Shiinotic - Spotlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
For whatever reason it won't let me post in the Shiinotic thread, so I'll post here. In that thread, no one mentions the move Spotlight. It LOOKS like a really good move, at least for doubles. It has high priority so speed doesn't matter, few pokemon can even learn it, and it causes all attacks to target a pokemon of your choice. Seems like an easy way to stall for extra leech seed damage at the least.

How does it work exactly?
A) All attacks now target the pokemon subject of the spotlight; A good chance of knocking it out.
OR
B) All attacks, other than those targeting the subject of the spotlight, fail; A useful stall while still potentially dealing some damage from your teammate.

Neither way. In a double battle, spotlight only affects the other side of the battle when targeting attacks (Think if the targeted mon uses Follow Me), so targeting a foe is useless. It essentially draws attention away from the user, which isn't very good outside of gimmicks like Shell Trap and King's Shield.

Does it work on battle royal at least? not that useful unless you have already some kills achieved, but once done it would be a good way to get off some attention (aiming it at the most passive thing on the field so the other 2 attack it instead of you)

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Does it work on battle royal at least? not that useful unless you have already some kills achieved, but once done it would be a good way to get off some attention (aiming it at the most passive thing on the field so the other 2 attack it instead of you)
yes

it basically won't force pokemon on the same "team" to attack each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)