1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Special Season 1: Alola, Solgaleo and Lunala!

Discussion in 'Cartridge Formats' started by Theorymon, Nov 17, 2016.

1. ApathyandToast

ApathyandToast

what set are you running on that magearna, i'm trying to decide if i should soft reset for modest or quiet
  2. 4lexander3

4lexander3

I would reset for a quite nature if you run it in TR. Furthermore try to reset for 0 Spe IV's to make it as slow as possible.
  3. Theorymon

Theorymon Let's a do the truffle shuffle!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Since we play sat level 50, Magearna can have a bit higher of a speed iv and still be just as slow. You just need a speed stat of 63 and a Quiet nature when you pick up Magearna, and then you are golden ( for bottle cap grinding lol)
    4lexander3 likes this.
  4. Hugito

Hugito

Hey Theorymon, I have a few questions. I wanna use a Trick Room team with Lunala, but I have a Timid one. Is it still useable or is only a Modest/Quiet one viable with this kind of team? What nature is yours? Thanks!
  5. elnimio

elnimio

is it just me or is it super hard to find a battle for this meta?
  6. Theorymon

Theorymon Let's a do the truffle shuffle!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

So now that final exams and Battle of Alola are out of the way, I've updated the viability list! Here are the updates:

-Alolan Muk and Alolan Ninetales added to A rank. They've proven themselves to be fairly common threats that you gotta watch out for!

-Tapu Koko moved up to A, mostly because of Celesteela usage increasing lol

-Hydreigon and Weavile moved down to B. They're still viable, but Alolan Muk has sorta taken over as one of the defacto Lunala checks.

-Blissey added to B. Believe it or not, stall can be effective in this metagame, and Blissey is a major reason why!

-Alomomola and Skarmory added to C, as you sometimes see them on stall (Alomomola mainly due to it checking Solgaleo so well, Skarmory because of the recovery it gets over Celesteela)

-Snorlax added to B, because its one of the few viable bulky Pursuit users in the metagame.

-Gyarados added to B, its a surprisingly effective set up sweeper that sets up on major threats such as Solgaleo.

-Golisopod added to C, some people are using a silly priority based set that can catch Lunala by surprise with Sucker Punch lol.
  7. TheMantyke

TheMantyke what if he kicks the ghost
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]

THE

FUCKING

CHAMP
  8. Vif-Argent

Vif-Argent

It is forbidden to have a supercomputer in place of the brain

Congrats to Theorymon for this place. Don't let Jap players win every ladder :D
    a0161613 likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)