Shell-Shocked!

TEAM SHELL-SHOCKED!
The objective of this team was to take advantage of Shell Smash Cloyster. IT has been doing really well but it could get a lot better. Hopefully this team will grow to a great team! I think it has potential but I need your guys’ help!

Cloyster (F) @ White Herb​
Trait: Skill Link​
EVs: 20 HP / 236 Atk / 252 Spd​
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)​
- Icicle Spear​
- Rock Blast​
- Shell Blade
- Shell Smash​
*Maniacal Laugh* Boy is this thing fun… This thing can rip entire teams to shreds! Icicle Spear and Shell Blade are powerful stabs with Shell Blade taking out Rock types and Steels and Icicle Spear Ripping everything else apart. Rock Blast is there for having fun with other Pokemon which happen to resist both Icicle Spear and Dive, but that slot is really up for grabs….​
Blaziken (M) @ Flight Gem​
Trait: Speed Boost​
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd​
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)​
- Acrobatics​
- Flare Blitz​
- Hi Jump Kick​
- Substitute​
This thing provides perfect coverage along with the beast known as Cloyster. Substitute is great in this moveset, as it allows you to scout for super effective moves and in a Blaziken’s moveset, allows a free Speed Boost. Acrobatics is a great coverage move with 110 Base Power with Flight Gem, or after Flight Gem has been used. Flare Blitz and Hi Jump Kick are there for pummeling Grass types and Rock/Steel types respectively.​
Jolteon (F) @ Life Orb​
Trait: Volt Absorb​
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd​
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)​
- Thunderbolt​
- Shadow Ball​
- Signal Beam​
- Hidden Power [Water]​
Oh, how I love this thing so. This Pokemon is an amazing candidate for a revenge killer as nothing resists all four of her moves. Bar scarfed things, this wonderful Eeveelution is outsped by none other than Ninjask, who won’t hurt a bit, and Excadrill when in a sandstorm. Jolteon also takes advantage of his ability Volt Absorb, giving me an easy switch in to an electric attack.​
[/img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/78/Spr_5b_205.png[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Forretress (M) @ Shed Shell[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Trait: Sturdy[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]EVs: 84 Atk / 172 Def / 252 SDef[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Earthquake[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Stealth Rock[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Spikes[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Rapid Spin[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Forretress is, and will always be, the best hazard set-up Pokémon ever. Not even Skarmory can do what Forretress can, and that’s why I chose him in this slot. There is not too much to say here, as the main purpose of this thing is quite obvious. I picked EQ over Explosion, as I wanted to survive as long as possible so I can spin away any hazards that pop up on my side.[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/6a/Spr_5b_245.png[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Suicune @ Leftovers[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Trait: Pressure[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Rest[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Surf[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Sleep Talk[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Calm Mind[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Just because this set is a standard Crocune, doesn’t mean that it is any less deadly. This Pocket Monster takes out Blazikens and other fire types out with ease, and it also has no trouble KO’ing anything on a Sandstorm team. This thing gets easily walled by Blissey though and is generally the weakest member of the team.[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/38/Spr_5b_475.png[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Gallade (F) @ Psychic Gem[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Trait: Steadfast[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Drain Punch[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Night Slash[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Ice Punch[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Psycho Cut
[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Despite being banished into BL by the UU wizards, Gallade has not seen much time on OU teams lately. It might be because of Reuniclus prevailing in most EVERY game, or maybe it’s just lost its luster. Either way, I want to bring Gallade back into competitive battling and this is how to do it. Drain Punch and Psycho Cut are powerful STAB attacks, while Ice Punch takes out all Dragons and threatening Flying types. Night Slash fills a moveslot just for covering Psychics that cause Gallade much trouble.[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]
Thanks in advance for your help![/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]--MUDKIPZ4EVERZ[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]​

That is a generally overall good team. Just a few suggestions.

Blaziken:
Speed Boost Blaziken is extremely common and predictable. Don't get me wrong, if used right it is a freaking beast. Protect is so freaking obvious that it screams "SET UP!!!". Instead of Protect, go with Subsitute. Assuming that the opponent predicts a Speed Boost setup, then you have a free turn next turn as well. This can be used for Focus Punch, your own setup, or my personal favorite, Baton Pass. Yep. This Speed Boost freak can learn BATON PASS!!!! If you move first, you give the previous Speed Boost to a slow sweeper, as well as subsitute coverage. If they don't break the sustitute on the second turn, you have ANOTHER free setup. Damn right?

Forretress:
I would defininently lead with it. Not Cloyster because a lot of leads can KO it, mainly TTar. If you are faced with a special attacker and/or fire user, then there is no harm in switching out. If faced with a physical attacker (not fire user) then Forretress's huge defense should let it land at least a stealth rock. Plus TTars won't be suspecting an earthquake.

Gallade:
Replace Zen Headbutt with Psycho Cut. You really want the accuracy, plus the extra crit chance helps. Drain Punch is the right choice though.

In General:
Don't use the gems that much. One time use is not good, other than Blaziken's Acrobatics. Even then, if you go with substitute, you could always go with a Liechi berry.

That's all I can see wrong with your team. Hope this helps.

I see a good team right there.
One suggestion - maybe try Cloyster with Razor Shell instead of Dive. Yes, it has slightly lower accuracy and BP, but the 50% chance of a Def drop can be quite useful. The main problem I see with Dive is the fact that it's a two-turn move; therefore when you use it, the opponent has a free chance to switch out into something that is 1 - resistant to water or walls physical moves or 2 - a Poke that can take a hit, is faster than your Cloyster and then OHKO it with say, a T-Bolt or a Close Combat. On the positive side, I really like the idea of White Herb + Shell Break. I would be scared of that Cloyster in a battle.
Hope I helped, and good luck!

^Yeah, Shell Blade would be better. I forgot completely due to the lack of Waterfall.^

That is a generally overall good team. Just a few suggestions.

Blaziken:
Speed Boost Blaziken is extremely common and predictable. Don't get me wrong, if used right it is a freaking beast. Protect is so freaking obvious that it screams "SET UP!!!". Instead of Protect, go with Subsitute. Assuming that the opponent predicts a Speed Boost setup, then you have a free turn next turn as well. This can be used for Focus Punch, your own setup, or my personal favorite, Baton Pass. Yep. This Speed Boost freak can learn BATON PASS!!!! If you move first, you give the previous Speed Boost to a slow sweeper, as well as subsitute coverage. If they don't break the sustitute on the second turn, you have ANOTHER free setup. Damn right?

Forretress:
I would defininently lead with it. Not Cloyster because a lot of leads can KO it, mainly TTar. If you are faced with a special attacker and/or fire user, then there is no harm in switching out. If faced with a physical attacker (not fire user) then Forretress's huge defense should let it land at least a stealth rock. Plus TTars won't be suspecting an earthquake.

Gallade:
Replace Zen Headbutt with Psycho Cut. You really want the accuracy, plus the extra crit chance helps. Drain Punch is the right choice though.

In General:
Don't use the gems that much. One time use is not good, other than Blaziken's Acrobatics. Even then, if you go with substitute, you could always go with a Liechi berry.

That's all I can see wrong with your team. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the advice and I will use most of it but using Forretress in the lead is not what I want. Cloyster catches the weakest part of their team, which happens to be the best opportunity to set-up while they foolishly set up Stealth Rock instead of attacking.

You may want to consider changing Blaziken out for something, seeing as he is currently banned in OU. Might be able to switch it out with a similarly built Infernape to keep it as close to the current build as possible?

You may want to consider changing Blaziken out for something, seeing as he is currently banned in OU. Might be able to switch it out with a similarly built Infernape to keep it as close to the current build as possible?
Blaziken isn't banned on Mysidia, and I play there mostly to avoid crowds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)