ORAS OU shake it up

This is my first team, and my first properly made rmt. any advice you guys have would be lovely.

My team:

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Grass Knot / Bullet punch
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
What this team was built around, essentially. As usual, he's there to hammer fairies and clean late game after his couters have been weakened. I chose his teammates specially to either take advantage of this, as you'll see shortly. His move set is designed for the best coverage.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Earth Power
This varient of heatran is designed to take the fire type moves that devastate my Metagross, as well as to set up stealth rocks. he is also designed to remove ferrothorn, who makes megagross's life difficult. he also dents opposing (non-baloon) heatrans.

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor/ Protect
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
While highly unconventional, I have found Hydregion and megagross have good synergy. I realized that my team had no special attacking mons whatsoever, so i added him. much of his utility comes from the fact that no one expects this set, and that he has excellent coverage. considering removing draco meteor in favor of protect so he doesn't die to S-ef coverage moves.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
Landorus is the team pivot that can keep momentum going in the right direction, as well as keep the stealth rocks up.
he makes an excellent lead, because he can survive most coverage moves and get the sr up. after that, he is a good general pivot, and multipurpose attacker.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Toxic
my supporter. primarly designed to slow opponent's sweepers with burns and reduce the effectiveness of stall by forcing them to heal status and knock off their leftovers. One of the main mons who can bluff his mega evolution. his dual status is useful in fooling opponents who can easily handle the other.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower
Azu is obviously an incredible setup sweeper, and has great synergy for everyone on this team.
thanks to his teammates, he can get up a bd with relative ease, and proceed to weaken teams so that metagross can clean later. he is equally valuable in wallbreaking (in a pinch, since I'd prefer to use him as a set-up sweeper.)

Please note that I don't know how to change the stupid font size, cause if i did you'd all probably have a much easier time reading it!

Hi there! I would like to give your team a few suggestions to try to improve it, as I think it has some potential.

• As of right now, Sableye is not really all that viable in OU without using it as a mega. Here is what I suggest as a good replacement pokemon.
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split/Rest

Rotom-Wash is a great pokemon overall. Its defensive set allows it to take hits from physical attackers, and also it makes great use of Will-O-Wisp. It runs 44 Speed EVs to barely outspeed max speed Jolly Azumarill and burn it, and still have good physical bulk. Pain Split/Rest are also for obvious recovery.
  • You're running max Special Attack EVs on a defensive Heatran. Never do that. For Heatran, I would suggest a simple 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD EV spread, as well as a Calm nature. This spread allows Heatran to take special hits very well, and also gives it more bulk for using Stealth Rock. Run 0 IVs in Attack on Heatran to take minimum damage from confusion and Foul Play. Also, I would suggest replacing Earth Power with Roar, as Roar can stop set up pokemon, and also Earth Power is not necessary on defensive Heatran, as Landorus-T already has the use of a strong EQ.
  • Change your Landorus-T set, as you really don't need 2 Stealth Rock users on your team, with Landorus-T being the less efficient one in ways. Run Choice Scarf over Leftovers on Landorus-T, as that makes it an amazing scout pokemon, as well as having it be very fast with the advantage of quick U-turn use. Run a 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe EV spread on it. This spread allows you to outspeed Jolly scarf Excadrill, Timid scarf Rotom-Wash (trick user), and +1 Adamant Charizard-X, while still having a bit of physical bulk invested in it. As for the replacement of Stealth Rock, run Stone Edge on it instead. Stone Edge goes amazingly well with Landorus-T, as it is a great check to birdspam, and is common in the Quake-Edge set.
  • One of the things that your team is lacking is a defogger. A majority of teams needs a pokemon that can get rid of hazards, so I would suggest using Latias over Hydreigon on your team. Here is the set for it.
Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Latias is a great pokemon overall. Draco Meteor and Psyshock serve as great STAB moves that can do good damage with Life Orb, while access to Defog gives you an advantage over hazards. Latias also is a fairly bulky pokemon, so it can take some hits. Healing Wish is also there for a good support move to other pokemon that you have. (For example, one of your pokemon that you want to keep is at low health, so healing wish is perfect for healing it then) For the Hydreigon replacement, I went for Latias because Hydreigon is really not as useful in OU as some other pokemon are, mainly because of its overall speed being lower than other special attackers. Latias is better because it is faster, and also gets Defog access.

Well that's all I have for your team. I hope my suggestions helped it out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)