Seasonmons

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Approved by Eevee General
Name: Seasonmons
Main Idea: All Pokemon aquire an ability that is related to weather or a season or a holiday within that season. Pokemon with unreleased abilities weather-related become released (Amaura and Aurorus). Not every Pokemon will get these abilities; however Pokemon who relate to the typing that the ability originates from will get them (ex. Ice Body Frosslass). If any given Pokemon already has 3 abilities, their least-common ability/ies will get taken off and replaced with the new abilities. These abilities are open for discussion for the first bit of this thread being open. This is my first pet mod!
Clauses and Banlist:
  • Clauses
    • Swagger Clause
    • Endless Battle Clause
    • Evasion Clause
    • Sleep Clause
    • Moody Clause
    • OHKO Clause
I am making a clause accustomed to specifically this Pet Mod that restricts from having more than two of the same Pokemon. This means that you can, for example, use two Castform forms (Sunny, Cloudy), but you cannot have all four.
  • Banlist
    • Ubers
    • Gengarite
    • Mawilite
    • Salamencite
    • Kangaskhanite
    • Wonder Guard
    • Prankster
Pokemon with new abilities:
Sunkern
Sunflora
Bellossom
Snover
Serperior
Sawsbuck

Amaura
Aurorus
Snowy Castform
Bergmite
Avalugg
Vanillite
Vanillish
Vanilluxe
Regice
Smoochum
Jynx
Kyurem

Trapinch
Vibrava
Flygon
Landorus
Landorus-Therian
Larvitar
Pupitar
Torterra

Entei
Torkoal
Sunny Castform
Magmortar
Moltres
Numel
Camerupt
Litleo
Pyroar
Houndour
Houndoom
Sunny Cherrim

Horsea
Seadra
Kingdra
Staryu
Starmie
Vaporeon
Suicune
Rainy Castform
Buizel
Floatzel
Phione
Manaphy
Panpour
Simipour
Ludicolo
Skrelp
Dragalge

Tornadus
Honchkrow
Skarmory
Taillow
Swellow
Swablu
Altaria
Staraptor
Rotom-Fan
Vivillon

Umbreon
Purrloin
Liepard
Sableye
Spiritomb

Vullaby
Mandibuzz
Inkay
Malamar
Nuzleaf
Shiftry
Cacturne
Sceptile

Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Cherrim
Leafeon
Pansage
Simisage
Cottonee
Whimsicott
Deerling
Sawsbuck

Mudkip
Marshtomp
Swampert
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Poliwrath
Remoraid
Octillery
Basculin
Clauncher
Clawitzer
Buizel
Floatzel

Typhlosion
Pansear
Simisear
Talonflame
Litleo
Pyroar
Volcarona

Sunkern
Sunflora
Treecko
Grovyle
Sceptile
Cherubi
Cherrim
Snivy
Servine
Serperior
Petilil
Lilligant
Hoppip
Skiploom
Jumpluff
Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavanny

Feebas
Milotic
Luvdisc
Piplup
Prinplup
Empoleon

Ekans
Arbok
Seviper
Skrelp
Dragalge
Clamperl
Huntail
Gorebyss
Phione
Manaphy
Greninja

Forecast (Still regular Castform exclusive)
Oddish
Gloom
Vileploom
Roselia
Roserade
Pumpkaboo
Gourgeist

Froslass
Glalie
Snorunt

All 'Cocoon' Pokemon

Sandshrew
Sandslash
Diglett
Dugtrio
Drilbur
Excadrill
Onix
Steelix
Nincada
Ninjask
Shedinja
Zygarde

Rotom-Frost
Snover
Abomasnow

Delta Stream
Desolate Land } All too overpowered
Primordial Sea
Prankster (Would give moves +2 priority.)

Move changes:
Move changes mean moves that get their priority changed because they relate to a holiday or season.
  • Sandstorm
  • Rain Dance
  • Sunny Day
  • Hail
  • Trick-or-Treat
  • Natural Gift
  • Weather Ball (Little unknown fact, Weather Ball turns rock-type during sandstorms!)
  • Defog (It is meant to clear skies)

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
So you can use every form of castform, correct? I'm just asking due to the fact that Sunny Castform gets drought, etc.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Pikachuun, yes, and you don't need to change the weather to get the different forms. They are all legal. Mr155551, Kyurem will get Snow Warning, but it is going to be suspected as soon as this pet mod comes out.

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
First Discussion: Castform

Discuss what you think about Castform's alternate forms being legal to select from the teambuilder, without needing to use weather to get them!

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
Mr155551, That was what I was planning to do haha, but if the Castform is regular form, it keeps the forecast ability.

Pikachuun, yes, and you don't need to change the weather to get the different forms. They are all legal. Mr155551, Kyurem will get Snow Warning, but it is going to be suspected as soon as this pet mod comes out.
In what way would Snow Warning Kyurem be overpowered? Kyurem really isn't that great to begin with, and unlike Rock-types in Sandstorm, Hail does not grant any boosts to Ice-types.

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
In what way would Snow Warning Kyurem be overpowered? Kyurem really isn't that great to begin with, and unlike Rock-types in Sandstorm, Hail does not grant any boosts to Ice-types.
When did I say it was overpowered? I meant Kyurem + Snow Warning, not Kyurem in general. Way to over predict things.

When did I say it was overpowered? I meant Kyurem + Snow Warning, not Kyurem in general. Way to over predict things.
You said Snow Warning Kyurem would be suspected. That implies you believe the combination of Kyurem + Snow Warning might be overpowered. I fail to see how this would be the case.

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
You know, you need the community to complete your little Pet Mod. If you're going to be like that, I'm sure nobody would want to help you out/keep the thread active. Good luck with that.
I still need the community to help, but trying to argue that a Pokemon isn't over powered before you even know what role it will play in the metagame is stupid. I do see your point though, my attitude was kind of rude, my bad.

Last edited:
I still need the community to help, but trying to argue that a Pokemon isn't over powered before you even know what role it will play in the metagame is stupid.
Trying to argue that a Pokémon is overpowered before you even know what role it will play in the metagame could be said to be even dumber, especially given Kyurem's past role (or lack thereof) in standard play while all this Pet Mod does is give it a slightly better ability to play with. Admittedly, the ability to spam Blizzards for free is quite nice and Kyurem is very happy about it.

252 SpA Kyurem Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 180-213 (52.7 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

That's not bad, especially with Focus Blast, Earth Power, and Flash Cannon as coverage options and Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse as secondary STAB. In fact, the combination of Blizzard/Focus Blast/Earth Power/Flash Cannon gets very good coverage! Problem is its 95 base Speed is subpar and Ice/Dragon is terrible defensively, so you might have to run Timid + Scarf to not die horribly, preventing you from using a +Sp. Atk nature or a Life Orb/Specs.

By the way, I'm talking about Kyurem's normal forme, not Black Kyurem or White Kyurem. Black Kyurem with the ability to spam Blizzard as well as its Outrage and Fusion Bolt would be excessive in my opinion.

Here's another idea: Instead of having Castform's formes all usable separately…:
Forecast: In addition to its original effect, increases the duration of this Pokémon's Weather-inducing moves from 5 turns to 8 turns.
Castform-Snowy's ability: Ice Body
Castform-Sunny's ability: Solar Power
Castform-Rainy's ability: Rain Dish (or maybe Swift Swim or Hydration)
It still switches back to its original forme when it switches out, but since its alternate formes don't have Forecast they don't change back when the weather ends.

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
FlameUser64, I like that, but since I've already almost completed the code at the moment, I will add those suggestions in the next coding phase, also, White Kyurem is banned c:

FlameUser64, I like that, but since I've already almost completed the code at the moment, I will add those suggestions in the next coding phase, also, White Kyurem is banned c:
I'm well aware that White Kyurem is banned, which is why I specifically mentioned Black Kyurem spamming Blizzard along with its Outrage and Fusion Bolt as being excessive.

Wow, a little hostility already. .__.

I still don't think Castform is super usable with those pitiful base stats. Maybe buff him to 95 or 100 across the board?

Since the goal of this metagame is to "give Pokemon season/holiday-related abilities" and not "make Pokemon viable", you shouldn't be messing around with base stats due to usability reasons. This goes for Shedinja as well. Pet Mods refer to OMs that don't make universal changes, not OMs that you can do whatever you want in. This is something that has been enforced before, in case you don't believe me.

Last edited:
Since the goal of this metagame is to give Pokemon season/holiday-related abilities and not make Pokemon viable, you shouldn't be messing around with base stats due to usability reasons. This goes for Shedinja as well. Pet Mods refer to OMs that don't make universal changes, not OMs that you can do whatever you want in. This is something that has been enforced before, in case you don't believe me.
Unless, of course, the stated goal of the OM is to make everything viable through some method or other. Or the stated goal of the OM was to give Pokémon season/holiday-related abilities and ensure that those season/holiday-themed Pokémon are actually worth using.

Unless, of course, the stated goal of the OM is to make everything viable through some method or other. Or the stated goal of the OM was to give Pokémon season/holiday-related abilities and ensure that those season/holiday-themed Pokémon are actually worth using.
Which it's not, so I'm not sure why you brought it up.

The To-do list that wasn't there to begin with, which is my entire point. Buffing Mons was not something that was in the OM when it was approved, which means you can't do it without getting a separate approval. But since I'm sure nobody likes us arguing in the thread, I'll just call Eevee General and let him make an appropriate judgment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)