1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Season 5 Farm League - Week 4

Discussion in 'Smogon Premier League' started by Lady Salamence, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Level100Afroman

Level100Afroman

I won my match due to inactivity. Partner agreed on this.
  2. Aenonar

Aenonar oh na na, what's my name
    is a Pre-Contributor

I've contacted ErzavsErza over the forums 2-3 times, and each time, he said he'd be on somewhere between 4:15 - 9:30 MST, and yet he never showed up... we have yet to play our match, and I'm not sure where to go from here.

EDIT: Upon reading this "activity" thing, if he doesn't show up tomorrow, I'd like to claim an activity win.
  3. Quite Quiet

Quite Quiet

There haven't been any sort of activity wins given out to anyone for this, and I doubt there will be. The people posting activity does it for one reason or another, but in the long run it doesn't matter. I believe the + signs only come if your opponent haven't been active on the forums for a full week (Sunday to Sunday only) and nothing else.
  4. lily

lily

Well my opponent missed our scheduled time to play which is pretty annoying...
  5. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic Turn it up!
    is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I am extremely annoyed at my Farm League Round 4 opponent. He has refused to show up on time, twice, during the week. He vehemently refuses the timings that I generally allow for other players of his timezone, e.g. my previous Farm League opponent ajwf, and instead expects me to play on a whim "hey we're both on lets play now" as and when he likes.

I am of the strong opinion that this is my opponent's fault, as I have already successfully contacted and played my OST opponent Soulwind within 24 hours of the thread being posted, signaling that there is no problem on my part in the activity/scheduling department, and the fault is clearly all on my current opponent for purposely missing our scheduled timings twice and avoiding me, highly possibly on purpose.

As this is a high stakes match, which my opponent wishes to john, I request from Lady Salamence that special arrangements be made. I understand the policy of "no activity wins for 0-0 randoms", but this is no 0-0 and also no random. The activity call should also be clear as I can successfully contact all other opponents e.g. SoulWind but not this one.

EDIT: refuses to show up even 2.5 hours after scheduled timing. I am still online by the way, but this proves my point that this opponent deserves a loss, not an "activity loss" which is worth nothing, but at least a penalty for making my scheduling difficult; I have to wait 2 hours, which is a very generous window, only for him to make absolute zero effort on his part to get anything done whatsoever. Due to my opponent's lack of regard for the Farm League and his opponent's time, I feel that he would deserve inflicted a loss because, anyway, he does not care. And I do.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  6. Sapientia

Sapientia Wenn ich sterbe, dann zumindest für den Puller in der Fotze
    is a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I admitter I got drunk and overslept :[
  7. King

King

beat soul_fly gg
  8. Soul Fly

Soul Fly IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
    is a Contributor to Smogon

lost v/s King. gg man.
  9. Luckstard.

Luckstard.

Never seen my opponent. Never...
  10. Tcherri88

Tcherri88

I know these posts are annoying and don't mean anything but my opponent hasn't been on since last Sunday. Sooooo.... Activity
  11. Jillix

Jillix

I haven't heard back from my opponent since thursday, though he has been active.
  12. Lyconik

Lyconik

Contacted my opponent, but it seems he never show up.
  13. Aenonar

Aenonar oh na na, what's my name
    is a Pre-Contributor

Ah, thank you :)
  14. Erick17

Erick17

My opponents name is bolded even though I won.
  15. Destiny Device

Destiny Device
    is a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

16. -Sparkbeat-

-Sparkbeat-

Won against Corkscrew, gg!
  17. Rowan

Rowan not a professor
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

confirmo, gg
  18. dedawgtubby

dedawgtubby

19. Tangelo

Tangelo

lost to eshenlong

I'll be dropping out.
  20. Little Hulk

Little Hulk

Activity post. I've set out multiple times to play, and he refuses to agree on any, or he just does not reply at all for days thus compromising any playing time for either of us. He's been on multiple times, and every time he sent a message, I immediately replied to which he would then ignore my replay for up to 2 days at a time. Ridiculous, I don't know why you would sign up for this tournament if you can't make time for just 1 Pokemon game a week.
  21. Kojes

Kojes

Won vs fhugwigads, GG.
  22. Ruffian

Ruffian

Didn't read the OP about VM'ing you, whoops. I've decided to drop out of the tournament because I'm too busy irl.
  23. finally

finally i hang with demons on the weekend
    is a Tiering Contributor

won against AuraRayquaza, gg
  24. NeLLY979

NeLLY979

Lost to King, GG
  25. King

King

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)