1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Server instability

Discussion in 'Pokemon Online' started by Antar, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antar

Antar Self-anointed Czar of LC UU
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

I'm aware that the server has been going up and down all morning. There are a few things that might be responsible, but I'm afk this morning (typing this message from my phone), so I probably won't be able to fix it until this afternoon/evening.

I'll try to bring it back up whenever I see that it's gone down.

Sorry, folks.
  2. Aurora

Aurora HRT
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

brilliant...
    i think it's your internet, we've had about 6 downages since you accidentally crashed the server by loading scripts
    heaven knows what it is though
  3. Antar

is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

To be clear, this is (probably) not skarmpiss. This is one of two or three things that *I* did.

I'll let you know for sure tonight.
  4. Aurora

Aurora HRT
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

wonderful
    we've been stable for about 9 minutes now; usually it crashed after 5 or 6
    i'll just wait till later
  5. Antar

Official Data Miner

Okay: if what I suspect was wrong was what was actually wrong, it's now fixed.

Do PM me if the server goes back down (but, like, post here that you've PMmed me so I don't get 100 PMs).
  6. Antar

Official Data Miner

Server is down until I can roll back some code changes this afternoon/evening.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
  7. Antar

Official Data Miner

So pretty sure I was able to identify what went wrong (server's been up for a few hours now). It was something in some new scripts that hadn't been properly tested. I still can't believe that something like that in the scripts could have caused the server to crash.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)