SM OU Scolipede M-Medicham Offense

Introduction

Hello RMT, been using this team for a good bit and its been working alright. but i feel like its missing something. having slight issues with protean gren, and scarf lele.

Teambuilding Process

**Wanted to start the team off with something fast and that helps out medicham with psychic terrain**

**Decided that the mega i wanted to use was medicham the team is mostly built around medicham **

**Choose greninja-ash cause it hits hard is fast and ive been loving the spike tech on it**

**Needed a Stealth Rocker and lando fit the bill. also the ground/electric immunity is nice**

**Wanted a fast spinner**

**Wanted something that set up on walls fairly easy.**

The Team

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
**Main revenge killer. Sets up Psychic terrain for medicham and starmie. is my main answer to koko's.**

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
**Mostly built the team around medicham. hits hella hard and takes out those pesky lando's. running bolt beam punchs with double stab. didnt take fake out or bullet punch because of psychic terrain. **

Greninja-Ash @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
**Another fast mon that hits hard for me, spikes tech has been bae. no been running icebeam, walled by ferro but atleast i can set up spikes on it. not sure if i want to keep gren just havent found a good replacement yet**

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
**sets up rocks knocks things off. decided to go with the normal X/Y set. team really doesnt need lando to run hp-ice.40 spe for a bit faster u-turn**

Starmie @ Expert Belt
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Psychic
**fast spinner, psychic hits decently enough under terrain that i dont feel i need t-bolt. also scald for burns**

Scolipede @ Buginium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
**This is my late game sweeper. the wincon. find something i can set up on and sd.**

Conclusion

**The teams been doing really good just not great enough to get me out of 1300. scarf tapus are mainly an issue. also dont have a real check for protean gren.**

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
Greninja-Ash @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
Starmie @ Expert Belt
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Psychic
Scolipede @ Buginium Z
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Some crew you've got there, didn't see psychic spam at all lately.

My first suggestion would be drop Choice Scarf and instead run a Stallbreaker Shed Shell set. Stallbreaker Lele is a lot better partner in terms of disassembling things that Medicham could only hope to touch, things like Mega Sableye, Cofagrigus, and Reuinclus, while luring in and screwing dugtrio, making pushing through stall that much easier. Tapu Lele already is a pretty mediocre revenge killer in terms of missing out completely on the base 100 speed tier,which include Mega Zard X, Volcarona, and Salamence, and even Z-Happy Hour Greninja, all of which outspeed Scarf Tapu Lele after a single boost. Its also a very poor Tapu Koko check, as it takes an absolute massive amount of damage from Thunderbolt and hates losing momentum upon volt switch/U-Turn. Its whole Scarf set has fallen out of favor for its other Stallbreaking sets in general, as you would much rather use things that surpass 100 speed as your scarfer, things like Keldeo, Garchomp, and Nihelego, the latter two also work as much better checks to Tapu Koko and Scarf Tapu Lele if that's what your looking for. You can also run Choice Specs for a drastic increase in power, however, Shed Shell hits just as hard as Choice Scarf does, and it can increase its special attack upon using Calm Mind anyway. Stallbreaker Lele + Mega Medicham builds itself as a great anti-stall cream, which gives setup sweepers a lot more breathing room and flexibility as well.

Tapu Lele @ Shed Shell
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power Fire
- Calm Mind

The next thing you should try out is dropping Thunder Punch and replacing it with Fake Out instead. Fake out is a really great move on Mega Medicham to deal some sweet chip damage on faster opponents that would otherwise tear Medicham to shreds such as Tapu Koko and Ash Greninja. Fake out in general gives Mega Medicham a lot more breathing room in the form of killing of weakened setup sweepers and giving it more opportunities to Mega Evolve despite the speed buff, and it still hits a lot harder then you think despite being 40 base power and having no STAB whatsoever, it can really halt the faces of much faster, frail offensive pokemon each time it comes in to bash someone else's head in. Thunder Punch in general is really medicore when you're not running Tapu Koko to boost its power, as the things that it used to hit in ORAS (i.e: Slowbro) are a LOT rarer now.

Fake Out is also still a VERY good move on it for punishing offensive Pokemon such as Gren, Koko, Zam and boosted sweepers.
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch​

Something really important that I saw missing from your team is that now you were completely dry on Choice Scarf users and you were running Spikes on greninja, which isn't helping the problem at all. So instead drop Spikes and Ice Beam w/th Life Orb and instead run the standard of Water Shuriken + U-Turn w/th Choice Specs. Water Shuriken is an nigh-necessary move on any Ash Greninja set, especially under your teams circumstances, where you have very few options in choices of revenge killers. Water Shuriken backed up by Choice Specs hits harder then Talonflames Brave bird for a measure of how strong it is, its one of the most spammable attacks on the set and the only one you'll click after things get sufficiently weakened enough for ash greninja to clean. Water Shuriken in really important on Ash Greninja and it shouldn't come as a surprise why.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- U-Turn

--->

You're team doesn't really need a spinner and doesn't really need a secondary Psychic terrain abuser but your team needs a Greninja check and your team needs a scarf user, as Ash Greninja is usually not enough. To solve both of these issues, I strongly recommend you drop Starmie and instead run Choice Scarf Keldeo in its place. Scarf Keldeo provided the sufficient check for the likes of setup sweepers (Mega Zard X, Volcarona, Nihelego, even Mega Pinsir at times, survives Quick attack and can KO it with a bit of prior damage) as well as checking the likes of both Greninja and Ash Greninja and can do more then 60% on Tapu Lele and Tapu Koko with Hydro Pump. Keldeo even covers the Dark Types that threaten both Tapu Lele and Mega Medichamp, such as Choice Scarf Hydreigon, Scarf Tyraninar, etc, which can do even more havoc leaving a third psychic type in Starmie just sitting there (when I looked at the team preview, I thought for a second that this was Mono-Psychic), so Keldeo can actually make work out of this slot.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power Electric

I see you're running Bugnium Z on Scolipede, but thats basically draining the whole purpose of using Scolipede in the first place. Dropping Bugnium Z and instead running Waterium Z allows Scolipede to deal massive damage if not OHKO the sheer myriad of Steel and ground types in the tier, including the things that hit top 10 in usage such as Mega Metagross, Landorus Therian, and Celesteela. Without Hydro Vortex on its side, its basically a sitting duck for more then 99.9% of OU and misses out on the important things to hit bulkier mons like Mega Venausur instead, which most of the time isn't even worth it.

Scolipede @ Waterium Z
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail
- Swords Dance

Anyway, great job on your team! I would also like you to run HP Ice instead of Knock Off on Landorus-T as you will usually end up in a Lando vs. Lando situation most of the time, and if you're not running HP Ice you just lose your Landorus, which usually means you lose the entire match as well, but other then that I think everything else should be pretty solid.

Tapu Lele @ Shed Shell
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind

Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Scolipede @ Waterium Z
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail
- Swords Dance

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)