Metagame Shared Power [Under Re-Construction!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the reason why Deo-D was banned in the first place (http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...enation-of-the-wretched.3509824/#post-5540411) idk if this is really a good reason. It's ability to stack hazards would, in theory, be done even better thanks to it having 5 additional abilities to work with and Magic Bounce is unable to be shared meaning it cant be stopped really easily. also since this meta likely will be warped around stacking tons of abilities on offensive mons and bulldozing the enemy, Deo-D will probably enable this uncontrollable playstyle to be incredible, potentially even overwhelming.
It’s ability to stack hazards is much, much less appreciated due to the overwhelming presence of Magic Guard. Seriously, Clefable is looking to become an S Ranked Pokemon in this metagame because Magic Guard just invalidates hazard stacking as a playstyle entirely. While it may still be a niche choice with everything getting Defiant and all, few teams will run Defog because they just don’t need it. If anything, the only hazard that really threatens teams in this metagame is Sticky Web, due to the lack of defoggers and HO nature of the meta.

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
I just tried this metagame out and I think Contrary is insane in this meta

Victini paired with Shuckle and a speed boosting core such as Tapu Koko +Alolan Raichu allows Victini to continuously spam V-Create over and over again without worrying about its speed, which is made up by Electric Terrain + Surge Surfer, or its power. By clicking V-Create, you boost your speed, and offensive stats over and over again and when your stats go over the top you click Stored Power.

Another Pokemon that can abuse Contrary well is Mega Latios. Draco Meteor along with speed support gives it the potential to sweep teams by clicking it over and over again.

I think that it's wayy too early in the meta whether to decide if Contrary's broken or not but as the metagame develops I could see it warranting a suspect test or even a quick ban.

Just found the most cancer thing in the world.

Pikachu / Smthing with Magic Guard/Smthing with Sturdy/Komala/Sand Rush/Smthing with Scrappy

Pikachu @ Shell Bell
Ability: Static
Level: 1
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed

Look at this dude.
Yall already know how this works.
Enemy hits, Endure, Endeavor. Gets all HP back, Extreme Speed it.

Oponents cant try to Leech Seed it or indirect damage it, Magic Guard.
Oponents cant try to sleep it, Comatose.
Oponents cant try to set sandstorm (chip damage of sandstorm), Sand Rush.
Oponents cant bring a ghost type, Scrappy.
Oponents cant attack normaly, Endeavor.

The only thing they could do to defeat it is to set Hail, use Extreme Speed on it, use Atract on it, use a Multi-Hit move.
Yep, only 4 ways. One of those is *extremely* unviable, Atract. Hail and Multi-Hit arent common, and Extreme Speed... Dragonite gets it, so +1 of the million reasons to use Dragonite. He will be the only viable check to this monster.

This is the most broken thing in the whole meta, no doubt.
Something must be done, otherwise every team will be forced to use Dragonite.
You realize that this is 100% stopped by literally anything with passive recovery right? Endeavor will bring them to 1 HP, then they recover, and ESpeed fails to net the kill. You can't really rely on passive damage from weather to net the kill either since you've already used your alloted team slots, and Magic Guard is everywhere. The opponent doesn't even need to attack if they have regenerator, they can just switch repeatedly until ESpeed or Endeavor runs out of PP.

It's not broken, it's not even good. (Not to be a dick, but FEAR-ish strategies are predictable and only really good for surprise factor, and I hate them ;P)

Alright, so based on this meta's heavy emphasis on speed control n stuff, I decided to make some Electerrain + Surge Surfer + Drizzle + Swift Swim + Dazzling cancer

http://pokepast.es/bc69e6546ee1a661

EDIT: Modified to deal with stall and FEAR better

http://pokepast.es/01c194612c6bd8d8

Basically the entire point of this team is to get hit less often. I mean, if you can KO everything while outspeeding everything, what is there to fear?

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/6f19eabaf9a337f3

Here's a team I made based around making Weavile as annoying as possible, but every mon serves a purpose. I've only played one game with it so I'm not sure how effective it is, but I can tell you it's potential for annoyance and raw damage output is off the chain.

Icicle Crash doesn't get the Tough Claws boost so punch is actually more powerful, as well as more accurate. Bite covers flinchhax anyway and is more powerful thanks to Technician so I'll take the 20% freeze chance.

pazza

Banned deucer.
Are -ates supposed work like this?There randomly picking which one to use.
Screenshot_2017-12-17_08-50-12.png
Screenshot_2017-12-17_08-48-56.png
Screenshot_2017-12-17_08-48-07.png
Btw sorry for messy pictures :c

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
Reactions: nv

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
If they have an ability that clashes with another of your abilities, the Pokemon in the first slot is going to go first. Judging by the effectiveness, it was Pinsir-Mega, meaning Rock Types are Resistant and Bug Types are Weak to it.
I don't think that's how it works. Sylveon switched from Not Very Effective to neutral against the same mon in 2 turns. It is indeed randomly picking.

I don't think that's how it works. Sylveon switched from Not Very Effective to neutral against the same mon in 2 turns. It is indeed randomly picking.
You’re right. It’s not supposed to do that. The way it’s supposed to work is that the first Pokemon in the team takes priority.

Oddly enough, weather and terrain seem to work exactly like they should. If Tyranitar is my first Pokemon and Pelipper is my last, it goes from Sand -> Rain as it should.

Levitate is also not working correctly. Latios does not spread Levitate to its teammates. All other immunity abilities work, however.

Sheer Force appears to be bugged or not spreading. Pokemon with Life Orb are still taking recoil damage after using a move like Liquidation, despite Nidoking being on the team.

The Sand Rush/Swift Swim/Chlorophyll boost does NOT display on all Pokemon when the respective weather is active, but it is still there.

Megas aren’t working as they should either. It’s currently always stuck on the pre-mega ability, so Altaria will always offer Cloud Nine even after Mega Evolving and not Pixilate.

Imposter teams are really funny, but yeah they work like how they should work.

Those are the only bugs I’ve been able to find. Please post it here if you find any more!!

You realize that this is 100% stopped by literally anything with passive recovery right? Endeavor will bring them to 1 HP, then they recover, and ESpeed fails to net the kill. You can't really rely on passive damage from weather to net the kill either since you've already used your alloted team slots, and Magic Guard is everywhere. The opponent doesn't even need to attack if they have regenerator, they can just switch repeatedly until ESpeed or Endeavor runs out of PP.

It's not broken, it's not even good. (Not to be a dick, but FEAR-ish strategies are predictable and only really good for surprise factor, and I hate them ;P)
Well, if the opoent has a recover option, then you just click endeavor again, re-gain all of your health back.
A lv1 pikachu with no IVs has 11 HP. This means that it to full heal, the oponent would need to have, at least, 88 HP.
So, if Leftovers gives at least 88HP, then you would go back to full heal. Basicaly, its hard to defeat this guy.
And still, HO will be everywhere, and I dont think they will use Leftovers.

Buuuuut comatose has droped, so meh lets forget about this.

Glad this meta got approved, having great fun with it so far. I made a few teams. Disclaimer: I have no idea how good they are(n't), as I've only been able to test them against the Bot and one person who was very tired.

Magic Guard Offensive

Importable
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Conversion
- Recover

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Ice Shard

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Mind Blown
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Description
Clefable is the standard Stealth Rock set - brings Magic Guard, Stealth Rock and paralysis support to my team. Magic Guard is the crux of my team - it lets Charizard and Blacephalon use recoil free Flare Blitz and Mind Blown, respectively. Porygon-Z is one of my 2 sweepers - it brings Adaptability to the rest of the team. Standard Z Conversion, although I personally prefer Electric type to Ghost type as it has a stronger STAB and only 1 weakness. Charizard is my second sweeper. Tough Claws + Adaptability is absolutely insane, and again Flare Blitz is recoil free thanks to Magic Guard! Weavile is a fast wallbreaker - Tough Claws + Adaptability and a recoil free Life Orb let it hit very hard and very fast. Blacephalon can also revenge stuff, and also sweep late game. Recoil free, 300 BP Mind Blowns will put huge holes in any team that doesn't have Flash Fire. It also provides Beast Boost, letting Charizard and Porygon-Z snowball once they've got a KO or 2. Skarmory provides me with Spikes support and, more importantly, Sturdy. Thanks to Magic Guard + Sturdy my entire team pretty much has a free Focus Sash at all times.

Grass Pelt Balanced

Importable
Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Gogoat @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Grass Pelt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Milk Drink
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 152 Def / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Necrozma @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 228 HP / 44 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Stored Power
- Moonlight

Description

The most defensive team I have ever made. Tapu Bulu is a nice wallbreaker, and lets my team summon Grassy Terrain. Gogoat is honestly shit, but nothing else gets Grass Pelt. Toxapex is damn near unbreakable with Grassy Terrain negating its weakness to Earthquake, and the double recovery of Black Sludge and the Terrain. Max Special Defence, because Grass Pelt already boosts its defence. Gliscor provides my team with Poison Heal, giving stall teams an incredibly tough time breaking me. Heatran provides Flash Fire, giving Tapu Bulu an easier time setting up. Lastly, Necrozma is my main sweeper. It gives my team Prism Armour, making them even harder to break. Poison Heal fixes the problems it usually faces - being status bait. Stored Power is used so that I can break through Unaware users.

Rain Hyper Offensive

Importable
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Hurricane
- Roost

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Xurkitree @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

Description

Pretty straightforward stuff: Pelliper gives Drizzle, Mega Swampert gives Swift Swim letting my team outrun pretty much everything (if the bug's been worked out), Manaphy gives Hydration, giving stall teams a lot of trouble as they can't status me in rain, Tapu Lele gives Psychic Terrain and is a strong wallbreaker in general - being immune to priority is nice. Rain + Swift Swim gives Xurkitree a nice Speed boost and perfectly accurate Thunders. It also gives my team Beast Boost. Lastly, Tornadus-T is a fast Hurricane spammer and also provides Regenerator.

No replays ATM, but all 3 seem solid on paper.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Blacephalon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Mind Blown
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Crustle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

So this team is fun. It basically abuses a nice combo in Sturdy + MG + Defiant + Weak Armor. If you don't know, weak armor drops actually trigger defiant, which means that if you get attacked by a physical move you get a solid +2 Atk, +2 Spe at the cost of -1 Def. This goes very well with Sturdy and MG, since it allows you to either force physical mons to not attack and allow you to set up, or for them to set you up. The team has a bit of trouble dealing with opposing sturdy, unaware, and Kyu-B. Kyu-B in particular is the largest threat to this team, since Haxorus doesn't have too much trouble breaking stally teams where you're likely to run into unaware, and if you're facing sturdy, they have to have MG to not fall prey to hazards, especially because defog triggers defiant.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7sharedpower-198405
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7sharedpower-198402
Only really bothering to include this replay vs the bot since it showcases how much this team can snowball if allowed to.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7sharedpower-198383

sin(pi)

lucky n bad

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Rain + Technician bulky offense

pelipper.png
kingdra.png
heliolisk.png
scizor-mega.png
jirachi.png
bruxish.png

My only replay is against the bot (which is easily swept) but whatever :
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7sharedpower-198416

> Importable <

The basic idea of this team is to use moves that are usually left behinds by boosting them with technician and serene grace. I use moves like Charge Beam, Poison Fang and Hearth Stamp, which couldn't be used othewise. The rain is there to support the team by giving speed and recovery to every mon. Even though this team might seem gimmick, it can be pretty strong when well used.

Rain + Technician bulky offense

View attachment 93363View attachment 93365View attachment 93366View attachment 93367View attachment 93369View attachment 93370

My only replay is against the bot (which is easily swept) but whatever :
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7sharedpower-198416

> Importable <

The basic idea of this team is to use moves that are usually left behinds by boosting them with technician and serene grace. I use moves like Charge Beam, Poison Fang and Hearth Stamp, which couldn't be used othewise. The rain is there to support the team by giving speed and recovery to every mon. Even though this team might seem gimmick, it can be pretty strong when well used.
Hey, you can use the replay I have against you, since I think you were using that team.

Love this meta so far but there's a massive elephant in the room atm:

Imposter is currently shareable, and you copy ALL of your opponent's abilities. Nothing fancy about this, it's incredibly difficult to imposterproof your team while also preparing for weather, terrain, stall, etc. Chansey is absurdly bulky as is everything else, pls quickban.

Super unpolished team structure

Sample: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7sharedpower-198408
That's a glitch, the OP says Transform/Imposter is only supposed to copy the native ability of the opponent's active Pokémon. Once the bug is fixed, I don't think Imposter will be quickban worthy (though it might still be worthy of a suspect at some point), since you won't have the same ability synergy as other teams.

So I was wondering what people would think about going for an immunity spam team just to annoy everyone?

-Heatran (Flash Fire)
-Rhyperior (Lightningrod)
-Gastrodon (Storm Drain)
-Azumarill (Sap Sipper)
-Mismagius, Latios, Latios, Uxie, Azelf, Cresselia or even Vikavolt (Levitate + a Fighting resist - can use Washtom if a Fighting resist isn't needed due to 6th slot)
-The 6th slot is very flexible. You can go with Soundproof to beat Boomburst Spam, Dazzling/QM to ignore priority like FakeSpeed -ate spamming, Magic Guard to ignore hazards, toxic and to some extent Burn, Thick Fat to weaken Ice moves, Bulletproof to ignore things like Sludge Bomb and Shadow Ball or whatever (goes well with some of the levitate providers and Azu), Cloud Nine to take Weather out of the equation, Protean to make hitting your mons SE even more annoying, or just a good offensive ability to patch up that weakness.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
So I was wondering what people would think about going for an immunity spam team just to annoy everyone?

-Heatran (Flash Fire)
-Rhyperior (Lightningrod)
-Gastrodon (Storm Drain)
-Azumarill (Sap Sipper)
-Mismagius, Latios, Latios, Uxie, Azelf, Cresselia or even Vikavolt (Levitate + a Fighting resist - can use Washtom if a Fighting resist isn't needed due to 6th slot)
-The 6th slot is very flexible. You can go with Soundproof to beat Boomburst Spam, Dazzling/QM to ignore priority like FakeSpeed -ate spamming, Magic Guard to ignore hazards, toxic and to some extent Burn, Thick Fat to weaken Ice moves, Bulletproof to ignore things like Sludge Bomb and Shadow Ball or whatever (goes well with some of the levitate providers and Azu), Cloud Nine to take Weather out of the equation, Protean to make hitting your mons SE even more annoying, or just a good offensive ability to patch up that weakness.
I tested it and, tbh, it's not that good. More gimmick than anything else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)