Seattle Warstory - Parasect's Day on Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Great story, but who is the guy in the grey shirt and glasses? Does he have an account here? He totally kicked my ass in the second round on Saturday.
The guys in the grey shirts are brothers, Huy and Duy. They both made it past round 2, so it could have been either of them!

Awesome warstory. I'm glad someone did pretty well not just with good Pokemon, but one they like (unless you hate Parasect, but used him anyways).

I'm inspired to run Ursaring because he's been my favorite Pokemon since I was a kid.

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Parasect was never really a favourite of mine, but once I realized that there was no Sleep Clause, I tried to figure out a way to abuse it. People talk about Dark Void Smeargle a lot, but Smeargle can't really attack and Dark Void doesn't have perfect accuracy. Parasect can do good damage so he isn't useless once the sleep has been doled out.

That said, I do get a kick out of finding something that is both unexpected and effective.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
moltres can't do jack to Palkia before it gets OHKO'd from Surf and Dialga's going to take neutral or NVE hits from it.

Ho-Oh, on the other hand, could destroy this.

in any case I like that you used something nobody else did (until now) and it was pretty successful. sounds like you had fun & you didn't lose r1 so it must've been good.

I just rewatched that battle on my Vs Recorder, Toxicroak had 4HP left O.o

It was a good battle though and my toughest for sure overall, though in the end it was TR on palkia that got me xD

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

It was a good battle though and my toughest for sure overall, though in the end it was TR on palkia that got me xD
Wait, so you did have it on your VS Recorder? Can you get that recorded and uploaded or something? That seems like a great battle that needs to be archived. You can also not make it public after the rest of your events are over if you're attending more. Just don't delete it!

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken

Yeah, I agree with Firestorm. I didn't think you got the video, but I'd love to see it again! If for no other reason than to confirm the exact moves that went down since I wasn't 100% clear on things.

Wait, so you did have it on your VS Recorder? Can you get that recorded and uploaded or something? That seems like a great battle that needs to be archived. You can also not make it public after the rest of your events are over if you're attending more. Just don't delete it!
Sure, I will upload it to wi-fi now as I am not attending any other events, one second.

I sent it to wifi, the Video No.: 69-36127-40080 I might be able to get it on youtube later on in the week when I have the time but my recording equipment is less than amazing.

Epic battle. I would the same as you I would never expect Palkia to use Trick room, I didn't know Palkia knows Trick room. Sucks man you really had great leads

^ Yeah unfortunately a lot of people seem to be unaware. XD My first time against a TR Palkia I lost too, so don't feel too bad about it. I think any TR that catches someone by surprise will cost them a loss.

Epic battle. I would the same as you I would never expect Palkia to use Trick room, I didn't know Palkia knows Trick room. Sucks man you really had great leads
Yeah, I like how they work together really well, though I should have been more conservative in my play and taunted, if I had I have a feeling the match would have turned out much different. But, as numerous other warstories have made clear in VGC one mistake can cost you the game.

I think it was me that defeated you Gidget.
Yeah!! Your trainer name was Bianca, too, right? This was my first tournament. I threw my team together an hour before the match cause I didn't know what I was doing. Seeing your strategy really helped me out with what I could do in competitive battle. Thanks. :)

Hey, I saw the video on the GTS this morning and recognised it from the warstory right away. Uninstructed I have to say you completely dominated on that first turn. It was just the ganging up on Parasect that really screwed you over. Great battle either way though, and it's lovely to see Parasect being used in VGC again. The only other Parasect user I'm aware of is my brother who got top 32 at London last year with it, Scizor, Bronzong and Lickilicky. Srsly.

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
Yeah, I like how they work together really well, though I should have been more conservative in my play and taunted, if I had I have a feeling the match would have turned out much different. But, as numerous other warstories have made clear in VGC one mistake can cost you the game.
I agree, if you had treated my second pair the exact same as the first, then you would've won in short order. I was lucky that you didn't realize the second pair worked the same way as the first.

Ah yeah, it's great to watch that battle again. I definitely messed up a few of the details in the war story, but I don't really feel like changing it lol.

There was that turn where you had: foe's palkia asleep, toxicroak at a sliver, and your parasect and palkia out. And TR was up.

You ended up subbing and finishing croak with a dragon pulse.

You should have just dragon pulsed to finish his palkia and seed bombed to finish the toxicroak. You would have been staring his final poke down with palkia at 3/4 and parasect at full. This would have a been far better, and you wouldn't have had to risk both palkia and ogre waking up and finishing parasect off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)