Seasonal Ladder [July: Fireworks Frenzy]

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
&sirDonovan can't use Me First after the taunt!

I actually used "Ladies First", afaik as I know it's a special move, not a status move?
Good job on the Seasonal though :)

Alright ive played Super Staff Bros. enough to realise that this is by far the most fun ive had on a tier yet.There arent to many threats in the Seasonal,the threats that are in the tier can be stopped early if you know what your doing.Other than that the tier seems fairly balanced and is extremely entertaining

&sirDonovan can't use Me First after the taunt!

I actually used "Ladies First", afaik as I know it's a special move, not a status move?
Good job on the Seasonal though :)
Was about to mention this myself.

Also make this permanent please.

Edit:

%uselesstrainer used Ranting!
The opposing Eevee General lost 12% of its health!
The opposing Eevee General lost 13% of its health!
Hit 2 times!

What happenned to Skill Link?

Last edited:

DoW

formally Death on Wings
I like the seasonal and playing it, but for some reason when I click the signature moves, for some reason every aspect is undefined (Power, Type, etc) and it just runs down the timer when I click them. Any idea why? (I refreshed already and it still doesn't work)
This is a problem I was having, I found that I had the problem on Chrome but not on Internet Explorer. Other than that, I don't know what to suggest however.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
i would like to request a special exception to add fireburn to super staff bros

Fireburn (Ho-oh) @ Gengarite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Drought
-Sacred Fire
-Endure
-Shadow Tag Ban
-Reversal

fireburn has drought like the drought in activity before the suspect tests
fireburn has sacred fire like the burning passion he had to change the meta
fireburn has endure like the time wasted enduring the uber suspect tests
fireburn then bans shadow tag
fireburn then has to deal with the ban reversal
fireburn is defensive like how he has to defend himself after the test

shadow tag ban: fireburn traps himself and gives permanent confusion to the opponent.

sent out: "The final results are as follows:
Ban: 30 (52.6%)
Do Not Ban: 27 (47.4%)

With a majority vote of 52.6%, Shadow Tag has been deemed uncompetitive and is now banned from Ubers, effective immediately."

ded: "There have been discrepancies with other community members regarding how things were handled. Shadow Tag will remain unbanned."

On thing I've noticed while playing this immensely fun ladder is that right before the animation of an OKHO happens, the staff member's death message is said before the players know (but of course because of that they do).

I don't know if this is just me, or my browser, but it's helpful and irritating.

This is a problem I was having, I found that I had the problem on Chrome but not on Internet Explorer. Other than that, I don't know what to suggest however.
I am having this problem too, but the only difference is that the timer doesn't run out for me.

Love this seasonal!

I was using Reverb, and I was using the custom move. However, I wasn't getting the healing effect that is listed in the move's description: Reverb - fat monkey - Normal, Physical, 100BP, 95% accuracy. Ignores Protect. Lowers user's defense and special defense by 1. Heals 100 health points. Is this a bug?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I was using Reverb, and I was using the custom move. However, I wasn't getting the healing effect that is listed in the move's description: Reverb - fat monkey - Normal, Physical, 100BP, 95% accuracy. Ignores Protect. Lowers user's defense and special defense by 1. Heals 100 health points. Is this a bug?
Link a replay of this so we can take a look at it. You may also be misinterpreting 100 health points as 100% of damage dealt.

lol, SPOOPY EDGE CUT is ridiculous. A ton of power, off 300+*1.3, boostable Attack, Ghost typing, and, on top of it, >+1 Priority. Yeah, also no real drawback.

lol, SPOOPY EDGE CUT is ridiculous. A ton of power, off 300+*1.3, boostable Attack, Ghost typing, and, on top of it, >+1 Priority. Yeah, also no real drawback.
While that may be true, BiGGiE can survive a Knock Off and an X-Scissor and can 2HKO (iirc) with P Blades.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And takes +2 Tough Claws Gear Grind right in the face. Also, it is very difficult to ko with physical moves, and can take a neutral special one.
Poliwrath avoids the 2hko and can stall out with Softboiled. Doesn't care about SD either because Unaware. Luckily there are several normal types and a couple Unaware mons to combat TA so he's not as OP as he was when the custom was 120 bp

Just wondering, is blooblob supposed to get +2 or higher priority on all of his attacks? I couldn't find any mentions of it in your main post.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/seasonalsuperstaffbros-217831830

Skip to turn 21, I used Okuu's +2 priority move on that turn, and he outsped me with a normal attack and caused me to lose the game. Not sure if this is supposed to happen, so I figured I'd post it here.

Anyways this tier is a lot of fun, thanks for all your hard work Joim !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)