Gen 3 Screw Advance, this is my last team. (Standard)

Some of you (actually, none of you) may remember Anti's final team, his years of work put into the team that he used before quitting Advance.

This is my version of that team. I pretty much don't play Advance anymore, and this is the result of time consumed playing Pokemon on NetBattle.

Creativity and uniqueness is thrown out the window here - bog standard teams are bog standard because they work.

Team at a Glance

Zapdos @ Choice Band ** Mount Thy Steed
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Drill Peck
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Steel Wing
- Thunderbolt

Yeah, this is Choice Band Zapdos. I know I'm insane. I can HP Fighting on the obvious incoming Blissey, hit hard with Drill Peck, and when the opponent figures it out, I Thunderbolt the inevitable Skarmory.

Blaziken (M) @ Leftovers ** Full Assault
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 80 HP / 232 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Sky Uppercut
- Rock Slide
- Overheat

Synergises well with the rest of my team, and provides extra offense in a pinch.

Snorlax (F) @ Leftovers ** Bunkers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 HP / 136 Atk / 136 Def / 4 Spd / 156 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Rest

Standard issue Curselax. Walls special attacks and starts Cursing. Has trouble with Ghosts, but I'm not taking out any moveslots for Shadow Ball.

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers ** Cover Fire
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Def / 140 Spd / 56 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Surf
- Wish

Passes Wish around to my Choice Banders, and threatens Salamence and other nasty Dragons.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers ** Assassinated
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 128 Atk / 180 Spd / 196 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Focus Punch
- Giga Drain
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt

Mixgar is amazing. I Focus Punch Blissey, Thunderbolt Skarmory, Ice Punch Dragons, and Giga Drain Swampert.

Metagross @ Leftovers ** Panzer
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 140 HP / 136 Atk / 136 Spd / 96 SAtk
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit

I fling around Meteor Mashes, Pursuit fleeing stuff, hit with Earthquake, and blow up when I'm done. A solid sweeper, and good resistances too.

Have fun rating.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'd certainly advise against CB Cross when your team takes time to abuse - with the fact that spikes can easily set up on 3-4 of your pokes. So in other words, spikes wears down your team. Steel Wing is a silly choice and will just allow greater time for your opponent to abuse you. Also, it's awful coverage on that set. I'm not going to bother rating any further as of yet because you need both those issues sorted out first - and then we can see what your team'll be like.

Id suggest magneton or blaziken over heracross, because that zapdos looks fun. I would use Toxic or TWave over steel wing.

I would also like to point out your Swampert weakness, the only things it cant switch on reliably are heracross and gengar. Gengar doesnt actually counter standard swamperts, it gets ohkod by a torrentpump. To help with this you could put HP grass on Metagross over EQ.

Lutra covered pretty much everything else(spike/skarm/forry weakness). You could add fire blast on something if you want to help with that ;D.

Lutra: Steel Wing is pointless, I agree. But in all honesty its a filler move, and TWave or Toxic would be appreciate.
Zapdos and Gengar are immune to Spikes. Skarmory isn't setting up on either of those Pokemon, or Vaporeon.

HeYsUp: If my opponent sees both Magneton AND Zapdos on my team, they'll either think something's up or I'm stupid, probably the former. I actually have tried Magneton before, it worked fine but the physical destruction that Heracross can cause is too good to pass up.
HP Grass sounds interesting, I'm using Pursuit anyway so the extra special move won't hurt too much (though I'll get walled by Steels, but then again Skarmory walls it anyway).

Hmm yea i see your point with mag, but it was just a first glance thing. Blaziken can dish out nearly as much as heracross, but is more of a threat, since it can Overheat/fire blast(depending on build), for this team i mean. It has great synergy with your team actually come to think of it, Its weaknesses are:

Waters-->switch to vap then wish pass to dos or just go to snorlax

EQ/Ground->Switch to zapdos or gengar

Fast psychics-> go to metagross, and rip them up with pursuit.

Hp flyers/dragons-> usually a prediction game, but Zapdos would be a safer bet as they will likely HP fly or Earthquake before they rockslide. OR you can play it safe with Vaporeon.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Lutra: Steel Wing is pointless, I agree. But in all honesty its a filler move, and TWave or Toxic would be appreciate.
Zapdos and Gengar are immune to Spikes. Skarmory isn't setting up on either of those Pokemon, or Vaporeon.
As soon as Zapdos uses HP fighting, Skarm can set up on it. That's why I said 3-4 pokemon. 2 immunities is hardly a team not weak to spikes. 2 pokes don't even have immediate recovery fgs. CB Cross has got to go or change your team completely, accept it. I don't believe vappy can make that much difference with wish but maybe you can prove me wrong.

I made one post >_>

Very well, Heracross is a Blaziken now. I might playtset, but I have little intentions of going back to Netbattle.

Well, imo he should just shut up in general:).

If you are good with predicting damage intake, you could possibly add salac>leftovers on blaziken(like mine takes a zapdos/random other tbolts and drill peck) and makes it fast enough to wipe out a whole team, barring salamence/gyarados. Leftovers works well too though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)