ok i dont really need a poll since there are 3 questions

• yes

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • no

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you like the new rules? Do you like the new point system? Do you think participants should be allowed to watch battles?

I do not care what times any of you like to be completely honest. I added the 12PM time on Sunday in hope of allowing foreingers the opportunity of joining. I am going to be moving all times to 11:59PM on Friday, 8PM on Saturday and 4PM on Sunday like I had originally planned. There just isn't enough participation from foreigners. I'd rather have 32 people playing instead of 16. Sorry.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1) Rules seem the same to me. Except yes, I like the banning of hypnogaymissy.

2) Yes. I haven't played in enough to know how they effect me, though.

3) Yes, spectating should be allowed. However, scouting by participants in the current tour should not.

Justin8649 said:
Do you like the new rules?
Meh, yes
Do you like the new point system?
I guess so
Do you think watching battles should be allowed?
Yes, there is no reason to disallow specs since you can just ignore specs and scouting isn't allowed.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Rules are fine. Point system is fine. Participants should NOT be allowed to watch battles, only people who have lost or people who are not participating.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes.
Yes.
No, because I don't think there's any way to allow people to watch battles but prevent scouting.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
how can you scout? these tournaments are all realistically lasting maybe an hour. (well, the rby and adv). and you're battling like every 5-10 minutes. that's not enough time to enter team builder and create a "counter" team or whatever.

and many times, when you see a pokemon you're gonna know what it's doing half the time, maybe more.

if you disallow spectators, you're basically taking the fun out of it. there are people who like to watch, and the previous losers like to watch.

edit: just reread the questions and the last question only deals with PARTICIPANTS, not just random specs. sorry. well, in that case...it's a close call. i dunno.

lol i scout rby for life...also if i win early i would want to watch another battle with a great battler in it because it could be an awesome battle. it would be a shame to miss especially if it doesn't get turn into a war story...

For the point system, I would have preferred something in the middle. Winning a couple tournaments and not having to battle again is poor, but so is having to battle every single tour.

yes, yes, no

moving the sunday tour back a few hours puts me out of it though, that's the only one that I can make before work :(

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
<3 those times, I can make all 3.

As for the questions:

1) Yes, the rules are perfect
2) I agree with Nate here, before it was bad as you could win 2 and just coast, but now it seems you have to win each week to even keep up. I guess a balance just needs to be found, but overall it is not horribly flawed and doesn't need a major change, maybe just a slight tweak.
3) No, I have been against this forever and scouting really does suck so participants shouldn't be able to see a potential opponents team, especially in advance, where team is everything. TBH rby and even gsc it is ok because you won't lose simply by having your team revealed, but in advanced one team cannot counter everything so someone can watch and identify a weakness and capitalize on it. And I think saying "Scouting is allowed in rby and gsc but not adv" is dumb so just ban all 3 -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)