Seasonal Ladder [July: Fireworks Frenzy]

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome our newest seasonal, [Seasonal] Super Squad Smackdown!

This is a random battle with a pool of Pokémon super hero themed. They are grouped into teams, and every team and team member have a specific niche.

PS: It's Seasonal's third anniversary!

Last edited:

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys,

I've done some games with Totes concerning the new seasonal. I have to say that this seasonal is really funny. A wink to the super heros teams, I had The Avengers once and also the X-men.

Some pokemons can get moves they aren't supposed to learn in this seasonal, it isn't a bug, just a reference to the character they represent. Also some funny references such as shiny Machamp for Hulk, Excadrill for Wolverine etc

Many superheros references such as Teen Titans, Big Hero 6 and others...

In conclusion, a great seasonal with a LOT of references, enjoy it guys !

Petition to make Metagross Prof. X instead of Beheeyem and Dusclops Cyclops instead of Sigilyph.

Is it possible to get the custom sets? After the seasonal will work fine.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Sorry for the shit screen, forgot to take it until trevenant already fainted, but yeah you get AV+support moves. Gardevoir also shows up mega evolved in preview so that it's sent out already mega evolved. Not sure if these are intentional, but they seem like bugs

Are Pokemon not supposed to have abilities? My MegaSceptile was hit with a Volt Switch...

edit: ability read as "lightningrod"

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Seasonal ladders often feature a number of custom changes, and among then you can expect different abilities from time to time. I'm sure it was intentional.

I'm glad to hear there'll be one for january!

In the future, could the seasonals be kept on the server until a new one is ready to replace it? The seasonals are always really fun and it'd be sweet to keep playing it.

The upcoming format is [Seasonal] Polar Opposites and will go live approximately tomorrow!

This Seasonal is a random battle with nothing but Ice-type Pokemon, but it's also an Inverse Battle! This means that almost every Pokemon is now weak to Ice, which is also on almost every Pokemon as a STAB move, making it very chaotic!

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Welcome to yet a new edition of the Seasonal! For March 2016, our seasonal is Dimension Doom!

Commemorating both the last episode of season 2 of Rick and Morty (4th Oct 2015) and the last episode of Gravity Falls (15th Feb 2015), our current seasonal features a dimension collision between the both universes, in which the good guys must align together to fight the bad guys and save the multiverse from collapsing!

Some of the mons have custom moves, detailed here:
Portal Gun (Rick, Evil Rick)
Has a random effect: 66 BP special water move with confusion OR embargo OR forces switch; or it is a 150 bp Fire move, or it is 130 bp Posion move with Toxic status, or it is a 45 bp 3-hit Bug-type move.

Morty Rage (Morty)
Fighting-type, physical, 200bp.

Mind Control (Evil Morty)
Volatile status: confusion, 50 bp Fire-type special attack that lowers your accuracy by 1.

Super Dream Eater (Scary Terry)
Works if you are not asleep. If you are asleep, you receive double damage.

Squanch Up (Squanchy)
+2 Atk +2 Def

Pines Recycle (Dipper)
Gives item back and heals user for 66%.

Grappling Hook (Mabel)
110 bp move that heals user for 66%.

Bill Thunder (Bill Cipher)
Electric, bad accuracy, 200 bp move.

Baseball Bat (Stanley)
135 bp Normal-type physical move with confusion.

Dimensional Sniper (Stanford)
300 bp Normal-type special move that needs to recharge.

Teen Problems (Summer)
90 bp Chatter

PS: I also added Seasonal stats.

Last edited:
When Unity transforms and tries to use someone else's custom move, for example Evil Rick's Portal Gun, it comes out as a normal move in the pokemon games, which would be Water Gun in Evil Rick's case. Is this right?

Joim

Pixels matter
Yes, custom moves can only be used by the true mons (in this seasonal). I think it would make Unity too OP otherwise.

This meta is fun but I have to say it's rather unbalanced (at least in my opinion). The non-evil side is almost ALWAYS the one winning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)