1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Segregation of Generation V Forums

Discussion in 'Inside Poop - April Fool's Day 2011' started by Firestorm, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

After four generations, I really think the time has come for us to stop keeping the two games together. The differences are more apparent than ever this generation and the last thing we need is White players and Black players rioting due to their incompatibility. The Black culture is very violent with the strong presence of Black City's strong trainers and emphasis on using money gained via fights to purchase rare items. I fear for the timid White players who are more used to capturing pets as prized trophies and having treasure hunts for sport in White Forest.

I vote we have two boards that are separate, but equal in resources. Keep an eye on those who post in Black City though.
  2. Bad Ass

Bad Ass there are other worlds that they have not told you of
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a GS2 Winner

100% agree. This should have been the precedent for a long time now. Black players do NOT need to talk to White players; I would go as far as to split Smogon into bl.smogon.con and wh.smogon.com.
  3. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

4. Alakapimp

Alakapimp All washed up
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

We just need "a black forum" and "a white forum".
  5. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

are the two forums really going to be equal in resources? we've seen this happen before...it sounds like a perfect solution on paper, but one half ends up getting the short end of the stick.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)