Shell Break

Discussion in 'Dragonspiral Tower' started by TombolaMan, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Engineer Pikachu

Engineer Pikachu Good morning, you bastards!
    is a Contributor to Smogon

But if you entire point of giving Bagon/Shelgon is flavor, then it doesn't fit for Bagon to learn Shell Break; the only thing Bagon has that even slightly resembles a shell is its head, which doesn't really look like a shell.

And Shell Break Shellder is just ridiculous.
  2. November Blue

November Blue NO YOUTUBE, I DO NOT WANT TO WATCH VIDEOS AT MAX VOLUME!!
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Shell smash shelgon eh? No.

We need to put shell smash trapinch on our wishlists.
  3. CTNC

CTNC

This isnt a "I hope (insert Pokemon) gets this move" thread -_-
  4. moe1216

moe1216

I think Shell Break is a rather powerful move. It has it's drawbacks, but those can be rectified by having a white herb, right? Imagine having to deal with a cloyster who not was able to successfully set it up, but also didn't have to worry about it's defense drops.

Also, if someone said this in the past five pages I don't really care, because honestly I didn't feel like looking through all of them to see if someone posted this. If they did then oh well! :D
  5. spiderweb

spiderweb

Must tri this in a Rain dance team
  6. Spenstar

Spenstar

Event Level 99 Bagon with Shell Break? :D
  7. SteelPokemonFan

SteelPokemonFan

Player 1: GLHF.
    Player 2: GLHF.

Player 2: Gorebyss uses Shell Break.
    (Gorebyss' White Herb negated the stat drops)

Player 1: Generic lead uses SR.

Player 2: Gorebyss uses Baton Pass.

Player 1: Got Away Safely.

Player 1: GG
    Player 2: GG
  8. JSND

JSND

shell break has bad distribution for a reason. Its like not giving head smash to aero lol
  9. Green Thunder

Green Thunder

Lol, like aero would ever get head smash(despite having rock head) zuruzukin has a harder head and I find that hilarious!

On topic:shell smash is like the best setup move ever...has anyone tried pawing it to a strong mixed sweeper like sazandora(who also learns head smash :P) or salamence?
  10. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers BUT THERE ARE DREAMS THAT CANNOT BEEEEEEEE
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

...The moment the opponent sees you have a Gorebyss in your team is the moment it's hunted down. No one would ever set up SR on Miss Gore.
  11. CanadiEntei

CanadiEntei

Infernape used ASSIST. Infernape used Shell Smash. Increase your chances with Iwaperasu, Cloyster, and Smeargle!
  12. Rayquaza_

Rayquaza_

You only really need Reflect support to make this move effective. Vacuum Wave is pretty rare and with Reflect up most priority attacks will never OHKO even after the defense drop.

Dual Screen Kyurem works well because it resists both grass and electric and attracts steel types, which can't really do anything to Gorebyss and Cloyster.
  13. Wafflez

Wafflez

Screens Kyuremu still isn't far too reliable.I would much rather use something like Doexys-S or perhaps Voltlos if you wanted and it can switch to the necessary mon with Volt change as well.And as Mario with lasers said the sole reason its so hard to set up Shell Smashes is the large hype they received so everybody pretty much knows that you are gona set up.
  14. Darkon

Darkon

Even with White Herb the Sp. Def will drop, both defenses will not give the effect of the item.
  15. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers BUT THERE ARE DREAMS THAT CANNOT BEEEEEEEE
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

That's an error in PO's implementation, White Herb should remove both defensive drops.
  16. blasphemy1

blasphemy1

I believe the White Herb issue is fixed; at least on the Smogon University server it removed both stat drops.
  17. NeoSeth

NeoSeth

This move would be totally amazing, but everyone is just SO scared of it. No one ever switches, deciding just to attack you while you try to set up. For that reason, I've found Omastar (In the Rain) to be the best user. I come in on something I'd (Normally) scare out. I've never once seen someone switch, so I generally just go for the attack and KO. Once they see LO, they assume I'm running a standard attacking set. Then I set-up late game.

It's still far too unreliable of a move. It's hard to set up when everyone just attacks you.
  18. Bakame!

Bakame!

why cant learn shuckle shell break? cloyster (and maybe omastar but 2nd one is not really seen much) is broken but whats so evil with anatonist shuckle + shell break?
  19. Fluffy Otters

Fluffy Otters

How would Deoxy-S be more reliable than Kyurem? Voltlos also by the way does not learn either Reflect or Light Screen, it learns Rain Dance. Kyurem is far bulkier than Deoxys and despite the meh speed, it will outrun slower things and more likely, they'll try to switch to Scizor or something to eat your Dragon/Ice Attack while you Reflect. Actually, Kyurem would be very helpful on Rain Dance teams, getting the resistance to fire back, already having a resistance to water with high bulk and good special defense and Light Screen as well as being very threatening. And behind Reflect, you can ev Kyurem to survive 2 Choice Band Scizor Bullet Punches even after Stealth Rock damage, although you'd probably be switching to something like say Kingdra or your Shell Breaker. Kyurem will also defend against those electric and grass attacks for your breaker and threaten opposing dragons (laughing at them after Reflect/Light Screen). It handles Nattorei better, could be a paralysis absorber (its better for Kyurem to take it than a valuable Swift Swimmer) and could actually threaten Brijion although it will need Screen up to surve Focus Blast/Close Combat due to speed.

Actually thinking about it, Kyurem would be a phenomenal poke on rain teams, turns Hail against the opponent as well as protecting you with Screens, can lol set up Rain dance as well (for a huge surprise), takes care of Birijion/Nattorei which are two big pain in the butts for rain, it's counters aren't great against rain really (Scizor's Bullet Punch is resisted and all swift swimmers can pretty much likely kill Breloom), absorbs electric/grass/water....
  20. wiithepeople

wiithepeople

Shell Break Magcargo is god! :P
  21. SupremeDirt

SupremeDirt

Baton Pass it a Magnet Rise, you will not be disappoint.

People seem to forget it also gets Shell Break or something.
  22. Rayquaza_

Rayquaza_

Except its speed still sucks and it's still weak to Aqua Jet (4x), Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave.
  23. Lou Cypher

Lou Cypher

I did have fun running Shell Smash Magcargo in the sun. Fun times for all, and it is priceless to sweep with a fuckin MAGCARGO of all things.

Then again this is the gen where Bidoof can sweep an OU team...
  24. Raikaria

Raikaria

Fixed. I've seen logs of Bidoofs sweeping Ubers, such as Groundon and freinds.

But, yeah, this topic is de-railing. And yes, Shell Smash is possibly the most broken move ever, and if it was given to something that had decent offenses or speed [But not too decent, otherwise, you'd take the hit at -2 def] in the first place, it would be a ticket to Uber.

As it stands, most Shell Smashers are easily held in check by Roopushin, even with White Herb. They're either too frail initially, or weak to Fighting.
  25. SP458

SP458

Because it would be B-R-O-K-E-N. Boosting (thanks to Antagonist) both defenses while lowering your crap stats... If Shuckle had Shell Smash, the following set would be unbeatable outside of crits and Taunt users.

Shuckle @ Leftovers
    Ability: Antagonist
    Nature: Bold / Impish
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
    IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA
    - Shell Smash
    - Power Share
    - Toxic
    - Rest

Shell Smash, under Antagonist, SHARPLY lowers Attack and Sp.Attack, thereby increasing Power Share's crippling power (of course use Power Share after the Shell Smashes). Toxic is for non-Steels and Poisons and Rest increases your staying power. Obviously, this set is designed for Sandstorm teams.

And yes, logically, it should've learnt this move (just look at it, it's a turtle...).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)