1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Sevrah's Indianapolis Warstory

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Sevrah, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Sevrah

Sevrah

Hey Smogon =D My name is Sevrah. I had an amazing time at the US Pokemon Video Game Nationals. In the end, I won 5 games, and lost 3. There was barely any hax in any of the matches, which made me happy.

My Team

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I honestly tried to do use more uncommon Pokemon this time compared to Philly where my team was Hitmontop, Zapdos, Metagross, Latios, Cresselia, and Gastrodon. Lol. Instead of Latios, I used Latias, Instead of Zados, I used Thundurus. I am really trying to step it up to use less common Pokes. In the end, I don't think I even used Chandelure once. He's way to frail and dies to everything. ._.

People I Saw
    -Biffster
    -Huy
    -Firestorm
    -Evan
    -TheGr8
    -Scott
    -AquaKyogr3
    -The Arnolds Family
    -Mosquito

(PM me if I talked to you too)

[​IMG]
    PROS

Getting to meet a TON of people from Smogon.
    Decent hotel food
    Talking to people 'bout Pokemanz
    Learning a bit more 'bout Pokemanz
    Screens
    Winning Side events
    1st National event I've participated in! =D

[​IMG]
    CONS
    Where was Shofu?
    Leaving Sunday morning so I couldn't see the final matches.

Matches

Match 1: (1/0) I was up against what seemed to be a standard sand team. She was pretty good, she knew what she was doing. The Pokemon that I picked were perfect against sand teams though. :/

Match 2: (1/1) This time around I battled a standard rain team. Outside of Gastrodon my team pretty much loses against Rain (Ludicolo also has to be dead). I never payed attention to his Ludicolo much so when my Gastrodon came out I was pretty screwed. I gave my Gastrodon about 60 Sp. Def EVs so it could survive at least one Life Orbed giga drain from it but it got a crit. I was still almost certain that I would of lost though.

Match 3: (2/1)

Match 4: (2/2)

Match 5: (3/2)

Match 6: (3/3)

Match 7: (4/3)

Match 8: (5/3) This time around I battled a kid with middle tier VGC Pokemon (Scrafty, Haxorus, Suicune, etc) It was a great game, zero hax besides a useless fake out crit. I was really happy at the end of the game seeing that I won more games then I lost.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)