1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Seek and Destroy - An OU Warstory by reyscarface and Syl

Discussion in 'Warstory Archive' started by reyscarface, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Towelie

Towelie

lol at super naive
  2. Jio

Jio Give me what I need!

Great Warstory, really liked that sneaky "GG"
  3. remlabmez

remlabmez @dacopboss
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

my thoughts exactly, was a pretty good read though i'm not really intrigued by gimmick play
  4. Ballad

Ballad

Beautiful warstory, intense battle. Additional props for using a Metallica song from before they began sucking.
  5. Destiny Warrior

Destiny Warrior also known as Darkwing_Duck
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Brilliant warstory rey, I like reading commentary from both sides. And that explosion iproblem which will be fixed in Shddy battle 2 is what I'm looking forward to. Now, I don't need to woory about Blissey going down to and losing to M-Zone's Explosion.
  6. joshe

joshe the best

This was a pretty good warstory between the both of you. You both had very good comments and the battle was above average. There were only a few mistakes and some missed opportunities but nothing's perfect.

looking forward to reading the next one in the future ^__^
  7. akarias

akarias

And this, my friends, is why people should use raikou over jolt, especially for life orb versions :) Not only does it guarantee the KO on sally but it can survive scizor's BP pretty well

That said great warstory, both sides were really fun to read, and the offensive pace of the match made it super intense, as well as the looming threat of salamence.
  8. Zero_X54321

Zero_X54321

This is one of the most amazing warstories I have read, I feel that it's a shame that i wasn't online to miss this fight, and hope that one day, i can get a good warstory published like this one. Good job to both teams, for running what you want, and for fighting valiantly until the end.
  9. Heist

Heist
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

Nice battle 9/10

I really liked how you both were trying different sets.

[Well Syl mostly]
  10. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

I already mentioned this to Rey on IRC, but I'll post here as well for Syl --- Great warstory guys! I loved the commentary, it really showed the long-term thinking going on. I also like how this battle showed how to use unorthodox sets (Syl) and how to react when unorthodox sets throw you off guard (Rey).

I always enjoy Rey's warstories (congrats on the Best Warstory Award, you deserved it), and I hope to see more from Syl!
  11. Delko

Delko was a tab-made man
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

Very nice read indeed ^^
  12. syrim

syrim 1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1

Great warstory!
    I was interested when i saw the salamence right in front but of course it makes sense when any battle plays out that way.
    (but no, he's not uber)
  13. CaeX

CaeX

I enjoyed the warstory, but I would say that Scarf Azelf messed up Syl here. But I guess thats what happens when you decide to be creative :)
  14. -Marcel-

-Marcel-

Nice read ^_^

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)