1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Server instability

Discussion in 'Pokemon Online' started by Antar, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antar

Antar
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

I'm aware that the server has been going up and down all morning. There are a few things that might be responsible, but I'm afk this morning (typing this message from my phone), so I probably won't be able to fix it until this afternoon/evening.

I'll try to bring it back up whenever I see that it's gone down.

Sorry, folks.
  2. Aurora

Aurora If the spelling was P-E-T-E-R...
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

brilliant...
    i think it's your internet, we've had about 6 downages since you accidentally crashed the server by loading scripts
    heaven knows what it is though
  3. Antar

Antar
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

To be clear, this is (probably) not skarmpiss. This is one of two or three things that *I* did.

I'll let you know for sure tonight.
  4. Aurora

Aurora If the spelling was P-E-T-E-R...
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

wonderful
    we've been stable for about 9 minutes now; usually it crashed after 5 or 6
    i'll just wait till later
  5. Antar

Antar
    Official Data Miner

Okay: if what I suspect was wrong was what was actually wrong, it's now fixed.

Do PM me if the server goes back down (but, like, post here that you've PMmed me so I don't get 100 PMs).
  6. Antar

Antar
    Official Data Miner

Server is down until I can roll back some code changes this afternoon/evening.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
  7. Antar

Antar
    Official Data Miner

So pretty sure I was able to identify what went wrong (server's been up for a few hours now). It was something in some new scripts that hadn't been properly tested. I still can't believe that something like that in the scripts could have caused the server to crash.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)