Seeded ORAS OU Tournament - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to the (to the best of my knowledge) first seeded ORAS OU tournament! This will be a tournament featuring...
  • Standard ORAS OU ruleset
  • Single Elimination
  • Best of Three sets
  • 128 entrants maximum, rest will be put up as substitutes

The one quirk of this tournament is that we will seed our entrants using a process similar to the one used in the NU tour.

From SSB Wiki:
Seeding is the act of arranging players in a tournament bracket, usually to equalize both or all sides of the bracket in terms of skill, and so that the best players do not face each other until later rounds. Seeding is used so that players will usually receive placements proportionate to their skill levels.
The #1 seed will be put against the #128 seed, the #2 seed against the #127 seed, and so on. For round 2, assuming that the higher seed won in all Round 1 games, the #1 seed will play against the #64 seed, seed #2 will play vs. seed #63, and so forth.
The bracket is set from the start, so should a player with a lower seed than his opponent win, he'll go on as if he were the higher seed. For example, if the #128 seed wins over the #1 seed in round 1, the #128 seed will then face the winner between seeds #64 and #65.

The seeding will be done manually by a panel of TDK, Finchinator, CZ., Genesis7, jacob, Tokyo Tom, d0nut and Reymedy. These players are well versed in the ORAS OU scene and have kindly agreed to help me out. Together, they will seed the signups perceived on skill level, taking into account how skilled they perceive each individual to be. These seeds will then be used to form the bracket.

The tournament itself is using standard the ORAS OU ruleset. All eventual tier changes will take place during the round after the tier change occured.

---

Pairings (and a complete bracket) can be found here:
http://challonge.com/seededoutour

Here's the pairings in written out form as well:

FLCL vs. Chill Shadow
c0mp vs. Dundies
Snowy. vs. Joshz
Cranham vs. Erz
Ary vs. RickyGao
teal6 vs. Eternal Spirit
Mimolette vs. Moonclawz
Conquer Phoenix vs. Teclis
Baxstenias vs. 1 True Lycan
Omfuga vs. Foggi
BerserCar vs. SunnyORAS
Arifeen vs. Zephir
BKC vs. NotFalse
Vinc2612 vs. antemortem
clius vs. qwily
Get this Money vs. iGlack
henry vs. RedMaxx
Obliviate vs. Gotham Paladin
White Lion18 vs. davidTheMaster
Weegah vs. Srn
Genesis7 vs. Chakra
Confluxx vs. D!fficult
Level 56 vs. Croven

You may play matchups for round 3 during this round as well.

The deadline for round 2 is 23:59 GMT+2, Sunday June 19, 2016.

Best of luck to all the competitors!

Last edited:

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
a note for this round: ive been lazy so only the challonge page is updated, but you can trust that ive not forgotten to report there

also i will be hosting the smash event at dreamhack summer this weekend, so if i miss to report the games from here on out, and if i post round 3 a bit late, fret not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)