SM NU SD Toxicroak Bulky Offense (Peaked #6)

454.gif
Delphox.gif
208.gif
297.gif
178.gif
080.gif

What's up everyone! I wanna showcase the team with which I got reqs and top 10 for sneasel suspect test quite easily, and I absolutely love the team. I built the original with my boys Diif and aim, so real shoutouts to them! (I only made a few subtile changes, as it was built for a tour game, not ladder)

Proof top 10.png

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball / Grass Knot
- Trick

Steelix @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 96 Atk / 168 Def / 200 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Night Shade
- Roost
- Defog / Toxic
- U-turn

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry / Waterium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Toxicroak's added spedef allows it to keep the sub against vileplume's sludge bomb over half of the time (0 SpA Vileplume Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 40 SpD Toxicroak: 70-83 (22.8 - 27%) -- 42.5% chance to 4HKO), and its speed still allows it to outspeed up to base 80's like braviary, vanilluxe passimian and gallade. Originally, this set had knock off over ice punch, which sometimes can definitely be better (as this set is indeed walled by slowbro for example), but after a lot of testing I found that ice punch was the best fit on the team. All you need to do if the opponent has a slowbro, is toxic it with your own slowbro, and you can even stall it out with substitute, and if the slowbro doesnt run psyshock (Scald/toxic/CM/slack off for example), you wall it back, and beat it by going +6. Drain punch allows it, in combination with black sludge, to stay alive for quite some time. Croak is also the main stall breaker of the team, as sub allows it to set up even on pyukumuku, but you're gonna have to freeze it though haha. Keep in mind that xatu is still a great (always) switch-in on pyuku, and knocking it off with hari or statusing it can also win you the game. (That, or trick delphox, but pyuku should rarely be their switch-in on delphox.

Delphox with a choice scarf is a great late game sweeper. I've always used shadow ball on this team, as the team can be quite weak to ghosts, and I feel like seismitoad (RIP) was checked by toxic bro anyway (or, if they had no ground STAB, toxicroak). The rest of the set is simple, STABs plus trick to cripple opposing walls like slowbro, type null, et cetera. I often want to keep my scarf to sweep though, so I dont click trick that much.

Then there's the special steelix, which hits surprisingly hard and, even better, catches opponents off guard quite often. Dark pulse easily 2HKO's xatu, so getting up rocks isn't too troublesome, and they often switch in their physical walls like steelix and druddigon, just to get 2HKO'd by this monster. It has enough speed to outspeed up to uninvested base 40's, most notably rhydon, and the rest is put into special attack to hit as hard as possible, and hp to tank (some) hits. This is the main flying-type check on the team, so if you see any, make sure to keep it around, but slowbro can do this job if it needs to.

Hariyama is the glue that holds this team together very well. It has very, very nice special bulk with the investment and the assault vest, allowing it to check almost literally every special attacker, and the double priority do quite nice chunks of damage, to where one of the sweepers picks them off. This is the main (special) ghost/dark type check on the team, so if they have one of those, like mismagius or houndoom, be sure to keep hari healthy enough, because both dark and ghost type spam can really wear this team down. The attack investment is to make sure sneasel dies to fake out into bullet punch after rocks. Now obviously, you wall sneasel quite well anyway, but this also makes it so icicle crash flinch is less of a thing, and since sneasel is kinda busted anyway, having multiple checks isn't bad.

Next up is Xatu. Xatu is mostly here to make sure hazards dont go up versus me, as well as keep up momentum. Now to be entirely honest, I've very rarely clicked defog: Only against mold breaker druddigon (as they cant touch xatu without toxic anyway). for that reason, replacing it with toxic can be very beneficial, especially because toxic works very well with Croaks sub stall with black sludge/drain punch, as well as Hariyama's fake out. The reason it is night shade over any other move, is because I want consistent damage on everything. If I would be purely heat wave/grass knot, some things could set up on me which is unwanted. You could opt to go with psychic over night shade, and then grass knot/heat wave over defog, but I would strongly advice against psychic alone, as that allows steelix to beat you.

Last but not least, the monster himself: Slowbro. This is the main physical attackers check, as it beats almost every physical attacker in the tier (with the exception of the huge threat of bulk up braviary), and is also the main check to very bulky set up sweepers, such as mega audino, opposing slowbro, etc. It is the main slowking switch-in as well, as it takes every hit, and won't even be toxiced if its AV. The colbur berry is important, because it allows you to take at least one dark type hit, especially the special ones, such as houndoom's dark pulse if hariyama has died, and proceed to have a good chance to kill it if it has taken rocks damage

(252 SpA Life Orb Houndoom Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Colbur Berry Slowbro: 183-216 (46.5 - 54.9%) -- 62.9% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Slowbro Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Houndoom: 206-246 (70.7 - 84.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)

The toxic on slowbro is extremely important to support the team to beat bulky set up sweepers, as well as the rest of the quite bulky team to toxic stall the opponent. Waterium Z is also an option on slowbro, in order to still take on knock off users such as sneasel quite well, but since it has no calm mind I see little reason to use it over colbur, as colbur helps against all dark type moves (including malicious moonsalt/dark pulse), and not just knock off. (252+ Atk Incineroar Malicious Moonsault vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Colbur Berry Slowbro: 199-235 (50.6 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)

Threatlist:

628.gif
Spedef bulk up Braviary is a big threat to this team, as all it needs is steelix gone or heavily weakened and it can quite easily sweep through the team. Therefore, if this is paired with probopass, it's extremely hard to stop. Make sure to keep steelix as healthy as possible if this thing is on the opposing side, or set up with croak to sweep yourself, as +2 ice punch does 85-100.

229.gif
Even though this team has one of the greatest checks to Houndoom in the entire tier in Hariyama, this 'mon is still a big threat to the team: It outspeeds everything except delphox, which can't even touch it with its moves. All the opponent really needs is to wear down hariyama, and this mon hits the rest of the team with super effective STAB (Considering dry skin, anyway).

479.gif
(Choice scarf) Rotom also deserves a special spot as a threat, as my best switch-in is hariyama, which takes the hit quite well, but the opponent can keep up the pressure and momentum with volt switch, which means hariyama will be worn down over time. This mon is a threat, but delphox does outspeed and revenge kill after a little bit of chip damage, like Hariyamas bullet punch (252 SpA Delphox Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom: 198-234 (82.1 - 97%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)

547.gif
Last, but not least, is the NU monster himself: Whimsicott. Now, delphox switches in on whimsicott quite well, and scares it out with stab. However, if rocks are up, that means that delphox will be worn down quickly, and won't be able to switch in too often. Steelix also doesnt switch in on whim too well, taking over half from life orb energy ball. It does, however, take one life orb moonblast into one life orb energy ball, and proceeds to knock it out with flash cannon. More often then not, my way of killing this thing is surprisngly with hariyama: I go into it after a mon dies, and click fake out into the super effective bullet punch, which puts it in range of nearly every attack. Also the fact that whim tends to switch in on slowbro, therefore wearing itself down quite quickly, is very beneficial.

Some shoutouts: I know I'm forgetting a lot of people, but I wanna shout out my boys Diif and aim for building the (original) team with me, big props to them! Next my boy taranteeeno, who always keeps me motivated to play NU. Last but not least, my boys from the Den Of Thieves, which are too many to name, so I'll just put down a few of them: UltraBallz , Dokkerich, Sealette, imsosorrylol, DenisTheMenace, xxxtentacionn and many more. Y'all are great.

Hope you guys will enjoy the team as much as I am!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)