Seek and Destroy - An OU Warstory by reyscarface and Syl

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
What I don't get is why Syl used Agility when the game was already his. If he EQd Rey had to bring in Mence or die. Mence can't really deal with Gliscor, as if it's MixMence it loses 10% to Life Orb, same procedure with DDMence, who can't Roost up against Life Orb'ed Ice Fangs. 10% would have been enough for Jolteon. But I dont wanna appear nitpicky :x Generally it was a great battle and a really enjoyable read, thanks guys ^_~
my thoughts exactly, was a pretty good read though i'm not really intrigued by gimmick play

Beautiful warstory, intense battle. Additional props for using a Metallica song from before they began sucking.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Brilliant warstory rey, I like reading commentary from both sides. And that explosion iproblem which will be fixed in Shddy battle 2 is what I'm looking forward to. Now, I don't need to woory about Blissey going down to and losing to M-Zone's Explosion.

joshe

the best
This was a pretty good warstory between the both of you. You both had very good comments and the battle was above average. There were only a few mistakes and some missed opportunities but nothing's perfect.

looking forward to reading the next one in the future ^__^

And this, my friends, is why people should use raikou over jolt, especially for life orb versions :) Not only does it guarantee the KO on sally but it can survive scizor's BP pretty well

That said great warstory, both sides were really fun to read, and the offensive pace of the match made it super intense, as well as the looming threat of salamence.

This is one of the most amazing warstories I have read, I feel that it's a shame that i wasn't online to miss this fight, and hope that one day, i can get a good warstory published like this one. Good job to both teams, for running what you want, and for fighting valiantly until the end.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I already mentioned this to Rey on IRC, but I'll post here as well for Syl --- Great warstory guys! I loved the commentary, it really showed the long-term thinking going on. I also like how this battle showed how to use unorthodox sets (Syl) and how to react when unorthodox sets throw you off guard (Rey).

I always enjoy Rey's warstories (congrats on the Best Warstory Award, you deserved it), and I hope to see more from Syl!

syrim

1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1
Great warstory!
I was interested when i saw the salamence right in front but of course it makes sense when any battle plays out that way.
(but no, he's not uber)

I enjoyed the warstory, but I would say that Scarf Azelf messed up Syl here. But I guess thats what happens when you decide to be creative :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)