I'd like to get my gen II UU team rated. It is as follows:

Furret @Mint Berry
Role: Physical Sweeper
-Return
-Shadow Ball
-Rest
-Curse

Strategy:
Curse until low on health, use Rest, wake up with Mint Berry and sweep with STAB Return or Shadow Ball.

Donphan @Mint Berry
Role: Phazer/Spinner
-Earthquake
-Roar
-Rapid Spin
-Rest

Strategy:
Phaze with Roar, Rapid Spin on Spikes/Leech Seed, Earthquake using STAB and that nice attack, Rest when low on heath. Roar like there's no tomorrow when Spikes are set up, but don't let that health fall too low.

Hypno @BrightPowder
Role: Supporter
-Thunder Wave
-Psychic
-Light Screen
-Reflect

Strategy:
Thunder Wave on the switch ins, use Light Screen/Reflect depending on the Pokémon and attack with STAB Psychic using that nice Special Attack.

Jumpluff @Leftovers
Role: Status Supporter
-Sleep Powder
-Stun Spore
-Leech Seed
-Encore

Strategy:
Put the opponent to sleep, or paralyse them, watch for RestTalkers. Then set up Leech Seed. Switch into Earthquake and Encore. Then laugh as you set up Leech Seed and Status them, without taking damage. If they switch, just Sleep them using Jumpluff's speed.

Qwilfish @Leftovers
Role: Spiker
-Spikes
-Hydro Pump
-Sludge Bomb
-Haze

Strategy:
Set up Spikes and attack with Hydro Pump/Sludge Bomb. Haze any Cursers. Don't hang around for long, switch to Donphan. An In and Out Pokémon.

Lanturn @Leftovers
Role: Special Sweeper
-Thunder
-Surf
-Rain Dance
-Confuse Ray

Strategy:
Confuse Ray, Rain Dance, then attack with STAB 100% accurate Thunder and 50% more powerful Surf.

Lead with Qwilfish.
Use Spikes then switch to Donphan, unless opponent's lead is weak to Poison, if so, use Sludge Bomb and hope for that 30% Poison. Donphan use Roar for extra Spikes' damage. Rest when low on health, and Earthquake whenever needed. If Flying-type is sent out switch to Lanturn. Use Jumpluff and Hypno to support and stall with status conditions. Set up Furret or Lanturn, depending on the Pokémon being faced, then sweep.

This is my first competitive team, so I'm sure that it has some huge flaws.

Notes:
If you hadn't already guessed by my name, Furret is my favourite Pokémon. Don't bother telling me that it sucks, because I know it does. It's just in there because it's awesome.

Thanks, let me know if there's any extra information that you need.

You don't have an efficient counter to a good grass type like meganium or a good dragon type like dragonite which will rip your team apart. I would suggest removing qwilfish and adding forretress for your spinner/spiker as it would take away some of the weakness to grass. You also lack a good sweeper so I would replace donphan with Dragonite since you have forretress as your spinner.

Dragonite@leftovers
Ice beam
Thunder
Dynamic punch
Body slam

Standard attack dragonite, it will take away your weakness to meganium with ice beam, threaten ice types with dynamic punch if it hits and covers threatening water types with thunder.

Forretress@leftovers
Spikes
Hidden Power [bug]
Rapid Spin
Toxic

Forretress has a very high def so switching him in to get rid of spikes won't be a problem like qwilfish, and has only one weakness. With hidden power it will keep starmie away and toxic to give a parting gift before you switch to dragonite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)