1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

set up to get up

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by swwaaggeerr, Sep 9, 2012.

1. swwaaggeerr

swwaaggeerr

This team is basically a hyper offensive team and it does pretty good but needs some help. I basically try to set up and kill as many pokemon as i can with one of my pokes then repeat. Dual screens make it easier but my team still has some weaknesses. I reached upwards of 200 on po which is pretty good.

[​IMG]

light clay
    levitate
    252 hp 252 spd
    timid

reflect
    light screen
    stealth rock
    taunt

This is my lead although im taking suggestions so im not as predictable. Usually i wud use a screen to weaken the opponents attack then use rocks and the other screen. Taunt for obvious reasons. U turn or explosion wud b nice to leave after i set up but i hav to take out somtin. I lure in a lot of scizors and tyranitars so im wondering if i shud carry moves for them.

[​IMG]

Lum berry
    Moxie
    252 att 252 spd
    adamant

waterfall
    ice fang
    earthquake
    dragon dance

Probably my favorite set up sweeper, if i cud get at a dd and kill off a pokemon its usually game over. I am horribly walled by rotom w but its worth it in a way. I love setting up on rain teams but they end up having ferrothorn which can wall me without boosts.Nevertheless gyarados puts in a lot of work

[​IMG]

lum berry
    multiscale
    252 att 252 spd
    adamant

dragon dance
    outrage
    extremespeed
    fire punch

Dragonite is used so much for a reason. It is so good i love when i sweep entire teams with it. This set is pretty straight forward. So yeah nothin much else to say.

[​IMG]

life orb
    justified
    252 att 252 spd
    adamant

swords dance
    extremespeed
    crunch
    close combat

This is what i usually switch my azelf to because lucario 4x resists bug and dark which is what are aimed at my azelf. It cud sweep very nicely sometimes but threats lik terrakion do cut hs sweep short. Crunch is way more useful then ice punch in my opinion. It lures in so much pokes lik jellicent which is such a common switch in to lucario. Lucario also gives me priority which is pretty important

[​IMG]

lum berry
    moxie
    252 att 252spd
    adamant

dragon dance
    outrage
    fire blast
    earthquake

Salamence was probably gona sweep the team if i cud get one dd. Its very powerful and mayb be redundant with dragonite but salamence is faster and has fire blast. My dragonite gets walled by heatran which is no problem wen salamence gets plus 2 or uses eq. Salamence has his moments but sometimes ends up useless.

[​IMG]

life orb
    technician
    252 att 252 spd
    adamant

bug bite
    bullet punch
    superpower
    swords dance

Scizor was my best revenge killer. He cud also sweep if the opponent has no answer to him. When i run max speed he outruns most magnezones and easily kills them with superpower. Scizor carried a lot of power and stopped faster pokemon from sweeping my team. He saves me from a lot and after 2 sds even infernape falls to a bullet punch. Scizor is completely stopped by fire pokemon which is a huge problem cause i dont like to switch a lot.

Threats-

Genesect- I believe genesect is broken. Its lik given nidoking speed. It can take out all of the pokemon on my team in one hit and its usually scarfed along with the fact that it resists my priority makes this pokemon annoying as hell. The sudden use of it started to make me lose a lot. I would have to get an oppurtunity to set up twice so i cud outspeed it and/or over power it.

Skarmory- Basically my team is all physical so skarmory is threatening. Salamence is my only hope if i don't get enough boosts with my other pokes. It can also keeps shuffling me around and i hav a lot of stealth rock weak pokes makin skarmory one annoying pokemon.

Please give feedback to help improve my team ty. It's a little more interesting then the normal ou teams out there.
  2. IceKold

IceKold

Hey there! Interesting team you've got going on...

I have a few quick tips: one general and two specific. In general, this team can't handle the extremes of offense and defense. If a defensive stall team can whittle you down and absorb your blows with defensive pokemon (AKA Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Gliscor, etc.), you've got little answer once they bring out there own sweeper. And on the other hand, I feel like once an opposing Mox Gyarados/Mox Mence would tear you to shreds with a little momentum.

The other is that I seriously think you should consider replacing 1 of your 3 Dragon Dance sweepers (Salamence) with Starmie. Stealth Rock damage further weakens your frail team and the pure Physicality of your team puts you at risk. Try this set-up:
    [​IMG]

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Rapid Spin
    - Trick

I understand your desire to maintain offense so this is a pretty powerful set-up still. The Scarf and max speed will provide you with the ability to finish of faster pokemon that survived Scizor's Bullet Punch or one of your Extreme Speeds. Rapid Spin is there when you need SR gone. And Trick is great for crippling walls like Ferrothorn or throwing a set-up sweeper out of whack. You should seriously consider this set.

Lastly, for the Genesect problem, try a specially defensive variant of Magnezone in replace of someone else. He can come in a a Ice Beam-locked Genesect and finish him off easily. Plus, Sub-Zone is PHENOMENAL at taking down Ferrothorn. Seriously. He ruins the little-bugger.

If anything, the following set will give you even more Special attacking power and a desperately needed tank that can still hit hard.

[​IMG]

Magnezone @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 220 HP / 180 Def / 108 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Flash Cannon
    - Volt Switch/Thunderbolt
    - Substitute
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Hope this helps!:)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)