Scraggy got Swag

Introduction​
Hey Smogon, it is Pkn range6 here bringing you my first RU RMT. The gist of this team is to support Scraggy into sweeping. Scraggy dual STABs hits the entire tier for neutral damage. I ran into this set glancing at Molk's analysis and I thought this thing could have potential should I figure I'd give it a spin and see the results. I managed to have a win streak of 15-3 which is decent but with your guys help I think I could improve the team. To help support Scraggy I decided Qwilfish would make a perfect candidate since it has access to Thunderwave and Spikes which greatly benefit Scraggy's sweeping. After that, I added in Clefable since it has access to Stealth Rock which are crucial to most teams and a special wall. Since I have all those hazards on the field a spin blocker was required so I figured I'd try out Rotom even though it's not the best at spin blocking but really strong with LO. In addition, Scraggy needed a wall breaker so CB Entei made a good choice 2HKOing some Pokemon that resist FB. Finally, a scarfer was required which was difficult to pick since RU only has a handful to pick from. Lilligant was chosen since it has a niche of being one, for example blistering fast Sleep Powder and Healing Wish to support Scraggy or even Entei. Oh I didn't notice even 100th post yay.

At a Glance

Under the Microscope

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Drain Punch​
DD Scraggy is quite a beast when it has some boosts under its belt. Hi Jump Kick is Scraggy most strongest move, even outdamging +2 Drapion Crunch which is impressive for a NFE. Speaking of NFE it allows Scraggy to make good use of Eviolite to tank more hits while accumulating boosts. Crunch hits any pesky Ghost- and Psychic-types that try to switch in on HJK. Drain Punch is a more reliable fighting move as HJK 90% can end Scraggy sweep and Drain Punch gives some nice recovery back. Use this thing it is awesome especially since it has access to Shed Skin so it can set up on walls such as Uxie, Lanturn, Slowking plus more.

Qwilfish @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Waterfall
- Taunt
Qwilfish is a great teammate for Scraggy because it can provide Spike and T-wave support which improves Scraggy chances of sweeping. Waterfall makes Qwilfish not Taunt bait and does decent damage frail Pokemon. Taunt has become a very help move because of Qwilfish Speed investment it can Taunt Smeargle, Crustle and Ferroseed trying to set hazards in my face. Qwilfish fighting resist is really nice and counters Absol that doesn't carry Psycho Cut. I am considering using dual screen Uxie in place of Qwilfish but i'll be Absol weak and no spike support. Though, dual screens allows Scraggy to get more boosts and tank hits better, so I'm on the fence for this change.

Druddigon @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 26 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Druddigon has become really helpful checking some threats that I had which were opposing Druddigons and Sceptile. It sets up Stealth Rocks easily thanks to its natural bulk. Outrage is Druddigon most powerful move and hits many things hard with its base 120 Attack while there's only by Steel-types. Earthquake wrecks Steel-types that try to switch in while hitting stuff like Lanturn and Typhlosion super effectively. Sucker Punch is my 2nd form of priority letting Druddigon bypass his base 48 Speed. Overall Druddigon has been a great addition to my team but could be replaced by Pilowsine. PS i'm using faster Druddigon as well.

Rotom @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Pain Split​
Rotom is one of my Moltres checks since it outspeeds and OHKOs with Tbolt. Rotom is also used a spin blocker, thought it may not be the best one it can atleast prevent spinning and I can switch into the appropiate check. Shadow Ball nice STAB hits Pyschic- and Ghost-types like Slowking, Uxie and opposing Rotoms. Thunderbolt checks Moltres, Feraligatr, and Kabutops while providing ok coverage with Shadow Ball. I personally never tried the Subsplit set so I figure I'd try and see how it goes. After some tests I have started to really like it because I can evade Sucker Punchs from Absol and Druddigon then fire back with the appropiate STAB. Since Rotom is not the best spin blocker i'm not sure what else to use. There's Spiritomb but I have Dark-type already, Dusknoir sucks, Golurk could be used, but so far I'm liking SubSplit Rotom.

Entei @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- ExtremeSpeed
- Sleep Talk​
CB Entei has been on like 75% on my RU teams because it's so good with the right support. Flare Blitz 2HKO the majority of the tier and helps weaken teams for Scraggy's sweeping. Stone Edge allows Entei to hit opposing Fire- and Flying types. ExtremeSpeed is a very helpful move as it has +2 Priority which hits very hard with Choice Band. It has gotten me out of situations like OHKOing weaken Sceptile, Manetric, Galvantula plus many more. I choose Sleep Talk over HP Grass because I have Lilligant already. It's a very nice move to switch in Amoongus which can stop Scraggy's sweep with Clear Smog since Amoongus is very bulky. I don't think there's really a replacement for Entei because it wall breaks and provide priority, thought a spinner might be useful as Entei is taken down early on matches.

Lilligant (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Own Tempo
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm / Petal Dance
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Healing Wish
Lilligant has competition as a scarfer from Rotom-C which has access to Volt Switch. Though I already have Rotom meant I have to use a different scarfer and I didn't want to use Manetric cause it's stupidly weak. The thing Lilligant has over other scarfers is that no one expects scarf cause they're all like it's gonna use QD. Sleep Powder excellent move especially since Lilligant fast speed and aids in Scraggy sweep. Leaf Storm hits quite hard and murders any Quagsire from stopping Scraggy from sweeping. HP Rock has great coverage with Leaf Storm, since I have a 2nd check to Moltres and hits other Fire-, Flying-, and Bug-types such as Entei, Mandibuzz and Galvantula. Healing Wish is why this set is so good since it can give Scraggy or Entei a second chance to sweep.

Importable
Scraggy @ Eviolite
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Drain Punch

Qwilfish @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Waterfall
- Pain Split

Rotom @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Healing Wish

Clefable @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Entei @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- ExtremeSpeed
- Sleep Talk

Threat List

Hail teams

Rotom-F is very threatening with its boltbeam coverage. Entei can take a hit and FB or Espeed but the opponent most likely will switch Rotom-F out. Plus Entei goes down easily because of hail and recoil. Lilligant can revenge with HP Rock once it is down low enough.

Too strong hits too hard with Blizzard. Best bet again is with Entei and Lilligant. Considering using Pilowsine as well.

More that I can't think of or have experienced :x​

This is a really cool team, especially the Scraggy! The team is quite hazard weak though, as you said. A real easy way to fix this would be to replace T-Wave or Pain Split on Qwilfish to Taunt. The rest of the team is solid looking, and the Scarf Lilligant is a really cool idea.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello Pkn_range6! That's a pretty cool team you got there, kudos on using both Scraggy and Choice Scarf Lilligant! both are pretty underrated Pokemon and its nice to see someone else using them. Anyways, i'll try my best to improve this team as a hole and try to patch up some of the weaknesses you mentioned in the threatlist too =).

Looking at the current nature of your team Clefable seems to be out of place, it doesn't really seem to be doing much for your team aside from setting up Stealth Rock and maybe passing a few wishes, and its somewhat of a momentum killer, which is something i don't think you want considering the rest of your team looks pretty offensive. This is why i suggest replacing Clefable with either Druddigon or Piloswine. Druddigon and Piloswine are still capable of reliably setting up Stealth Rock, but they help you keep up the offensive momentum with their great STAB combinations and high Attack stats. Furthermore, both Druddigon and Piloswine help you out against the two Pokemon you mentioned in your threatlist (Sceptile and opposing Druddigon). Druddigon makes a good check to Sceptile, resisting its Giga Drain and Leaf Storm and taking little from its possible coverage moves except the rare Hidden Power Ice, and OHKOing it in return with Outrage. Because Dragon is weak to itself, a Druddigon with some speed creep could take out opposing Druddigon for you with Outrage, although it can't directly switch in. Likewise, Piloswine is capable of checking Druddigon with its immense physical bulk and powerful Ice STAB, allowing it to switch in on the Dragon, take one Outrage, outspeed, and KO Druddigon with Icicle Crash while its locked in. Also, Piloswine is capable of revenge killing Sceptile with a quick Ice Shard, although Like Druddigon can't switch in on opposing Druddigon, Piloswine can't switch in on Sceptile directly. Outside of what you mentioned on the threatlist, Druddigon and Piloswine check different groups of Pokemon, and the one you choose to use in the end should should be the one that checks the most potential threats to your team aside from the ones you listed.

As for the entry hazard problem, i think the best way to go about fixing that is to add Taunt over Pain Split on Qwilfish, while also changing its ev spread to 252 Hp / 80 Defense / 176 Speed Jolly as well. This cuts down on Qwilfish's longetivity a bit, but allows you to Outrun everything up to maximum Speed Smeargle, allowing you to Taunt it before it can begin setting up hazards on you, and lets you Taunt various other hazard setters between that benchmark and your current spread as well such as Max Speed suicide lead Omastar. Also, while this suggested spread cuts down on Qwilfish's bulk a fair bit, it still has just enough to perform its role as a physical wall as well, still avoiding the 2HKO from things such as Entei's Flare Blitz and Escavalier's Megahorn.

Lastly, i think running Petal Dance on Scarf Lilligant over Leaf Storm is worth considering, it lets Lilligant clean up late game more easily if needed because of the lack of the Special Attack drop Leaf Storm causes, while still being a really powerful move, Own Tempo prevents Petal Dance's side effect from kicking in, too. Being locked into Petal Dance might be suboptimal at times though, so this is more of an optional change.

hope i helped out! :)

summary of changes: Either Druddigon or Piloswine Clefable / Taunt Thunder Wave and 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe Jolly 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe Impish Qwilfish

optional change: Petal Dance Leaf Storm Lilligant

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Druddigon @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Qwilfish @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Petal Dance
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Healing Wish

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, I'll try and improve this team.

I agree with Molk, Clefable just seems completely out of place on this team, and you really don't need Wish / Heal Bell support on this team. I agree that Druddigon or Piloswine should replace them, as they provide solid checks to Sceptile and Druddigon and have a lot of use in tanking hits; the latter also checks hail teams, which can be an annoyance at times, while Druddigon checks all FWG cores and Manectric too, which can be useful.

I would put Taunt over Thunder Wave instead of Pain Split; Pain Split can be really, really helpful since Qwil has no recovery. This won't prevent Scolipede from getting a layer of Spikes, but this will definitely stop Roselia, Crustle, and Ferroseed (basically any hazard setter slower than Qwil). That EV spread Molk posted might also be pretty good too, so take that into consideration.

I would put Petal Dance over Leaf Storm since you can blow down the team more easily in case you'd like to stay in, as Leaf Storm makes you always have to switch. It's still really strong too.

Anyways, that's that and I hope I helped.

@PTJon7 Thanks I like Taunt with Qwilfish with Molk's spread though I replaced it with Pain Split cause T-wave helps out Scraggy a lot more than Pain Split.

@Molk and Scrafty
I'm really liking Druddigon right now with a faster spread to OHKO opposing Druddigons. I'll definitely will be using the Qwilfish spread since i'm less hazard weak. I'm going to try out Piloswine later because then i'm a bit less hail weak and still can take out Sceptile with combination of Ice Shard + Espeed or LS/PD. I'm currently testing PD and I usually thought of scarf Lilligant as hit and run. The only downside I see of using PD is that I'm not guarenteed OHKO on Cincinno which is a minor threat and being locked into a Grass-type move can suck. I really appreciate your guys rate thanks a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)