Servine [QC:0/3]

Overview
########

-Threatening Sweeper thanks to its ability,Contrary
-Makes very good use of the eviolite and can take some hits even with investment.
-Has synthesis for recover, and giga drain is a way of maintaining offensive presence while staying on the battlefield.
-Moderate speed with no opportunities to boost it,however it outspeeds mons like fraxure, stoutland, zweilous, and gabite by one point.
-Special Attack is terrible to start with, has way less opportunities to boost because of its sub par speed.
-Many of its checks and counters are running around seen on almost every team
-Glare allows it to patch up its sub par speed and makes leaf storm boosting much easier.
-Lots of water types in the tier, like Barbaricle,Caracosta,Kingler,and Bibarel Servine can handle them well.

# # # # # # # #
Contrary Sweeper
# # # # # # # # #
Move 1:Leaf Storm
Move 2:Hidden Power [Ice]
Move 3:Glare
Move 4:Giga Drain/Synthesis
Ability:Contrary
Item: Eviolite
Ev’s: 4 HP /252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature:Timid

Moves
========
-Leaf Storm is a great high power boosting move that is easily spammable
-Glare is really nice to cripple a fast sweeper threat and gives you an opportunity to heal with giga drain or finish off with leaf storm
-Giga Drain is a reliable healing option it provides a stable recovery move while hurting your opponent. However Synthisis is a better option Earlier in the game and helps when servine is finding trouble boosting.
-Hidden Power Fire/Ice is to hit other common grass types like roselia,Jumpluff and Torterra while also threatening togetic.

Set Details
========
-Eviolite helps it take some hits from common pokemon and it partners very well with synthesis.
-Obvious Contrary is obvious, contrary allows it to reverse the what would be minus 2 special attack drop.
-Timid is the chosen nature for most sets as helps servine outspeed some slower pokemon and some uninvested faster pokemon.
-252 speed allows it to outspeed non-boosted barbaracle and ohko it with giga drain or leaf storm
-252 ev’s are in Spa. Atk for power output, and the rest is put into hp for alright bulk.

Usage Tips
-Try to eliminate or severely weaken some of the main counters to servine before setting up.This allow it to sweep teams effectively and avoid switching in on them at all costs
- Take advantage of its natural bulk. This allows it to take some hits very well and force switches as well as effectively getting to with the +2 with the 130 power nasty plot that is leaf storm. You can also get a quick +2 with leaf storm and Glare on predicted switchins.
-Glare really cripples pokemon that Servine usually wouldn't be able to touch and being able to use this well can really help get rid of otherwise threatening pokemon.
Team Options
========
-Poliwrath helps with getting pesky ninetails out of the way as well as some other threats, and is also a great knock off plus ice switchin.
-Piloswine is a good option for getting up rocks for late game sweeping as well as keeping out fire types that stop Servine. One of servines biggest counters is zebstrika, and Piloswine hard walls it. Servine also switches into water types that like to switch into Piloswine with it’s natural bulk plus eviolite.
-Pawniard is a good partner as well as a great pokemon in pu. It switches into most of roselia’s (the best counter to servine) attacks barring hp fire and sleep powder, and also takes on dragon types.
-Zweilous takes on many of the common pokemon that can easily OHKO servine like rapidash,Ninetails,zebstrika as well as roselia (Although it has trouble with sleep powder) and pawniard.
-Golem although not at all a counter or check to roselia can handle the common checks to servine like rapidash and zebstrika and set up hazards to cripple them further. It also could get its own sweeping chance later down the road as well. It can also do significant damage by exploding and can take some unexpected KO's down with it.
Other Options
########
Choice Scarf is a very unreliable set and predictable set but it might really help out for sweeping capability and helps it kill nasty plot simipour and
Knock Off helps Servine's counters more easily to like Roselia and Zweilous deal with.
Checks and counters
########
**Bulkier Grass types**: This completely walls servine when its at +3 or lower. Roselia takes hits amazingly well and can even take super effective hidden powers without much trouble
**Faster Pokemon**: Zebstrika immune to servine's stab leaf storm and is unaffected by glare and force it out effectively. Ninetails has amazing special defense and can take a leaf storm switching in and can easily set up on Servine, Rapidash also has power to OKHO and also has the power to due damage to some of the partners Servine has.
**Ice types**:Regice has the ability to absorb servine's attacks with ease and take HP Fire relatively well, Rotom-Frost can also outspeed and OKHO with blizzard.
**Hard Hitters**:Many offensive pokemon in PU can easily outspeed and kill by taking advantage of Servine's mediocre base defenses and Grass typing.

Last edited:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
To start Whiscash-Mega, put your analysis in this format and use bullet points for the descriptions. I know this is your first analysis:
Tag me when you fix it like this.

Overview
########

OVERVIEW GOES HERE
YOU CAN DO IT PROS & CONS STYLE BUT THIS WILL LIKELY NOT BE THE FINAL FORM OF THE OVERVIEW SO MAYBE CONSIDER WRITING ONE

SET NAME
########
name: SET NAME
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
ability:
item:
evs:
nature:

Moves
========

INFO ABOUT MOVES GOES HERE

Set Details
========

EVS / ITEM / NATURE INFORMATION GOES HERE

Usage Tips
========

USAGE TIPS GO HERE

Team Options
========

TEAM OPTIONS GO HERE

SET NAME
########
name: SET NAME
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
ability:
item:
evs:
nature:

Moves
========

INFO ABOUT MOVES GOES HERE

Set Details
========

EVS / ITEM / NATURE INFORMATION GOES HERE

Usage Tips
========

USAGE TIPS GO HERE

Team Options
========

TEAM OPTIONS GO HERE

Other Options
########

OTHER OPTIONS GOES HERE. STUFF LIKE ALTERNATE MOVES, ALTERNATE SETS, NICHE STUFF THAT DOESN'T GET A MAIN SET MENTION

Checks & Counters
########

CHECKS & COUNTERS GO HERE
NOTE THAT THIS WILL BE MORE THREATLISTY SO MENTION POKEMON / OTHER EFFECTS ONE AT A TIME

TONE

is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Looks a lot better, but I'll add some more points. Not QC btw.

Overview
########

-Combine the fourth and seventh points you made as Glare makes up for Servine's speed.
-Expand on the fifth point you made by saying that due to Servine's low Special Attack, it needs to use Leaf Storm to do respectable damage.

Moves
========

-You mentioned Synthesis in the moveset, but never talked about it here. Also remove the part about the +4 Giga Drain. Just say that Giga Drain damages the foe while regaining health in the process.

Set Details
========

-You can leave out the last mention of the 4 EVs part.

Usage Tips
========

-Mention that Servine is best coming in after a teammate has fainted, or from a slow U-Turn, Volt Switch, or Baton Pass.
-Also mention that Servine is best used as a mid- to late-game sweeper once its checks and counters are eliminated or weak enough for Servine to handle on its own.
-Also mention that Leaf Storm can be spammed early on, but the move has low PP so be careful of using it against Pokemon that resists or gets a boost from Servine's Grass STAB.

Team Options
========

-Give more examples of entry hazards setters and explain what KOs they help Servine get. (Example: Leaf Storm 2HKOs Stoutland after Stealth Rock damage.)
-Also give examples of wallbreakers that can wear down bulkier foes for Servine to clean up mid- to late-game.
-Mention Pokemon that can cover Servine's weaknesses and can eliminate foes that threaten it.

Other Options
########

-Mention Knock Off for Pokemon such as Roselia that Servine has trouble getting past.

Checks & Counters
########

-Instead of listing individual Pokemon that check or counter Servine, group them together.(Example:**Fire-types**: Fire-types such as X can switch in on any unboosted attack from Servine and OHKO with their Fire-type STAB.)
-List Roselia under "Bulky Grass-types" as Roselia can live any hit and retaliate with Sludge Bomb.
-List Regice under "Ice-types". Mention that Rotom-F naturally outspeeds and can OHKO with Blizzard, while Piloswine can come in on a weakened Servine and revenge kill it with Ice Shard.
-List Zebstrika under "Faster Pokemon" as it not only outspeeds Servine, it has Sap Sipper for Leaf Storm, and can retaliate with Overheat. Expand on this by giving more examples of Pokemon that outspeed and threaten Servine.

Whiscash-Mega

Lol I didn't change it from the original post because i'm studying for the Finals. Ill get to it later and I apologize for the delay.

Last edited:
Ok I think i have it in the correct format TONE114 galbia. Tell me if I missed something. Also I took your Advice tone. I might have my caps messed up, so tell me I that is the case.

TONE

You're getting there, but the format is still slightly wrong. Add equal signs under Usage Tips and Team Options and space out each section. You have them all clustered together. You also missed some points i mentioned from before:

Overview
########

-Combine the fourth and seventh points you made as Glare makes up for Servine's average speed.
-Expand on the fifth point you made by saying that due to Servine's low Special Attack, it needs to use Leaf Storm to do respectable damage.
-The last point isn't neccessary as Servine can threaten more than just Water-types.

Moves
========

-The set should be renamed "Contrary Sweeper".
-You mentioned Synthesis in the moveset, but never talked about it here. Also remove the part about the +4 Giga Drain. Just say that Giga Drain damages the foe while regaining health in the process.

Set Details
========

-You can leave out the last mention of the 4 EVs part.

Usage Tips
========

-Mention that Servine is best coming in after a teammate has fainted, or from a slow U-Turn, Volt Switch, or Baton Pass.
-Also mention that Servine is best used as a mid- to late-game sweeper once its checks and counters are eliminated or weak enough for Servine to handle on its own.
-Also mention that Leaf Storm can be spammed early on, but the move has low PP so be careful of using it against Pokemon that resists or gets a boost from Servine's Grass STAB such as Zebstrika and Gogoat.

Team Options
========

-Give more examples of entry hazards setters and explain what KOs they help Servine get. (Example: Leaf Storm 2HKOs Stoutland after Stealth Rock damage.)
-Also give examples of wallbreakers that can wear down bulkier foes for Servine to clean up mid- to late-game.
-Mention Pokemon that can cover Servine's weaknesses and can eliminate foes that prevent it from sweeping.

Checks & Counters
########

-Expand on this for each check and counter you mention. Also add Fire-types to checks and counters and give examples.

hi

Overview
########

-Threatening Sweeper thanks to its ability,Contrary
-Makes very good use of the eviolite and can take some hits even with investment
-Has synthesis for recover, and giga drain is a way of maintaining offensive presence while staying on the battlefield.
-Moderate speed with no opportunities to boost it, outspeeds mons like fraxure, stoutland, zweilous, and gabite by one point. you say it has moderate speed then list stuff it outspeeds? might wanna put a 'however' or 'but' in there
-Special Attack is terrible to start with, has way less opportunities to boost because of its sub par speed.
-Many of its checks and counters are running around seen on almost every team for example...? roselia? ninetales?
-Glare allows it to patch up its sub par speed and gets a few laughs with para-hax -> this is probably a joke but no mention whatsoever of this should be in the writeup
-Lots of water types in the tier, servine destroys all of them. examples plz, also i might stick to slower waters because simipour can wreck servine with ice beam

# # # # # # # #
Standard Leaf storm no need to say 'standard leaf storm', standard suffices
# # # # # # # # #
Move 1:Leaf Storm
Move 2:Hidden Power Ice
Move 3:Glare
Move 4:Giga Drain/Synthesis
Ability:Contrary
Item: Eviolite
Ev’s: 4 HP /252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature:Timid

Moves
========
-Leaf Storm is a great high power boosting move that is easily spammable
-Glare is really nice to cripple a fast sweeper threat and gives you an opportunity to heal with giga drain or finish off with leaf storm
-Giga Drain is a reliable healing option it provides a stable recovery move. However Synthisis is a better option Earlier in the game and helps when servine is finding trouble boosting.
-Hidden Power Fire/Ice is to hit other common grass types like roselia,Jumpluff and Torterra while also threatening togetic.

Set Details
========
-Eviolite helps it stay relatively bulky (it doesn't "stay bulky", it manages to take hits from common pkmn better and retaliate, the wording is rlly weird here), and partners very well with synthesis
-Obvious Contrary is obvious, contrary allows it to reverse the what would be minus 2 special attack drop on leaf storm and turn it into a 130 power nasty plot -> most of the sentence is pretty much filler, contrary is what allows servine to get +2 spatk from using leaf storm which is what gives it its niche
-Timid is the chosen nature for most sets as helps servine outspeed some slower pokemon and some uninvested faster pokemon. ??????? like what? it's pretty obvious that you outspeed slower pkmn and uninvested faster pkmn maybe
-252 speed allows it to outspeed non-boosted barbaracle and ohko it with giga drain or leaf storm the speed EVs dont let it ohko barba, say that it lets it outspeed after which it can easily ohko w/ stab move of choice
-252 ev’s are in Spa. Atk for power output, and the rest is put into hp for alright bulk. this is filler and doesn't tell much. unless the 252/252 is actually doing something for servine specifically, you don't need to mention it at all; see other analyses for reference (it helps speed tie opposing servine, bulk investment is useless, etc.)

Usage Tips (where's the hashtag/equals to sign thingy lol)
-Try to eliminate or severely weaken some of the main counters to servine before setting up.This allow it to sweep teams effectively and avoid switching in on them at all costs
- Take advantage of its natural bulk. This allows it to take some hits very well and force switches as well as effectively getting to with the +2 with the 130 power nasty plot that is leaf storm. You can also get a quick +2 with leaf storm and Glare on predicted switchins.
-Glare really cripples pokemon that Servine usually wouldn't be able to touch and being able to use this well can really help get rid of otherwise threatening pokemon.

you're not even giving any scenarios here and just making generic statements; what are common mons it can get in on? how much do you want certain counters weakened/gone? you need to specify this stuff tbh..

Team Options
(formatting??)
-Poliwrath helps with getting pesky ninetails out of the way as well as some other threats, and is also a great knock off plus ice switchin.
-Piloswine is a good option for getting up rocks for late game sweeping as well as keeping out fire types that stop Servine. One of servines biggest counters is zebstrika, and specially defensive Piloswine (??????????????????????? specially defensive piloswine isn't a thing really.. normal piloswine is fine altho hp grass is a 3hko) hard walls it. Servine also switches into water types that like to switch into Piloswine with it’s natural bulk plus eviolite.
-Pawniard is a good partner as well as a great pokemon in pu. It switches into most of roselia’s (the best counter to servine) attacks barring hp fire and sleep powder, and also takes on dragon types.
-Zweilous takes on many of the common pokemon that can easily OHKO servine like rapidash,Ninetails,and zebstrika however it can't really handle roselia and pawniard. (huh? zweilous easily counters roselia rofl)
-Golem although not at all a counter or check to roselia can handle the common checks to servine like rapidash and zebstrika and set up hazards to cripple them further. It also could get its own sweeping chance later down the road as well. It can also do significant damage by exploding and can take some unexpected KO's down with it. (golem doesn't sweep so the second sentence is moot. explosion is standard p much, so it's really just used to weaken walls/pseudo-spinblock which i GUESS servine appreciates)
Other Options
########
Choice Scarf is a very unreliable set and predictable set but it might really help out for sweeping capability. (stuff like rapidash that's in 2hko range factoring boost think that they easily counter while they get bopped, honestly adding one or two examples like that really help your case. however, it locks you into a shitty type and leaves you hardwalled by common pokes so mention that)
Knock Off helps Servine's counters more easily to deal with. like? i mean u have roselia and zweilous i guess so mention them
Checks and counters
########
Bulkier Grass types-This completely walls servine when its at +3 or lower. Roselia takes hits amazingly well and can even take super effective hidden powers without much trouble
Faster Pokemon- Zebstrika immune to servine's stab leaf storm and is unaffected by glare. This pokemon also has access to flame charge so it set up without a problem on servine and force it out effectively. Ninetails has amazing special defense and can take a leaf storm switching in, Rapidash also has power to OKHO and also has the power to due damage to some of the partners Servine has. um what? zebstrika doesn't run flame charge lol... ninetales and rapidash outspeed so you should mention that. they easily ohko and NINETALES CAN SET UP.
Ice types-Regice has the ability to absorb servine's attacks with ease and take HP Fire relatively well, Rotom-Frost can also outspeed and OKHO with blizzard.
Hard Hitters-Many offensive pokemon in PU can easily outspeed and kill by taking advantage of Servine's mediocre base defenses and Grass typing.

the format is still messy and hard to understand and a lot of the places there is wrong information :/ plz fix

this goes without saying but i'm not qc lol

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I really dont think that this is the best set for servine as without heavy para support or webs it is just doesnt work, and this support is too niche (along with the fact that servine isnt a staple on these teams) for this servine set to get an analysis (before anyone complains i have tested this poke on several teams - all have which have improved with another grass type). There are too many great pokes which just stop this set from doing what it tries to do (roselia/zebstrika/ninetales/pawniard/pluff/simi/rotom all either OHKO or KO w/ a bit of damage - just pokes from s/a+), some like rose can switch in and use it as fodder, then there is a ton of pokes that can outspeed and do a ton of damage. Also is there a point in timid over modest? Most pokes below run adamant/modest (stoutland/arbok) and most above run timid/jolly (mime/rotom). I have tried a scarf set (ls/knock/naturepower/hidden power which is also underwhelming and needs a lot of support) but im not sure how much more effective/less gimmicky than the other set is.

Input would be appreciated from any one really as i doubt that this is the most effective set servine can run (i might just be overestimating it ;)).

Also please fix the formatting which others have mentioned

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Fixing the formatting is one thing. After looking over this analysis, you're going to have to convince me that you know what you are doing with Servine, and you have to address the points Anty mentioned as well.

Actually you can reassign this. I am going out of country and cant be here to attend to this thread.
sorry about this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)