Setting Up Server

Hi, I'm fairly new to the server hosting thing. I was wondering is this the right place ti ask for help in setting up my own server? If not, where could I get help? Thanks, and sorry fo the disturb!

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Hi, I'm fairly new to the server hosting thing. I was wondering is this the right place ti ask for help in setting up my own server? If not, where could I get help? Thanks, and sorry fo the disturb!
Step 1: Run the server with the instructions in the readme.
Step 2: Port-forward the server (there are many tutorials on google).
Step 3: Keep the server up.
Step 4: You now have a server

If you are new to server hosting and don't know how to do it, I suggest you should not open a server. Help is given in the "Read Me" file, and tutorials are on the internet. n-n

I actually got it to work, but since it only works as long as my PC is on I was wondering how could I make an online one. I carefully read the dedicated section on GitHub, and watched a tutorial, but I can't find how to host it on an online server. Any help is appreciated!
If you are new to server hosting and don't know how to do it, I suggest you should not open a server. Help is given in the "Read Me" file, and tutorials are on the internet. n-n
But if don't try to understand I'll never be able to properly setup a server...

EDIT.: Could you tell me how can I name my server (instead of using [myIP].psim.us)? Thx ^^

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I actually got it to work, but since it only works as long as my PC is on I was wondering how could I make an online one. I carefully read the dedicated section on GitHub, and watched a tutorial, but I can't find how to host it on an online server. Any help is appreciated!

EDIT.: Could you tell me how can I name my server (instead of using [myIP].psim.us)? Thx ^^
Ask the internet how to port-forward, as there are many ways of doing it. This will get your server online.
Naming your server requires it to be fully public, which requires 36 hours of uptime and maybe a few other things.

You need to have your IP to start off with. Then after two days of uptime, go to the Showdown IRC and they will set it up for you. Click HERE to go to the IRC.

Hope this helps.

Sorry if I'm sooo late but I had been quite busy these days... Ok, so I'll ask to setup my server in the IRC channel. Thanks a lot!!!
P.S. I know I'm pretty retarded, but I don't think that port forwarding will keep my server always online. I was wondering how to make sure that anyone can use it when my PC is off. Maybe I'm stupid but I still didn't understand how :/

Of course nobody will be able to use it when the server is off... I would suggest following Opple's suggestion above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)