Secret Santa Year 2 Final Round [Won by JabbaTheGriffin with Team Lawman]

Status
Not open for further replies.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
No real deadline, but get it done soon, and if you guys can plan a time so I and any other interested people can watch that would be great. I'm glad there were no real big hiccups during the tournament and my time hosting a tournament went pretty well and I have all the participants to thank. Look forward to Year 3 of the Secret Santa tournament later this year. And to finish off this year's tournament I would like to give out a few awards to the participants.

Biggest Complainer: MoP; he constantly bashed his team (made by SePh) and was on a mission to prove it was worthless, he managed to get pretty far with it however. His complaining was more centered around the style of the team (as are a vast majority of complaints) and his team was a huge departure from what MoP normally plays with.

Most Unique Team: aamto; I questioned his team at first but I decided to let it slide and Mystica managed to get quite far with it and even complemented it on its uniqueness. Though it was eventually defeated (through inactivity) it proved you don't need the most standard Pokemon or movesets to win, just an open minded user.

Final Round:
JabbatheGriffin vs CaptKirby

Team Lawman vs Team Brawlex

I will post all the assignments later, so everyone can sort of guess who they think they got and to check if they were right or wrong.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

Our hopes and dreams lie with you, Jabba.

EDIT: Someone has to go against the grain and predict an upset!

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Our hopes and dreams lie with you, Jabba.

EDIT: Someone has to go against the grain and predict an upset!
upset? you're the only one that didn't predict an upset in my opinion!

and i can't believe how close i came to playing my own team in the finals. but have no fear Jabba, i will avenge your team!

Hah Brawlex, I understand why you were angry when I revealed a little bit too much in my post back in round two. Anyways, go CK!

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
me and captkirby have to battle now due to schedule differences, sorry we couldn't schedule a match for people to watch, but if we let it go past today chances are it would take a while to get done, so if you're not busy watch now peoples!

it's over and i just got the least deserved win ever. i played horribly and then had the most insane luck i've ever had. dark pulse ch + 2 stalk calm minds = dead suicune. sorry capt :(

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
oh yeah i forgot the dragonite part, goddamn i bet if i calculated the percentage of me winning that battle it'd be less than 0.1%

it wouldn't have had to come down to that if Lawman didn't have aerial ace instead of ice fang on Gliscor. seriously the guy had no ddmence, ddnite or scarfchomp counter unless you count gyro ball zong with a lum berry.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
The assignments:

User - Team
1 3n3my thebm
2 aamto husk
3 ace777 mop
4 bluekirby ripchord
5 brawlex firestorm
6 captkirby brawlex
7 [.darkie] sonuis
8 fishin thelexx
9 firestorm strangerdanger
10 goborage wer
11 great sage gigapunch
12 husk slickee
13 jabbathegriffin lawman
14 judgement fishin
15 lawman captkirby
16 maniaclyrasist jackal
17 mop seph
18 ripchord mystica
19 seph jabbathegriffin
20 slickee tsurukawa
21 sonuis maniaclyrasist
22 strangerdanger darkie
23 thebm calciphoce
24 thelexx gmax
25 tsurukawa goborage
26 gmax earthworm
27 calciphoce judgement
28 giga punch 3n3my
29 ae sakura batpig
30 mystica aamto
31 jackal great sage
32 batpig ace777
sub: WER bluekirby
sub: Earthworm ae sakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)