1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Semi-uber tournaments

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by arceusfanatic, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arceusfanatic

arceusfanatic

<font size="2" face="Times">Semi-Uber Tournament Rules</font>

Table of Contents

Introduction.
    Section 1. What is semi-uber?[/FONT]
    FONT=Times New Roman Section 2. What clauses should I use?[/FONT]
    FONT=Times New Roman Section 3. What is considered cheating?[/FONT]
    FONT=Times New Roman Section 4. What is good etiquette in these tournaments?[/FONT]
    FONT=Times New Roman Section 5. Details on the Final Challenge[/FONT]
    FONT=Times New Roman Section 6. Is usage of bad language allowed?[/FONT]
    FONT=Times New Roman Section 7. Why don’t you use CAP poke’mon?[/FONT]
    FONT/=Times New Roman Section 8. Can I hold these tournaments?[/FONT]
    FONT=/Times New Roman Section 9. Hey, where’s your scoreboard?[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman/]INTRODUCTION. Hi, this is arceusfanatic, my Smogon name, and welcome to semi-uber tournaments. My name on Shoddy Battle is arceusfanatic. on Doug’s {that’s right, arceusfanatic, and then a period at the end} and BIGarceusFAN2 on the official server. I have organized the sections in order of descending importance, although you should read them all. If you have any comments (such as “You made a spelling mistake here” or “This poke’mon is sometimes considered an uber, but you don’t have it on your list”) don’t hesitate to contact me at arceusfanatic@yahoo.com. However, spam like “Garchomp is sometimes considered an uber” or “Latios shouldn’t be allowed with Mewtwo banned” is not appreciated.[/FONT]

Usually I am on much of the time between 4 and 6 NY time. I will try to post info when I am going on a trip. If you see me on feel free to PM me about whether I will start a tournament.

SECTION 1. What is semi-uber?

In a sentence, semi-uber is every poke’mon that I believe should be OU but instead is put into the OU category. The banned poke’mon are:

Arceus
    Palkia
    Dialga
    Giratina
    Darkrai
    Deoxys (ALL FORMS FOR NOW, EXCEPT SPEED)
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Rayquaza
    Mewtwo
    Ho-oh
    Lugia
    That means that the following poke’mon, which are sometimes considered ubers, are allowed:

Mew
    Celebi
    Jirachi
    Wobuffet
    Shaymin
    Latios
    Latias
    Manaphy
    Phione

SECTION 2. What clauses should I use?

Use Timed, Sleep, Evasion, Species, and Item Clauses. I am not sure whether any of the poke’mon I have permitted for usage fall under the category of Extended Clause or not. Let me know via private message if any of the poke’mon are under the Extended Clause, and I will adequately modify my post and notify everyone else.

SECTION 3. What is considered cheating?

There are two forms of cheating. The first type is using a poke’mon that is in the first list of section 1. Upon doing this, you will be disqualified from the tournament immediately. If you are the victim of such cheating and I do not notice, let me know via PM ASAP. DO NOT use any moves; just wait for me to respond. The second type of cheating is watching other people’s battles. In doing so, you are cheating because you can find out other people’s teams. If I see you, I will give you a warning, and if you continue to be there, I will disqualify you from the tournament. If you have lost your battle, then you can go ahead and watch; you have as much right as anyone else to watch.

SECTION 4. What is good etiquette in these tournaments?

If you have to leave, try to finish your battle and then forfeit. It is better if you do this because I can immediately start looking for a substitute rather than waiting several minutes. If you must go in the middle of a battle, post “I have to go” or “igtg” in the battle chat before you leave.
    With regard to PMs, please be attentive. If you enter my tournament staring at 5:00, it might be a good idea to check your PMs at 5:00 or a little before. Please try to start your battle promptly. If you are having trouble getting started, let me know.

SECTION 5. Details on the Final Challenge.

Since I will have to oversee all the battles, I will not be able to avoid seeing at least parts of your team, so it may or may not be a good idea to switch teams. I will not use CAP poke’mon in the final challenge (see section 7). There is nothing wrong with using CAP poke’mon according to the rules nor anything I can do about it, but it would be nice if you would not use them on the Final challenge.

If you leave or do not answer regarding the final challenge, I will count it as a “decline.” If you do not want to participate, it is preferred that you say “I decline.”

SECTION 6. Is the usage of bad language allowed?

Use whatever language you dare, but if your opponent objects, beware. Anything beyond ‘hell’ and ‘damn’ will get you a warning and then an ejection if your opponent objects. Direct insults will get you disqualified on one offense. These include “fuck you.” In case you haven’t figured it out yet, I object to this kind of language and will warn and eject you as above in the final challenge if you use it with me.

SECTION 7. Why don’t you use CAP poke’mon?

1) I think Scylant is broken. Its speed is base 120 coupled with a base 120 attack and 120 Special attack, and they ban it from OU even though Latios has a lower speed and obviously falls to it. This is my opinion, and if you don’t like it, hey, you asked.
    2) I don’t use Revakanth for the same reason that I don’t use Kangaskan or Spiritomb.
    3) I don’t use Pyroak for the same reason that I don’t use Kangaskan or Spiritomb.

SECTION 8. Can I hold these tournaments?

If you are a veteran TO or a moderator that is a TO, then yes. If you are just a registered TO, we’ll have to discuss it. E-mail me. Of course, anyone can use the idea, but it won’t appear on the scoreboard. If you are a veteran TO or a moderator and you hold one that you want to appear on the scoreboard, give me the number of players, final challenge won/lost/declined, and winner of tournament via e-mail or Smogon PMs.

SECTION 9. Hey, where’s your scoreboard?

Right here, of course. Oops! There are no tournaments posted yet! Come back later. [/FONT]

Thank you "Lawman"
  2. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

fix font tags please.
    Then I will read and comment.
  3. sbc

sbc

what? Are you arranging a new type of MT or something?
  4. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

Interesting concept, but Mew is broken because it can do anything and everything. Think Celebi without the Ice/Fire weakness. Wobbuffet was recently voted OU by Smogon. The Latis were found to be broken with or without Soul Dew, because then you can run Choice sets or Leftovers and deal tons of damage. Manaphy can Tail Glow/Heart Swap, so thats not going to work. Phione is UU already. Jirachi/Celebi have always been OU. Fix the font tags or nobody will take you seriously. Swearing is allowed on the CAP server, so MT's automatically allow it. Sylant's stats are 70/116/70/114/64/121 so before you call it broken, know that Tyranitar, Tentacruel, Heatran, and some Togekiss shut it down. Revenankh is easily countered by Togekiss/Zapdos/Staraptor/Gyarados/Dragons. Pyroak is countered by Togekiss/Tyranitar/Tentacruel/Gyarados/Dragons. See the trend? If you want to make a MT on the Create-A-Pokemon server, you must allow Created Pokemon. Last but not least, Eric the Espeon is the one who has a scoreboard, and runs this. If this is to be a MT form, all info needs to go to him and be approved by him. On a personal note, i dislike this intensely and believe it to be a waste of time.
  5. Lawman

Lawman

According to your post, Lugia and Ho-oh are not banned X_x
  6. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

But they're not unbanned either. So are they in Limbo or what? Also, Deoxys-Speed is OU.
  7. dragonsyth1

dragonsyth1

fix all the font things eww
  8. Instinctive

Instinctive

eww font tags...its not hard to fix them!
  9. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

yeah fuck this
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)