saving Scolipede for later use.

Other Options
========

A more offensive Baton Pass Scolipede set is possible with Earthquake or Rock Slide as coverage, Earthquake beating threats such as Mega Gengar and Dialga leads and Rock Slide hitting Flying-types that resists Pin Missile. Aqua Tail is also usable as it hits Excadrill leads and deals chip damage to Landorus-T to place it in the KO range of other physical sweepers such as Mega Blaziken.

Checks and Counters
========

**Mega Kangaskhan**: Due to the multi-hit nature of attack affected by Parental Bond, Mega Kangaskhan can bypass Scolipede's Focus Sash and OHKO it.

**Prankster Anti-Leads**: Pokemon Such as Thundurus, Sableye, and Whimsicott bypass Scolipede's Speed Boost, so they will likely move first. They all have access to Taunt, so they will stop both of Scolipede's sets entirely.

**Ho-Oh**: When against Scolipede, Ho-Oh can use Sacred Fire which can effectively OHKO Scolipede with a burn, thereby limiting it to a single layer of entry hazards or preventing a Baton Pass.

**Mega Gengar**: Taunt shuts down Anti-Lead Scolipede and Shadow Tag traps it while Pin Missile does nothing, thereby limiting it to a single layer of entry hazards.

**Priority Moves**: As priority moves ignore Speed Boost, users of them can limit Scolipede to a single layer of entry hazards or KO it before it can Baton Pass. Typical priority users include Swords Dance Arceus, Rayquaza, Mega Scizor, Giratina-O, and Aegislash.

**Weather Leads**: Sandstorm damage from Tyranitar's or Hippowdon's Sand Stream can potentially limit Scolipede to a single layer of entry hazards or stop the Baton Pass set before a pass.

**Defog / Rapid Spin Leads**: These Pokemon undo Anti-Lead Scolipede's entry hazards. Support Arceus with Will-O-Wisp can stall out Scolipede and continue to Defog thereby stopping any entry hazards from every staying on the field.

**Phazing Leads**: Phazing leads can phaze out Baton Pass Scolipede before or after it passes. The most common Pokemon with phazing moves are Groudon, Dialga, Kyogre, and Lugia.

Last edited:
Hi, rn I'm just gonna say I think endeavor is great and needs to be main slashed (it's not even mentioned). Protect deserves a mention somewhere too. Will comment more later.

That is not how it's supposed to be slashed.

4 of the moves slashed in this set are hardly mandatory (SD, EQ, RS, BP). You also need Jolly nature for very obvious reasons. Protect, endeavor and even toxic are more important moves to have on the set.

Lead
########
Name: Hackmypede
Move 1: Pin Missile
Move 2: Spikes / Toxic Spikes
Move 3: Protect
Move 4: Endeavor / Toxic
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Nature: Jolly

First slot for anti leading Deo-S and A. Second is hazards. Number three is needed for fast taunters like MMX, and it beats Darkrai leads too. Last slot prevents set up. EQ is nice, Rock Slide is meh. Baton Pass blows on this set, and so does SD.

Last edited:

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Endeavor against Defogceus is nice too, especially if Scolipede is still alive and they come in - Defogceus comes in, gets poisoned, Defogs as Scolipede Endeavors, then dies to poison. It's a specific scenario but it happens sometimes.

also, i would think that Toxic Spikes should be slashed first, as it has way less distribution and is (arguably) better than Spikes in some situations. Regular Poison on CM/Recover Arceus can be annoying though as they can deal with the consistent damage however, and you might want to burn, say, Extremekiller instead of poisoning it (although Toxic Spikes is GREAT for burning Lum Berries as the holders switch in).

Toxic Spikes also stops Blissey from taking, say, a Toxic from Palkia, being a fat bitch for a couple turns then Natural Curing the Toxic away - this also means that she can't handle CM Arceus as well :)

Edit: also, against Darkrai, you can do this:

252 Atk Scolipede Pin Missile (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 234-276 (83.2 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Scolipede Pin Missile (4 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 312-368 (111 - 130.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I believe the average amount of times Pin missile will hit is 3.19 times (not counting the chances of a crit - Minority Suspect is the genius when it comes to the probability values here, I would recommend asking him (edit: ask yourself) about this), so you actually have a way better matchup against Darkrai than you'd think + Dark Void can miss. So staying in against Darkrai, using Protect and then Pin Missiling it is not the worst idea.

Edit of the edit: Oh wait Minority Suspect is the one writing this analysis... - facepalms -

Last edited:

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think you should separate the two sets - hazard lead as one and Baton Pass as the other. I'm not going to debate the viability of either for now, but it's not a good idea to fit two different sets in one, IMO.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so an anti-lead set with what Hack already suggested for the first set, and a BP set similar to the OP set as the second set.

LustrousPalkia, the reason why I put Darkrai as a threat was because when you lead against it without Protect, you are usually going to loose. Since Hack wants Protect on the anti-lead set it now has a much better chance of beating Darkrai, I can find the exact probability, but I believe it's high enough to where you should go ahead and attack.

Baton Pass
########
Name: Baton Pass
Move 1: Baton Pass
Move 2: Protect
Move 3: Swords Dance / Substitute
Move 4: Pin Missile
Item: Focus Sash / Leftovers
Nature: Jolly

I know this is WIP, but IMO this is how a Baton Pass set should look like. Protect is integral for accruing Speed boosts. Choose between SD to pass attack and speed boosts or Sub to safely pass speed boosts to something like Ho-Oh. Pin Missile in the last slot as anti-leading Deo-A/S is very useful.

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Is it really unviable to run Spikes and Tspikes on the same set? Space constraints aside, there are times when Scolipede can set both, and it's always nice to have both since there are undeniably matches where one is gonna be more useful than the other.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
No no no no no.

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
~ Toxic Spikes
~ Endeavor
~ Protect
~ Pin Missiles
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly / Adamant

I sashed Adamant since Scolipede can potentially KO Darkrai, Deoxy-S, Mewtwo and some other things with less pins and it outspeeds at +1 speed thanks to protect.
This is basically the exact same set Hack suggested for the anti-lead set, but without the option of slashing Spikes or Toxic which works better on certain teams. 4 HP is a no, even though this is a lead and it barely matters anyways. If you're not going to run SD, there is no reason to run Adamant as the ability to beat the entire unboosted tier is far more important than the ability to hit a tiny bit harder. Either Adamant or Jolly a three hit Pin Missile will not reliably OHKO Darkrai and you're better off hoping for a crit or 4 / 5 hits.

It's just a shame that Scoli barely misses the OHKO on tank Ho-Oh with Rock Slide, but I've still seen some good use from Rock Slide over the month of using this mon (mainly preventing Thundurus and Mega Gar from completely shutting you down). Not a great move so I'm fine for leaving it in OO unless someone can better defend it's inclusion. I also believe that Earthquake has merit.

As for Steel's comment about running both Spikes and T Spikes it is true that one tends to be more effective than the other when in certain matchup scenarios. This allows Scoli to be an effective hazard setter for most teams that it faces as some don't really mind T-Spikes while some hate them more than regular Spikes. However, this is at a great cost mostly because you loose the ability to run Endeavor / Toxic to pressure set up sweeper leads. One way around this is to just run a Spikes setter in addition, but this isn't a very good option in itself because most Spike setters that are not leads (you can't really afford to run two leads) aren't that great, or should probably be running Stealth Rock if paired with T-Spikes Scoli, one example of this is Ferrothorn. I mean I haven't actually tried to run Spikes and Toxic Spikes on the same set so I'll get right on that, but it looks like it could be advantageous for certain builds. I guess you could run both hazards over Protect, but then you miss out on having your first attacking turn to move first. I've actually never really been a fan of Protect on Scolipede since most leads will usually spam hazards / Taunt / or set up anyways but I can see its utility.

I'm still looking for suggestions for these two sets or threats against them. Thanks for all the input so far.

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Out of curiosity, is a late game cleaner set worth a mention? something the lines of Adamant LO, with Pin Missile, Poison Jab/EQ, Rock Slide, Protect? you can drop a move for (Toxic) Spikes maybe? I'm just curious as to what you think Minority Suspect :)

Minority

Numquam Vincar
I've used a SD Scolipede to clean late game several times, but this is very difficult to do and it only happened because I didn't lead with it in those matches and kept hazards off the field. The problem with running a SD cleaning set is that it is outclassed by so many other cleaners, mainly Blaze and Rayquaza who are not only far more powerful unboosted, but have access to more useful offensive utility. You could run an Adamant LO set, but it just lacks the power necessary to actually clean, dealing only around 70% even against many of the mons that it has a type advantage over (Tank Ho-Oh is always OHKOed by Rock Slide so there is that). Scolipede does get Megahorn which usually does more damage than Pin Missile so that is not bad for a cleaning set but in general the set doesn't appear to be worth the trouble.

Just saying Scolipede outspeeds the entire unboosted tier at +1 with only 188 Speed EVs, since the extra bulk can occasionally come into play and you beat nothing notable with the EVs.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
Just saying Scolipede outspeeds the entire unboosted tier at +1 with only 188 Speed EVs, since the extra bulk can occasionally come into play and you beat nothing notable with the EVs.
Non max speed means you miss out on always beating these completely viable or important threats:

~ Gengar first turn
~ Max Spe Lugia first turn
~ Infernape first turn
~ Scarf Infernape after +1
~ Lati@s first turn
~ Thundurs first turn (you lose to prankster anyways so whatever)

I mean either way it doesn't really matter wether you have an inconsequential amount of added bulk at a cost to an inconsequential amount of speed. Ho-Oh still gets a 50% to OHKO you, Kanga still OHKOs with Return, Psycho Boost still deals 99%, in fact having less bulk may be better for Endeavor use, but I honestly think it doesn't matter unless someone from QC can find 68 HP Scolipede taking a 3HKO from some important priority move or whatever. Thanks for keeping an eye out for this kind of stuff though.

I feel like endeavor should be unslashed and Protect should be slashed with Toxic. Reason being that without both Endeavor and Toxic you lose to at least one semi-common defogger; Ghosty, Tina-O, Scizor. Not being able to beat lead Darkrai and Mewtwo suck but those are possible to play around by shifting up leads and stuff while the aforementioned Defoggers just buttfuck you at team preview.
EDIT: Talked with Haruno and forgot pp stall so might not be quite so straightforward, more qc input pls.
[16:58]@Haruno:wait
[16:58]@Haruno:why is it so important that scoli beats common defoggers
[16:59]@Haruno:when no matter what it's guaranteed two layers of hazards against non priority wielding defoggers
[16:59]#Melee Mewtwo:?
[16:59]#Melee Mewtwo:cause defog switches in
[16:59]#Melee Mewtwo:and just defogs layers
[16:59]#Melee Mewtwo:right in face
[16:59]@Haruno:scoli is guaranteed two layers of hazards
[16:59]@Haruno:so?
[16:59]@Haruno:!defog
[16:59]@Haruno:er
[16:59]@Haruno:!data defog
  • Defog
    Accuracy
    PP
    24Removes hazards from field. Lowers foe's evasion.
[16:59]@Haruno:!data toxic spikes
  • Toxic Spikes
    Accuracy
    PP
    32Poisons grounded foes on switch-in. Max 2 layers.
[16:59]#Melee Mewtwo:you don't have toxic
[16:59]@Haruno:!data spikes
  • Spikes
    Accuracy
    PP
    32Hurts grounded foes on switch-in. Max 3 layers.
[16:59]#Melee Mewtwo:ghosty / tina-o comes in
[16:59]@Haruno:you literally
[16:59]#Melee Mewtwo:spams defog
[16:59]@Haruno:just keep pressing t/spikes
[16:59]#Melee Mewtwo:you do nothing
[17:00]@Haruno:how so?
[17:00]#Melee Mewtwo:nah they burn you first
[17:00]@Haruno:you have more pp
[17:00]@Haruno:eh
[17:00]#Melee Mewtwo:both run wisp
[17:00]#Melee Mewtwo:oh ut ou may be right
[17:00]#Melee Mewtwo:about htat
[17:00]#Melee Mewtwo:for scizor
[17:00]#Melee Mewtwo:so maybe
[17:00]#Melee Mewtwo:toxic / endeavor
[17:00]#Melee Mewtwo:i forgot that
[17:00]@Haruno:i feel scizor is garb as a defogger
[17:00]@Haruno:since it is really hard pressed to find free turns
[17:00]#Melee Mewtwo:yeah its not too good at it but it exists
[17:00]@Haruno:eh
[17:01]#Melee Mewtwo:but yeah you are right
[17:01]#Melee Mewtwo:sciz comes in you just spam hazard
[17:01]#Melee Mewtwo:it can't burn you like the other guys
[17:01]#Melee Mewtwo:i guess it helps with poison arceus though?
[17:01]#Melee Mewtwo:which runs defog

Slash Black Sludge on the BP set since it works if you use Sub instead of SD.

Put Spikes before Tspikes like Hack said.

Not gonna say much else since you still have it in WIP.

-MM2

Last edited by a moderator:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
Thanks for the input MM2, I'm going to go ahead and move this into QC as Blissey is written up although it still needs some work, primarily the team options sections. Running both Toxic and Endeavor makes it so that most common defoggers cannot beat you, as most Toxic immune mons get wrecked by Endeavor while endeavor immune mons get wrecked by Toxic, I think one of the few exceptions is Giratina-A although it is not used very much.

As for other options I just have EQ and Rock Slide, even though most people agree that Rock Slide is shit. Scolipede does have some other support moves that might be worth mentioning, here are some below:
~ Infestation
~ Snatch
~ Iron Defense
~ Gyro Ball
~ Swagger

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Small nitpick:
That should be 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe. Order is HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe

Also, what's with the set names. "Fuck Burn Hax" is almost completely unrelated to what the set actually is (Baton Pass). Can you make them a bit more generic?

Otherwise, it looks good. qc 1/3

Hazard/Anti-Lead

Toxic is for defoggers, you will not see many sweepers in the early game (and they are punished by Endeavor regardless). Set looks good, though I GREATLY prefer Spikes to Toxic spikes myself; having a Defog Arceus come in on regular poison means you cannot Toxic it :(.

Be more specific with Ghost types in Team Options, CM Ghost Arceus threatens Defog users while spinblocking, so it makes a very nice partner. It also forces most Mega Gengar to switch out since Shadow Ball isn't common (and Ghosty lives a Shadow Ball at full health anyway, so it wins 1-1). It hates getting para'd by Thundurus though.

Usage Tips

- "Against any foe that you do not outspeed you will typically want to Protect"-not really, you want to start attacking Deoxys formes right off the bat with Pin Missile, especially Deoxys-S. Deoxys-A can still hit you with ExtremeSpeed for decent damage after a speed boost if you leave it alive. If they switch Deoxys out, you get free hazards/status and minimize their impact on the game since sash Deoxys-A are suicide leads.

Also mention in the third point that Scolipede generally likes to lead, but if you see a Thundurus or perhaps a Mega Gengar, you are better off anticipating this and waiting a few turns to bring Scolipede in.

Baton Pass

Set looks fine. Mention Pokemon that have the bulk and power to be good recipients, like Groudon, in Team Options...be brief though as there's a long list and this point is fairly obvious :p.

Usage Tips

First point is good, please specify on the last two points. Yes, Scolipede should generally not stay in too long, but what are some Pokemon it can get a Swords Dance boost against? (specifically for Black Sludge variants since Sash will typically get one no matter what so long you do not misplay note: alright though I can see a subSD set work).

Other Options

Mention Aqua Tail lol to hit Excadrill leads, which are annoying. You do chip damage to Lando as well, which could be all a physical sweeper like Blaziken needs to break by it later in the match after setting a hazard or two up. Superpower hits Exca as well, but not Lando. Both options suck but mine as well mention something here. The second set has zero flexibility sadly.

Also do what Shrang said.

Also, briefly mention a couple Pokemon that have the bulk to make good recipients, such as Groudon.

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
Yes, Scolipede should generally not stay in too long, but what are some Pokemon it can get a Swords Dance boost against? (specifically for Black Sludge variants since Sash will typically get one no matter what so long you do not misplay).
Black Sludge should only be used with Substitute, and therefore Black Sludge Scolipede will not be running Swords Dance as it is slashed with Substitute.

mention that you *can* run double spikes but it eats up space and you'll lose to a fair amount Defoggers (kinda need tag to make it work)

in the lead bit of usage tips mention how you can take advantage of scoli screaming lead and be unpredictable since it doesn't *need* to lead to get hazards up, especially if it has protect.

I don't feel like you need to mention pursuit for mega gar, just not leading scoli handles the situation just as well. Same thing for Kyogre and sand. Twave isn't really an issue for scoli because the user has to spend a turn using it, which means an extra layer goes up. (so hf banking on parahax to limit scoli to a single layer)

I'd give more examples of good offensive teammates, ones that really like tspikes (kanga) or can get clutch KO's with spikes.

okay, the teammates in bp are kinda lame too

In general you keep mentioning fixes to things, like clerics, that aren't going to work for a lead mon. You don't want to be relying on something that only works after the fact because scoli is supposed to be leading on offensive teams, so after the fact means into mid gameish which is way too late for scoli to start doing its job. You want to not just lead if you suspect a bad matchup, just bring in one of your offensive mons (which are the guys you should be mentioning) and scare it out as you double. Obviously I'm no saying you should have that super formluaic play but it's the sort of options you want to explore because you aren't taxing your overall teambuild by forcing useless limitations and because its just more effective than this other stuff.

Also, what sleep leads are threatening BP scoli??? Darkrai, even with sash, isn't really a good anti lead. Smeargle uses Nuzzle Taunt since consistent. and loom...

Last edited:
Seconding what Melee Mewtwo said about adding offensive pokemon that abuse Toxic Spikes, I'd add Skymin for example as it LOVES Toxic Spikes :]

Minority

Numquam Vincar
Okay I updated the OP.

The reason why Smeargle and Darkrai were listed under C&C is because they both survive Pin Missile a good amount of the time from Scolipede, even from the BP set with 252 Atk.

You Protect first turn.
Second turn you move first and Pin Missile and then are put to sleep.
Bad Dreams breaks sash and then Dark Pulse can finish.

The point is that you probably won't want to lead Scolipede against Darkrai and should just save it for later since you with either only chip damage Rai or get just a single layer of hazards. Yes Dark Suck can miss and yes Pin Missile can OHKO, but you are at the mercy of rolls. I'll remove Smeargle but it does have Rapid Spin.

Remove Darkrai from counters, that's just hilarious reasoning as Darkrai will waste its Dark Void on a suicide lead that still gets hazards up (assuming it has protect). It will be unable to sweep or check CM arcs later so it's just a win for the Scolipede player. EQ for move details on lead set- it is rather nice to wreck a gengar when using tspikes.

gotta stress more how awful this can be vs bulky teams. Vs a defog arceus you are just getting burnt and stalled with defog.Toxic is your only weapon in that match up but then you lack protect which is kinda awful imo. I'd rather use Toxic over Endeavor tbf but ill let other qc chime in on this.

after that, qc 2/3

Reactions: Muk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)