Sets for 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
This is only temporary till they actually start writing VGC 2016 analysis but I figured that many people already have already found optimized spreads and good movepools so this can make some of the writers lives easier for not having to calc for a million things. This is unofficial keep in mind but I hope this is still a somewhat good resource for the time being. Also keep in mind when you see 14 attack IVs, this is just a close approximation to what the IVs might be in the game. They could end up being 0 but we just leave it at this so when it is damage calced for Foul Play this will the estimate.

Giant list of sets submitted (WIP)
Note you can use ctrl + f or whatever the variations is for your computer to find the pokemon you want. If the pokemon isn't here you can request one to be made.
Gengar / Mega Gengar
Derivatives

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb / Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp / Shadow Ball
- Protect

Gengar has many positive traits about especially its mega ability, Shadow Tag, which makes it so opponents can't switch out. While this ability isn't that dynamic in doubles than it is in singles it still provides for some amazing utility. Gengarite allows Gengar to mega evolve and perform its role a lot better. Levitate is its only ability but sometimes can be used to dodge Earthquake or Precipice Blades before mega evolution. Gengar doesn't have bulk to really invest in that is worth it so it is best to just go max special attack max speed. Sludge Bomb can hit Xerneas primarily but it also does a pretty good amount to other pokemon that don't resist it. Plus it has that 30% chance to poison. Shadow Ball is another offensive option that hits more things neutrally but it loses the chance to hit Mega Kangaskhan and Yveltal

Kangaskhan / Mega Kangaskhan
Derivatives

Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus / Scrappy
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge / Return
- Low Kick / Power-up-Punch
- Sucker Punch

Kangaskhanite allows Kangaskhan to become a huge threat hitting twice in one turn as well as sporting an extremely high attack as well as pretty much having a free turn to mega evolve with Fake Out. Inner Focus and Scrappy are abilities mostly up to personal preference where one of them allows Kangaskhan to not get flinched from Fake Out (if it chooses to not mega evolve) and attack back or you can use Scrappy to Fake Out ghost types such as Sableye and Gengar on the first turn. Fake Out is almost a mandatory on all Mega Kangaskhan as it gives not only its team mates a free turn to do whatever but also a free mega evolutions so it can get that speed boost. Double-edge and Return are interchangable but Double-edge is prefered to hit bulky legends such as Xerneas and Primal Kyogre a lot harder. Low Kick can hit heavier pokemon such as Kyurem formes and Primal Groudon harder. Power-up-Punch can boost Mega Kangaskhan's attack by twice as much thanks to it being able to hit twice. Sucker Punch allows Mega Kangaskhan to become a potential sweeper as well as a revenge killer easier. 252 attack makes Mega Kangaskhan's attacks hit as hard as possible while 252 speed EVs and a Jolly nature make it as fast as possible speed tying with other base 100 pokemon with a positive nature.

Other options:
Derivatives
Fire Punch can be used to help beat out Mega Mawile easier since Low Kick only does about 20%. Fire Punch misses out on hitting Dialga and Kyurem formes harder which is a bit unfortunate

Porygon-2
Derivatives

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 244 HP / 12 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 14 Atk / 0 Spe
- Tri Attack
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Gravity

Porygon-2 was a staple to some Trick Room teams in VGC 2015 but it has lost a lot of its luster. That doesn't stop it from being viable as with some of the biggest threats being Primal Groudon and Primal Groudon, Gravity can help to increase accuracy as well as giving a special buff to PDon allowing it to hit everything. Eviolite is what would make you consider Porygon-2 as it gains a tremendous amount of bulk and is an item you don't see that much making it easier to give items to different pokemon. Download can sometimes give you a boost to your special attack giving you slightly more of an offensive pressence. Trick Room can make slower team mates like Mega Mawile and Primals outspeed faster threats like Mega Ray and Kyurem-White. Gravity helps to punish particularily Cresselia who tends to pass Levitate to PDon or keep it to itself why also having some other nice perks like being able to land Precipice Blades 100% of the time. Recover can help Porygon-2 stay alive longer in case it needs to set up Trick Room or Gravity again. Tri Attack is Porygon-2's best attacking move. The EVs are to max out Porygon-2's Special Defense but a defensive spread can work just as well to.

Smeargle
Derivatives

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 14 Atk
- Dark Void
- Magic Coat / Crafty Shield
- Follow Me
- Spiky Shield

Smeargle does not boast any supreme stats but what makes this thing extremely good in the VGC metagame is its movepool which literally has every move. Smeargle with Focus Sash will allow it to always take one hit except from Mega Kangaskhan. Own Tempo is pretty much the only safe thing that actually does something stopping it from getting Swaggered. You could go a riskier route with Moody but it is random and could lower your speed or accuracy at random making it gimmicky especially for a pokemon with such low defenses not really getting tanking hits even with a +2. Smeargle being the only legal pokemon with access to Dark Void makes it a truly scary thing setting both the opposing pokemon to sleep if it hits. Magic Coat can be used to block Prankster Taunt from pokemon such as Thundurus and Liepard but as an alternative Crafty Shield can be used to support your partner rather than yourself by blocking taunts and thunder waves that are not directed at Smeargle. Follow Me with Focus Sash allows it to soak up one hit. Follow Me is usually used after Dark Void to bait out any attacks from the opposing pokemon waking up since it is near impossible to always know what turn they will wake up on, this lets your other team mate have another turn to do whatever even after the opponent wakes up. Spiky Shield can be used to punish Fake Out on the first turn. King's Shield can also be used but Smeargle is vulnerable to status. Max speed and a jolly nature is to attempt at allowing you to outspeed as much as possible. Max HP is only there to maybe allow Smeargle to take a hit.

Hitmontop
SlaySlenderDragon XD

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Wide Guard
- Quick Guard

Hitmontop is one of the few pokemon that have access to both Wide Guard and Quick Guard and Hitmontop is argubly the best one at performing this compressed role as it also has access to Intimidate to make physical attackers do less and Fake Out which can by a turn. Sitrus Berry allows Hitmontop to take on a plethora of threats like Mega Kangaskhan and Primal Groudon. Intimidate allows Hitmontop to further support a team mate by giving them an easier time setting up. Fake Out gives its team mate a guaranteed turn of free set up (unless the opposing user has a faster pokemon with Fake Out) Close Combat is Hitmontop's most viable STAB being able to severely damage Mega Kangaskhan. Wide Guard and Dual Guard are the bread and better of this set being able to block Dazzling Gleam, Origin Pulse and Precipice Blades as well as some other miscellaneous things like Hyper Voice and Rock Slide while Quick Guard can block prankster pokemon from slowing down a faster team mate like Mega Salamence or Xerneas. Quick Guard also blocks Sucker Punch and Talonflam's Brave Bird. The EV spread is to make sure Hitmontop doesn't get speed creeped by anything targeting base 70's but still have less speed than all Mega Kangaskhan always which can allow it to outspeed under Trick Room.

Gardevoir / Mega Gardevoir
Derivatives

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam / Psyshock
- Ally Switch
- Protect

Mega Gardevoir has lost a lot of its luster since Xerneas virtually replaces it in every category but Mega Gardevoir cans till spam powerful moves and while it may take up a mega slot it doesn't take up a legendary slot. Trace can sometimes reveal potential sets on a pokemon like maybe revealing a choice scarf or a mega stone on Mewtwo. Gardevoirite allows it to become a powerful wall breaker with a new and improved ability Pixilate. Hyper Voice is Gardevoir's main way of spreading damage since it gets Pixilate boosted. Hyper Beam allows Gardevoir to nuke something before it dies like dealing a hefty amount to both of the Primals and many more pokemon. Psyshock can be used to keep things consistent as well as hit Xerneas after Geomancy as well as anything specially defensive oriented. Ally Switch can help to mix things up like take a dragon move for Mega Rayquaza or a special move for a physical tank. Protect can allow you to scout for a move which can potentially decide if you want to Ally Switch or not. The EV spread is simple and just meant to outspeed as much as possible and his as hard as it can.

Kyogre / Primal Kyogre
Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder / Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Kyogre is one of VGC best counters to Primal Groudon as it can

Groudon / Primal Groudon
Vengeance417

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power/Precipice Blades
- Overheat/Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Primal Groudon is one of the biggest threats in VGC since it doesn't need any support and it a complete monster. What makes it even more threatening is the diversity within one movepool that can make it somewhat unpredictable. Primal Groudon's ability removes one of of its major weaknesses on switch in making it immune to water type attack normally. Earth Power allows Primal Groudon to hit opposing PDon's on their weaker side while still providing powerful offense. Precipice Blades on the other hand can hit both opponents at the same time. Overheat is good for nuking things that don't resist it as it honestly has no safe switch ins. Flamethrower and Fire Blast are alternativs to remain consistent when doing damage. Rock Slide is another dual target move that is primarily used for Togekiss who can redirect Earth Power and Yveltal who threatens to take chunks of damage out with Foul Play. Protect can allow you to scout opponents. The EV spread is to max out special attack while being able to outspeed Choice Scarf Adamant Landorus-T

Yveltal
Derivatives

Yveltal @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Tailwind

Yveltal has a lot of amazing niches such as being bulky, having both a good physical and special movepool, and a bunch of tools to work with

List of stuff to put into sets
  • Special PDon
  • Standard POgre
  • Scarf Ray
  • SD + Sitrus Ray
  • Bulky SD Ray
  • Mixed PDon
  • Standard Xerneas
  • Standard Cresselia
  • Cherrim .
  • Offensive Check Ferrothorn
  • Support Sableye
  • Support Crobat
  • Flame Orb Cresselia
  • Standard Ho-oh
  • Choice Band Zygarde
  • Support Xerneas
  • Offensive Giritina-O
  • Mat Block Greninja

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Wide Guard
- Quick Guard

This set is meant solely for supporting heavy hitting partners like Yveltal, Mega Mawile and Primal Groudon. Hitmontop's supportive movepool makes it a very compact role but not to the point it can only be put onto a delicate selection of teams. Fake Out is almost an essential for supportive pokemon as it can provide free turns for your team mate or even stall out attacks that may other wise OHKO you or your partner. Close Combat is Hitmontop's best move of choice as it hits Mega Kangaskhan as well as just having the most amount of power overall. Wide Guard can help to block a plethora of the metagames hardest hitting moves like Precipice Blades, Origin Pulse, and Dazzling Gleam being the most notable ones but also a few others like Rock Slide, Eruption and Earthquake.Quick Guard on the other helps to support speedier sweepers like Mega Rayquaza and Xerneas from getting Thunder Wave by any Prankster pokemon. The EV spread allows Hitmontop to outspeed anything trying to speed creep base 90 pokemon but not have enough speed to get outsped by all Mega Kangaskhan allowing Hitmontop (under Trick Room) to outspeed.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power/Precipice Blades
- Overheat/Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Rock Slide
- Protect

This is a specially-based Mixed Primal Groudon set I've been using on a Tailwind team. The idea is to not use a defense-lowering nature so Primal Groudon's impressive bulk is preserved while still being able to outpace Adamant Scarf Landorus-T with Tailwind present.

Earth Power nearly OHKOs any variant of opposing Pdon, while Overheat does a tremendous amount to just about anything under Desolate Land that doesn't resist it. With a base 180 attack stat, Primal Groudon's attack stat is 200 with a neutral nature, making it only slightly weaker (by 16 points) than a max attack Adamant Landorus-T (and STRONGER than any Jolly variant) while you're uninvested, mind you. This makes Rock Slide still do a fair amount of damage while making you not susceptible to Talonflame and Ho-Oh.

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power
- Overheat
- Rock Slide
- Protect

This is a specially-based Mixed Primal Groudon set I've been using on a Tailwind team. The idea is to not use a defense-lowering nature so Primal Groudon's impressive bulk is preserved while still being able to outpace Adamant Scarf Landorus-T with Tailwind present.

Earth Power nearly OHKOs any variant of opposing Pdon, while Overheat does a tremendous amount to just about anything under Desolate Land that doesn't resist it. With a base 180 attack stat, Primal Groudon's attack stat is 200 with a neutral nature, making it only slightly weaker (by 14 points I think) than a max attack Adamant Landorus-T (and STRONGER than any Jolly variant) while you're uninvested, mind you. This makes Rock Slide still do a fair amount of damage while making you not susceptible to Talonflame and Ho-Oh.
I would probably slash Flamethrower next to Overheat and Precipice next to Rock Slide. Precipice does a hell of a lot even unbooted except it misses out on hitting Togekiss and Flamethrower is consistent. You could also argue that Fire Blast is an option but so far I don't think it gets anything that would be neccesary for PDon to OHKO or 2HKO

I would probably slash Flamethrower next to Overheat and Precipice next to Rock Slide. Precipice does a hell of a lot even unbooted except it misses out on hitting Togekiss and Flamethrower is consistent. You could also argue that Fire Blast is an option but so far I don't think it gets anything that would be neccesary for PDon to OHKO or 2HKO
That can still work and I'll go ahead and slash them, but my reasoning for the moves I picked was the fact that Intimidate is so very common right now (Mawile, Mence, your Hitmontop, even) that I want my main attacks to not lose any stopping power. Also, Earth Power does WAY more to opposing Pdon than a spread PB, but that doesn't detract from the fact that PB is still an amazing option regardless. Also, with Overheat, Pdon is switching in and out a lot due to opposing Kyogre and Rayquaza/Cloud Nine, so I thought I might as well use a hit-and-run move to complement the trends right now.

I probably should have mentioned when making this post that I'm using this on a Dual Fire Tailwind team with a Ho-Oh, (one hitting on the physical side and the other on the special side, and it's devastating so far).

Note: I run 14 IVs on Special attackers because that's like a middling IV for it and it gives a more accurate representation of Foul Play damage/self hits from Swagger because I am not SRing for a 0 Atk IV lol. Don't be confused by this.

Princess Leia (Gardevoir-Mega) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Ally Switch
- Protect

I give an exact 0 fucks about hitting Primal Groudon tbh, just go with hitting absolutely everything else as hard as you can. Hyper Beam is for nuking things and is especially good when you're about to sack Gardevoir. Also Ally Switch can let you go ahead and quickly sack Gard while letting a teammate do something for free.

Darth Sidious (Yveltal) @ Chesto Berry
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Tailwind

This set definitely needs refining but this is a sort of cool set I want to use because it combines Yveltal's interesting defensive matchups with a cool recovery option and a way to play around Dark Void Smeargle. Dark Pulse and Oblivion Wing give it some coverage to work with but this thing is dealing shit damage rn, might make it a physical variant with Foul Play+Sucker Punch/Protect.

Count Dooku (Smeargle) (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Magic Coat
- Follow Me
- Spiky Shield

Another way to fend off Dark Void Smeargle, this time with my own Dark Void Smeargle. Smeargle combines the unique and annoying Dark Void with a very cool Focus Sash+Follow Me complex, which is especially good if the opponents are already asleep by Dark Void as you can just get free af Geomancies with Xerneas and spam free damage all around. Magic Coat makes Smeargle unaffected by Dark Void and sends it right back at the opponent, removing the fear of losing the speed tie while also giving Smeargle an option to deal with Crobat/Liepard/Thundurus/Whimsicott/Meowstic's Taunt.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder / Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Primal Kyogre can give your opponents a handful because it outright demolishes lots of mons when provided the correct supportive options. Things like Crobat can provide speed control for it while also blocking Sucker Punch spam.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Air Lock
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast / Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Dragon Ascent

Beats all the other scarf Dragons+Mega Rays and hits both Primals really hard instead of just Kyogre. The third move is just a coverage slot I can't think of what to put there beside Fire Blast/Thunder/Thunderbolt.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind
- Protect

A bulkier take on a very powerful set. Rather than just Dragon Dance you can take advantage of Ray's amazing resists and great natural bulk and set Tailwind for the team. Using a single Swords Dance versus using a single Dragon Dance and holding a Life Orb makes Ray hit way harder. Ray's amazing bulk can be further heightened by giving it more proper EVs.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 116 SpD / 140 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Protect

Going even further into bulkifying Rayquaza, you can set up a Sub and set up free Swords Dances behind it. The EVs maximize HP and SpD after hitting 1 point above Mega Kangaskhan's max speed. Have fun demolishing people with this one.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Fire Punch
- Protect

A pretty standard Primal Groudon and definitely one people should consider when teambuilding is one that is max defense. It still hits hella hard with everything (even a -SPA nature Overheat chunks lots of stuff), and Fire Punch is your best way to damage Geoxern which is very important to do before it completely fucks you up. Please do not use Iron Head because it does less than Fire Punch.

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

It's still god tier people stop complaining about Ray :c
Fake Out provides support, Double-Edge deals damage, Low Kick hits incredibly hard since everything here weighs more than the empire state building, and Sucker Punch is priority and is boosted by Dark Aura. Because of how good all of the other stuff is, if I were to slash PuP on here it would have to be either next to Fake Out or Low Kick (I would probably do Fake Out though because Low Kick hits so hard and you don't always need Fake Out, but Low Kick also tends to not be necessary so it comes down to what you need :B).
Maybe more in a bit

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Note: I run 14 IVs on Special attackers because that's like a middling IV for it and it gives a more accurate representation of Foul Play damage/self hits from Swagger because I am not SRing for a 0 Atk IV lol. Don't be confused by this.

Princess Leia (Gardevoir-Mega) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Ally Switch
- Protect

I give an exact 0 fucks about hitting Primal Groudon tbh, just go with hitting absolutely everything else as hard as you can. Hyper Beam is for nuking things and is especially good when you're about to sack Gardevoir. Also Ally Switch can let you go ahead and quickly sack Gard while letting a teammate do something for free.

Darth Sidious (Yveltal) @ Chesto Berry
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Tailwind

This set definitely needs refining but this is a sort of cool set I want to use because it combines Yveltal's interesting defensive matchups with a cool recovery option and a way to play around Dark Void Smeargle. Dark Pulse and Oblivion Wing give it some coverage to work with but this thing is dealing shit damage rn, might make it a physical variant with Foul Play+Sucker Punch/Protect.

Count Dooku (Smeargle) (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Magic Coat
- Follow Me
- Spiky Shield

Another way to fend off Dark Void Smeargle, this time with my own Dark Void Smeargle. Smeargle combines the unique and annoying Dark Void with a very cool Focus Sash+Follow Me complex, which is especially good if the opponents are already asleep by Dark Void as you can just get free af Geomancies with Xerneas and spam free damage all around. Magic Coat makes Smeargle unaffected by Dark Void and sends it right back at the opponent, removing the fear of losing the speed tie while also giving Smeargle an option to deal with Crobat/Liepard/Thundurus/Whimsicott/Meowstic's Taunt.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Primal Kyogre can give your opponents a handful because it outright demolishes lots of mons when provided the correct supportive options. Things like Crobat can provide speed control for it while also blocking Sucker Punch spam.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Ascent

Beats all the other scarf Dragons+Mega Rays and hits both Primals really hard instead of just Kyogre. The third move is just a coverage slot I can't think of what to put there beside Fire Blast/Thunder/Thunderbolt.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind
- Protect

A bulkier take on a very powerful set. Rather than just Dragon Dance you can take advantage of Ray's amazing resists and great natural bulk and set Tailwind for the team. Using a single Swords Dance versus using a single Dragon Dance and holding a Life Orb makes Ray hit way harder. Ray's amazing bulk can be further heightened by giving it more proper EVs.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 116 SpD / 140 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Protect

Going even further into bulkifying Rayquaza, you can set up a Sub and set up free Swords Dances behind it. The EVs maximize HP and SpD after hitting 1 point above Mega Kangaskhan's max speed. Have fun demolishing people with this one.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Fire Punch
- Protect

A pretty standard Primal Groudon and definitely one people should consider when teambuilding is one that is max defense. It still hits hella hard with everything (even a -SPA nature Overheat chunks lots of stuff), and Fire Punch is your best way to damage Geoxern which is very important to do before it completely fucks you up. Please do not use Iron Head because it does less than Fire Punch.

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

It's still god tier people stop complaining about Ray :c
Fake Out provides support, Double-Edge deals damage, Low Kick hits incredibly hard since everything here weighs more than the empire state building, and Sucker Punch is priority and is boosted by Dark Aura. Because of how good all of the other stuff is, if I were to slash PuP on here it would have to be either next to Fake Out or Low Kick (I would probably do Fake Out though because Low Kick hits so hard and you don't always need Fake Out, but Low Kick also tends to not be necessary so it comes down to what you need :B).
Maybe more in a bit
Smeargle can also run King's Shield to lower the attack of anything that hits it physically but it all comes down to preference.
On Primal Kyogre why are you running Thunderbolt over Thunder? just a quick catch
Mega Ray #1 it would probably safe to just put Thunderbolt/Thunder next to Fire Blast

nice list though and thanks

edit: Return might also be deserving of a slash as well on kang

King's Shield doesn't block Taunt/Dark Void though which sort of sucks tbh. I ran Tbolt>Thunder because I have a personal fear of not hitting things because Rain isn't up, but Thunder is probably better with Tbolt as a slashed option. I'll also put slashes on Mega Ray 1

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 HP / 44 Def / 156 SpA / 52 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

This is the current spread I've been liking the most. Avoids being OHKOd by LO Mega Rayquaza as well as Modest Eruption Primal Groudon (and avoid being 2HKOd by it after a Geomancy, ofc).

252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 4 HP / 44 Def Xerneas: 169-200 (83.6 - 99%)
252+ SpA Primal Groudon Eruption (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 52 SpD Xerneas in Harsh Sunshine: 169-199 (83.6 - 98.5%)
252+ SpA Primal Groudon Eruption (150 BP) vs. +2 4 HP / 52 SpD Xerneas in Harsh Sunshine: 84-100 (41.5 - 49.5%)

Maximum speed is just too appealing to pass up imo. It means that at a worst case scenario you'll speed-tie with opposing Xerneas and Yveltal plus being able to outspeed everything in the crowded 90-95 benchmark is really useful especially when it means getting the SpDef boosts from Geomancy before taking a hit from Kyogre for example. A bigger problem with a slower Xerneas is the presence of things like Tailwind and Icy Wind that can really screw things up, so this alleviates that problem. The reduction in overall damage output is relatively insigificant due to how easy it is to support Xerneas in the first place with stuff like Super Fang, Fake Tears and Helping Hand to let it secure a lot more KOs plus you got Primal Groudon which threatens the majority of Xerneas checks by itself anyway.

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 172 Def / 92 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room / Thunder Wave
- Helping Hand
- Skill Swap / Gravity
- Ice Beam / Icy Wind
This EV spread prevents Cresselia being OHKOd by a +1 LO Mega Rayquaza, pretty standardish.

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 244 HP / 172 Def Cresselia: 188-224 (83.1 - 99.1%)

The "interesting" part of this set is that you're hitting an even HP stat which means Crobat's Super Fang is going to activate your Sitrus Berry. This is important because it means that after Super Fang damage you'll no longer be in range of getting KOd by stuff like Eruption Primal Groudon or a LO Mega Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent since you'll be back to 75% health.

252+ SpA Primal Groudon Eruption (150 BP) vs. 244 HP / 92+ SpD Cresselia in Harsh Sunshine: 118-141 (52.2 - 62.3%)
252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 244 HP / 172 Def Cresselia: 126-149 (55.7 - 65.9%)
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 244 HP / 92+ SpD Cresselia: 114-134 (50.4 - 59.2%)
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 244 HP / 172 Def Cresselia: 109-129 (48.2 - 57%)

But most importantly...

Cherrim @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flower Gift
EVs: 252 HP / 60 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Helping Hand
- Heal Pulse
- Protect

The cutest support for Primal Groudon. The speed investment is to outspeed a Modest Primal Kyogre (and other neutral-natured base 90s) and when the remaining investment is thrown into bulk it happens to be just enough to avoid the KO from a Timid Primal Kyogre's Ice Beam. Hoorah.

252 SpA Primal Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Cherrim: 148-176 (83.6 - 99.4%)

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Ferrothorn has been treating me very well in a meta where GeoXern and Pogre are absolute monsters. 140 Attack and a Brave nature enables you to OHKO Pogre with Power Whip and Gyro Ball OHKOs GeoXern. The rest goes to SpDef to tank hits from these two better. Leech Seed and Leftovers rack in the recovery, especially when combined with Protect.

Cresselia @ Flame Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Psycho Shift
- Skill Swap
- Moonblast / Psychic

Psycho Shift+Flame Orb really hurts things like Mega Mawile and Mega Kangaskhan, and Skill Swap can make it even worse (especially since I can take away Huge Power/Parental Bond and give it to something like Pdon), not to mention its cool use in giving Pdon Levitate. Moonblast is better than Psychic imo because Moonblast hits darks while Psychic doesn't, but Psychic has a good STAB. You could run a lot more SDef instead of maxing out Def but the team I used this on originally had 2 setters so I had room to use max def :B.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Tri Attack
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Gravity

Gravity Cresselia from whenever they used it can now work with Porygon2 since you can just run Precipice Blades Pdon n_n. This was ripped off of the same tr team as the above Cress set so it has max sdef.
Space ducks are amazing tbh everyone should have one.

Crobat @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature / Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Super Fang
- Tailwind
- Protect / Brave Bird / Quick Guard

Stealing this one from a friend (credit to ElegyOfVGC ). Lum+Inner Focus means you don't get affected by Fake Out and you can take a Dark Void from Scarf Smeargle and safely Taunt it. Super Fang chunks things pretty well which is really useful for the Primals, and Tailwind support does good for them too. Protect can stop all impending attacks while Brave Bird gives you an attacking option and can help Crobat be a wincon. If you run Brave Bird I would recommend a Jolly nature and probably maxed Atk (max HP is just fine though).

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Cresselia @ Flame Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Psycho Shift
- Skill Swap
- Moonblast / Psychic

Psycho Shift+Flame Orb really hurts things like Mega Mawile and Mega Kangaskhan, and Skill Swap can make it even worse (especially since I can take away Huge Power/Parental Bond and give it to something like Pdon), not to mention its cool use in giving Pdon Levitate. Moonblast is better than Psychic imo because Moonblast hits darks while Psychic doesn't, but Psychic has a good STAB. You could run a lot more SDef instead of maxing out Def but the team I used this on originally had 2 setters so I had room to use max def :B.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Tri Attack
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Gravity

Gravity Cresselia from whenever they used it can now work with Porygon2 since you can just run Precipice Blades Pdon n_n. This was ripped off of the same tr team as the above Cress set so it has max sdef.
Space ducks are amazing tbh everyone should have one.

Crobat @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature / Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Super Fang
- Tailwind
- Protect / Brave Bird

Stealing this one from a friend (credit to ElegyOfVGC ). Lum+Inner Focus means you don't get affected by Fake Out and you can take a Dark Void from Scarf Smeargle and safely Taunt it. Super Fang chunks things pretty well which is really useful for the Primals, and Tailwind support does good for them too. Protect can stop all impending attacks while Brave Bird gives you an attacking option and can help Crobat be a wincon. If you run Brave Bird I would recommend a Jolly nature and probably maxed Atk (max HP is just fine though).
what do 12 SpA EVs on porygon-2 do?

You also have no mention of Quick Guard in the Crobat which is a really nice niche. I don't know where to slash it though just FYI so I can't help you with that :/
Why would you need Lum Berry if you are going to Taunt Smeargle. All this does is let your team mate get put to sleep.

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

This is the current spread I've been liking the most. Avoids being OHKOd by LO Mega Rayquaza as well as Modest Eruption Primal Groudon (and avoid being 2HKOd by it after a Geomancy, ofc).

252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 4 HP / 44 Def Xerneas: 169-200 (83.6 - 99%)
252+ SpA Primal Groudon Eruption (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 52 SpD Xerneas in Harsh Sunshine: 169-199 (83.6 - 98.5%)
252+ SpA Primal Groudon Eruption (150 BP) vs. +2 4 HP / 52 SpD Xerneas in Harsh Sunshine: 84-100 (41.5 - 49.5%)

Maximum speed is just too appealing to pass up imo. It means that at a worst case scenario you'll speed-tie with opposing Xerneas and Yveltal plus being able to outspeed everything in the crowded 90-95 benchmark is really useful especially when it means getting the SpDef boosts from Geomancy before taking a hit from Kyogre for example. A bigger problem with a slower Xerneas is the presence of things like Tailwind and Icy Wind that can really screw things up, so this alleviates that problem. The reduction in overall damage output is relatively insigificant due to how easy it is to support Xerneas in the first place with stuff like Super Fang, Fake Tears and Helping Hand to let it secure a lot more KOs plus you got Primal Groudon which threatens the majority of Xerneas checks by itself anyway.

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 172 Def / 92 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room / Thunder Wave
- Helping Hand
- Skill Swap / Gravity
- Ice Beam / Icy Wind
This EV spread prevents Cresselia being OHKOd by a +1 LO Mega Rayquaza, pretty standardish.

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 244 HP / 172 Def Cresselia: 188-224 (83.1 - 99.1%)

The "interesting" part of this set is that you're hitting an even HP stat which means Crobat's Super Fang is going to activate your Sitrus Berry. This is important because it means that after Super Fang damage you'll no longer be in range of getting KOd by stuff like Eruption Primal Groudon or a LO Mega Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent since you'll be back to 75% health.

252+ SpA Primal Groudon Eruption (150 BP) vs. 244 HP / 92+ SpD Cresselia in Harsh Sunshine: 118-141 (52.2 - 62.3%)
252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 244 HP / 172 Def Cresselia: 126-149 (55.7 - 65.9%)
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 244 HP / 92+ SpD Cresselia: 114-134 (50.4 - 59.2%)
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 244 HP / 172 Def Cresselia: 109-129 (48.2 - 57%)

But most importantly...

Cherrim @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flower Gift
EVs: 252 HP / 60 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Helping Hand
- Heal Pulse
- Protect

The cutest support for Primal Groudon. The speed investment is to outspeed a Modest Primal Kyogre (and other neutral-natured base 90s) and when the remaining investment is thrown into bulk it happens to be just enough to avoid the KO from a Timid Primal Kyogre's Ice Beam. Hoorah.

252 SpA Primal Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Cherrim: 148-176 (83.6 - 99.4%)
You should add some benchmarks for the speed on Xerneas like maybe line under the set + description just add different speed
Is your Cherrim calc with Sunny Day up? I would like to see that to.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Ferrothorn has been treating me very well in a meta where GeoXern and Pogre are absolute monsters. 140 Attack and a Brave nature enables you to OHKO Pogre with Power Whip and Gyro Ball OHKOs GeoXern. The rest goes to SpDef to tank hits from these two better. Leech Seed and Leftovers rack in the recovery, especially when combined with Protect.
I would once again post another alternate to OHKO 252 HP / 4 Def POgre since max speed isn't the only spread. I think the benchmark is 220 but can you please double check that.

I would once again post another alternate to OHKO 252 HP / 4 Def POgre since max speed isn't the only spread. I think the benchmark is 220 but can you please double check that.
Not possible to guarantee the OHKO:

252+ Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Primal Kyogre: 198-234 (95.6 - 113%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Even then, my spread has a 6.3% OHKO chance on the 252 HP spread, meaning all I need to do is get the smallest prior damage on to it, such as a Mega Kanga's Fake Out, and it's dead anyway.

You should add some benchmarks for the speed on Xerneas like maybe line under the set + description just add different speed
Is your Cherrim calc with Sunny Day up? I would like to see that to.
Max speed Xerneas IS the benchmark of the set, I'm not quite sure what you mean. As the meta develops I don't see anything less than this to have much merit due to how common Xerneas vs Xerneas matchups happen as well as being able to KO Yveltal before it gets off a Snarl, Tailwind or Knocks Off the Power Herb etc.

The cherrim calc is when Primordial Sea is up which is going to be the more likely scenario in practice. If Desolate Land is active:
252 SpA Primal Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Flower Gift Cherrim in Harsh Sunshine: 100-118 (56.4 - 66.6%)
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Flower Gift Cherrim in Harsh Sunshine: 110-130 (62.1 - 73.4%)

----

As for the Ferrothorn, it's never going to be able to guarantee the OHKO on a bulkier Primal Kyogre so sticking to getting the kill on a frailer one seems best.

252+ Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Primal Kyogre: 198-234 (95.6 - 113%)

I think the Ferrothorn spread can be optimized a bit more too. A +SpDef nature gives more efficiency than a +Atk nature due to the higher base stat.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 100 HP / 228 Atk / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

This spread guarantees the OHKO on a minimal bulk Primal Kyogre, has enough HP investment to avoid being OHKOd by LO Mega Rayquaza and putting the rest into SpDef gives it a slightly easier time taking hits from Primal Kyogre and Xerneas which is the main reason to be using this mon.

228 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Primal Kyogre: 176-210 (100.5 - 120%)
252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 100 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 136-161 (83.9 - 99.3%)
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 100 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 135-159 (83.3 - 98.1%)

And the comparison of the two spreads:
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 116 SpD Ferrothorn in Heavy Rain: 59-69 (32.5 - 38.1%)
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 100 HP / 180+ SpD Ferrothorn in Heavy Rain: 51-60 (31.4 - 37%)

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Not possible to guarantee the OHKO:

252+ Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Primal Kyogre: 198-234 (95.6 - 113%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Even then, my spread has a 6.3% OHKO chance on the 252 HP spread, meaning all I need to do is get the smallest prior damage on to it, such as a Mega Kanga's Fake Out, and it's dead anyway.
The spread I was using was a 50% chance to OHKO, my mistake
Max speed Xerneas IS the benchmark of the set, I'm not quite sure what you mean. As the meta develops I don't see anything less than this to have much merit due to how common Xerneas vs Xerneas matchups happen as well as being able to KO Yveltal before it gets off a Snarl, Tailwind or Knocks Off the Power Herb etc.

The cherrim calc is when Primordial Sea is up which is going to be the more likely scenario in practice. If Desolate Land is active:
252 SpA Primal Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Flower Gift Cherrim in Harsh Sunshine: 100-118 (56.4 - 66.6%)
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Flower Gift Cherrim in Harsh Sunshine: 110-130 (62.1 - 73.4%)

----

As for the Ferrothorn, it's never going to be able to guarantee the OHKO on a bulkier Primal Kyogre so sticking to getting the kill on a frailer one seems best.

252+ Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Primal Kyogre: 198-234 (95.6 - 113%)

I think the Ferrothorn spread can be optimized a bit more too. A +SpDef nature gives more efficiency than a +Atk nature due to the higher base stat.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 100 HP / 228 Atk / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

This spread guarantees the OHKO on a minimal bulk Primal Kyogre, has enough HP investment to avoid being OHKOd by LO Mega Rayquaza and putting the rest into SpDef gives it a slightly easier time taking hits from Primal Kyogre and Xerneas which is the main reason to be using this mon.

228 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Primal Kyogre: 176-210 (100.5 - 120%)
252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 100 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 136-161 (83.9 - 99.3%)
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 100 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 135-159 (83.3 - 98.1%)

And the comparison of the two spreads:
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 116 SpD Ferrothorn in Heavy Rain: 59-69 (32.5 - 38.1%)
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 100 HP / 180+ SpD Ferrothorn in Heavy Rain: 51-60 (31.4 - 37%)
I am going to steal that Ferrothorn set.
What I meant was some other choices for benchmarks like maybe outspeeding primals before Geo or a +1 Mega Ray after Geo that type of stuff. Not neccesarily for the set but sort of as a reference

thanks for your contributions it means a lot n_n

I am going to steal that Ferrothorn set.
What I meant was some other choices for benchmarks like maybe outspeeding primals before Geo or a +1 Mega Ray after Geo that type of stuff. Not neccesarily for the set but sort of as a reference

thanks for your contributions it means a lot n_n
For the sake of including some variety in the spreads, outspeeding the primals before any boosts is probably the lowest I'd wanna go because it means getting the extra bulk from Geomancy before being hit by Origin Pulse / Water Spout / Eruption / Earth Power which will pretty much always be relevant since you can expect one of them to be on practically every team. Outspeeding them w/ Geomancy even if they have Tailwind support is nice too. Whether the Xerneas is Timid or Modest depends on if you wanna outspeed a neutral-natured or positive-natured primal. When Modest you'll still be outspeeding stuff like non-Scarf Smeargle so all is well.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 4 HP / 44 Def / 220 SpA / 52 SpD / 188 Spe
Timid / Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

If the aim is to just include as many spread variations as possible I guess changes to the bulk can be made as well, for instance you could bump the Def investment to 52 EVs which prevents the KO from Mega Mawile after an Intimidate. The problem with those kinds of spreads though is that they're pretty team-specific.

-1 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 52 Def Xerneas: 168-200 (83.1 - 99%)

what do 12 SpA EVs on porygon-2 do?

You also have no mention of Quick Guard in the Crobat which is a really nice niche. I don't know where to slash it though just FYI so I can't help you with that :/
Why would you need Lum Berry if you are going to Taunt Smeargle. All this does is let your team mate get put to sleep.
in bo1's scarf dark void smeargle is annoying so lum is neat on crobat but other items work too (some are better but there's that item clause :()
12 spa on p2 was just the recommended spread, it doesn't do anything that i know of but a better spread might come up when the meta is a bit more clearly defined.

The first two are reposts from the other thread. Though, I think I'm gonna have to start running Lum Berry Crobat.

Sableye @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SpDef
Nature: Calm/Sassy
Ability: Prankster
- Quash
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp/Taunt
- Swagger/Taunt

Prankster Quash makes the target go dead last allowing Sableye's partner to kill it. Foul Play is the only attack Sableye should ever use and do good damage to high Atk Pokemon. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers (besides Primal Groudon) and Swagger gives Special attackers only a 50% chance to act. Taunt can be used for Pokemon like Smeargle and Amoongus and against Trick Room setters. Mental Herb+Taunt lets Sableye beat other Prankster Pokemon. Sassy can be used to be slower in Trick Room.

Max HP and 20 Def lets Sableye always survive Primal Groudon's Precipice Blades. This also allows Sableye to always survive LO Talonflame's Brave Bird (if anyone's actually running LO). The remaining EVs are put into SpDef, which lets Sableye always survive a Draco Meteor from Modest Giratina-O and Timid Scarf Kyurem-W as well as giving it a 62.5% chance to survive Primal Kyogre's Origin Pulse.

Crobat @ Mental Herb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 220 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Super Fang
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Quick Guard

Super Fang cuts one enemy's HP in half which lets Crobat's partner turn a 2HKO into a OHKO. Tailwind helps for Speed control and Taunt is mostly used on Xerneas since it can't run a Mental Herb like Trick Room Pokemon could. Quick Guard blocks Fake Out and other priority attacks and pretty much shuts down Prankster Pokemon.

The EVs let you outspeed Weavile, which is the fastest Fake Out Pokemon besides an already Mega'd Lopunny and Ludicolo in the Rain. I honestly don't see a reason to run max Speed since you can't Super Fang Gengar, you're risking a 50/50 against Mewtwo, and Taunt won't do a whole lot to either of them. The HP and Def EVs let you survive Jolly Mega Kangaskhan's Double Edge and you can still take a +2 Xerneas's Moonblast as well. 116 HP / 252 Def / 140 Spe could also be used to outspeed Mega Rayquaza and survive a Primal Groudon's Stone Edge. You'll still have a good chance to die from Overheat pretty much no matter how you EV Crobat, though.

Mental Herb blocks Taunt which can cripple you and Inner Focus stops Fake Out from flinching you. I think these are the moves most people are running, but I remember seeing Whirlwind at one point as well.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 60 HP/4 Def/252 SpAtk/4 SpDef/188 Spe
Nature: Modest/Timid
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Max SpAtk for maximum damage with 188 Spe to outspeed same Nature Primals. 60 HP/4 Def allows you to always survive Jolly LO Mega Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent where just 68 HP wouldn't. The remaining 4 EVs are put into SpDef to slightly increase its Special bulk.

Edit:

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect
This EV spread is actually inefficient. 60 HP / 4 Def / 172 SpAtk / 20 SpDef / 252 Spe is the most efficient for those three calcs.

Last edited:

Crobat @ Mental Herb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 220 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Super Fang
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Quick Guard

Super Fang cuts one enemy's HP in half which lets Crobat's partner turn a 2HKO into a OHKO. Tailwind helps for Speed control and Taunt is mostly used on Xerneas since it can't run a Mental Herb like Trick Room Pokemon could. Quick Guard blocks Fake Out and other priority attacks and pretty much shuts down Prankster Pokemon.

The EVs let you outspeed Weavile, which is the fastest Fake Out Pokemon besides an already Mega'd Lopunny and Ludicolo in the Rain. I honestly don't see a reason to run max Speed since you can't Super Fang Gengar, you're risking a 50/50 against Mewtwo, and Taunt won't do a whole lot to either of them. The HP and Def EVs let you survive Jolly Mega Kangaskhan's Double Edge and you can still take a +2 Xerneas's Moonblast as well. 116 HP / 252 Def / 140 Spe could also be used to outspeed Mega Rayquaza and survive a Primal Groudon's Stone Edge. You'll still have a good chance to die from Overheat pretty much no matter how you EV Crobat, though.

Mental Herb blocks Taunt which can cripple you and Inner Focus stops Fake Out from flinching you. I think these are the moves most people are running, but I remember seeing Whirlwind at one point as well.
Since you aren't running an attack that is based on your actual attack stat, you could probably afford to run this with a Timid nature and 0 Atk IVs so Yveltal's Foul Play does less damage to you.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh @ Charcoal/Sitrus Berry/Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Protect/Recover

This is an offensive Tailwind Ho-Oh that I've been using and it's actually not too bad. Ho-Oh is probably one of (if not THE) best offensive Xerneas checks in the game, thanks to its HP Ground immunity, Fairy resistance and a beefy 154 SpDef stat. Sacred Fires, especially when boosted by Desolate Land + whatever item you're using, can mess a lot of Pokemon up with its devastating 50% burn chance. Brave Bird 2HKOs most Primal Kyogres, making them not the safest of switchins. If you're feeling ballsy enough to not run Protect, Recover provides you a self-healing option over Roost so that you don't lose your Flying typing.

The speed EVs ensure you outpace +1 Adamant Mega Rayquaza after Tailwind and you're able to prevent the 2HKO from +2 Xerneas's Moonblast with the HP investment. In all honesty, the EVs, nature and item are interchangeable. You could go for a bulkier spread to enable you to survive a Modest Primal Kyogre's spread Origin Pulse in Primordial Sea, which is 252 HP / 60 SpDef with a Careful nature (spread made by Kyle Cole on YouTube ).

252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 60+ SpD Ho-Oh in Heavy Rain: 176-210 (82.6 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Item choices may vary. I've been using Charcoal over Life Orb because for one thing, I already had a LO user on the team anyway and I didn't like the idea of BB + LO recoil stacking up. Sitrus Berry is also viable, especially on a bulkier set, which lets you stick around for a little longer for more opportunities to set up Tailwind.

Last edited:

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Land's Wrath
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower

The forgotten one ;w;
This set is something I used on a joke team but I actually kind of like it. It outspeeds all of the base 90s no matter how much speed they run and it can hit them PRETTY DAMN HARD. Land's Wrath was supposed to work with Gravity Sableye the same way you would use Primal Groudon, but this one isn't weak to other Primal Groudons/Yveltal and outspeeds both (unless ur running max speed Yveltal). The differences are below
+Zygarde hits harder when boosted by a Choice Band than Primal Groudon does without any boosts.
+Zygarde can deal with Yveltal much better.
+Zygarde has a form of priority.
+Zygarde can't MISS with its spread ground move.
+Zygarde can actually live a +2 Dazzling Gleam from Xerneas which is odd, but it obviously doesn't live Moonblast...
+Zygarde doesn't lose to Primal Kyogre as hard :OO
-Zygarde has to run Choice Band (maybe it can use Life Orb but I haven't tried yet).
-Zygarde reverses the aura's effects for friendly Pokemon as well, meaning weakened Kang and Mawile Suckers while the opposing Yveltal is out, or weakened Mawile Play Roughs while Xerneas is out.
-Zygarde is annoyingly weak if the Choice Band is removed.
-Zygarde has a worse matchup against Xerneas than Primal Groudon (probably the biggest reason to not use it).
-Zygarde can't switch into Origin Pulse/Water Spout as easily as Primal Groudon.
-Zygarde loses to Mega Rayquaza instead of just being pestered by it like Primal Groudon (though Dragon STAB is required on Mega Ray for this one to be true).

Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Just a little twist on the standard Low Kick Kangaskhan. Low Kick only hits Dialga and maybe Kyurem really hard, but Fire Punch can get a Sun boost while also hitting Mawile super effectively, making the matchup much easier instead of "whoops I let Kanga get OHKOd by Play Rough after doing like 20% with Low Kick, oh well".

Xerneas @ Life Orb / Pixie Plate
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect
- Misty Terrain

Not really one of those Geoxerns but it can hit pretty hard without the boosts and do something useful for its teammates in making them immune to Dark Void/Spore/Will-o-wisp/Thunder Wave which is really cool tbh (it doesn't stop opposing Mega Rayquaza and Mega Salamence from being Will-o-wisp'd though!). It also weakens Dragon attacks I guess but those are really only seen on Mega Salamence/Zekrom/Reshiram (the last two aren't that common anyway).

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Will-O-Wisp
- Tailwind

Cool mon imo. This set is supposed to outspeed the other Dragons and hit them hard with STAB Griseous Orb boosted Draco Meteors, as well as be completely immune to attacks from Kangaskhan/resist attacks from Primal Groudon and spread burns. Tailwind is something I use as a main form of speed control.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

It's not been posted yet so I put it here. Sludge Bomb actually hits Mega Kangaskhan and P2 and is SE against Xerneas, but loses out on hitting Aegislash. Taunt+Shadow Tag is annoying af as always, as an Xerneas may not be able to get set up. Will-o-wisp onto Mega Kangaskhan is also useful.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot / Ice Beam / Mat Block*
- Protect

Starting this off with Mat Block
~~~
*Mat Block has gotten a lot of shit, and let's face it it's really not that good lol. It has never won anything and may never win anything, especially when the only people that use it seriously have yet to realize that Mat Block cannot block Fake Out and has no priority, but when Fake Out isn't present you can just Mat Block and set up a geoxern behind it I guess. It's just a thought to retry Mat Block, and it may not be good at all, but it may be worth something since we now have the best setup mon ever introduced into VGC.
~~~
Hydro can hit... Primal Groudon I guess. Gunk Shot hits Xerneas (no KO though). Grass Knot can hit heavy things like Primal Groudon in Sun or Primal Kyogre, and by changing type it becomes resistant to Precipice Blades/Origin Pulse/Thunder. Ice Beam can hit Mega Ray (not that hard though), and Protect is obv.
This mon sucks lol. I would use it with Rayquaza and try to scout out without Mega Evolving a few turns to get the right KOs (i.e. Air Lock against the Heavy Sun or Strong Winds to let Greninja get KOs).

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
okay guys I have a lot on my table at the moment but I am not going to request you stop submitting sets. Since this is sort of a resource though I am going to request we hit some of the big things in VGC at the moment that don't have any submitted sets. I will have a list right here of things you guys could do for the time being.
  • Aegislash
  • Mega Mawile
  • Liepard
  • Mega Salamence
  • Thundurus
  • Landorus-T
  • Dialga
  • Kyurem Black and White
  • Mewtwo (mega and LO)
  • Giritina-A
  • Palkia
  • Zekrom

I did not include Reshiram and Kyurem because I personally think they are completely outclassed but if you want to write one for them go right ahead. You can also reserve these but one you do get a set don't post again but rather edit the post with the reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)