Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Hi! Just got my Shiny Charm after a lot of work. I shall hatch mine in groups of 90 if thats okay? [Just so it is easy to keep track and store].
Batch 1:
Batch 2:
Batch 3:

Hey, everybody! I've been following this thread for a while to track different people's luck and odds when it comes to chasing shinies. I thought I'd make an account and fill you in about my shiny hunting quest. I'm sorry that I haven't kept an exact number of how many eggs I've hatched while hunting certain shiny Pokemon, but I have a general idea of how long it took for some of them.

Currently, I stand at 4,088 eggs hatched. I started hunting shinies via breeding after receiving the shiny charm. Before I got the shiny charm, I'd hatched about 400-500 eggs, so through my shiny hunting quest I've hatched about 3,600 eggs or so.

I've hatched 8 shiny Pokemon using the Masuda Method combined with the shiny charm. They are as follows, in the order I hatched them:

• Shiny Cleffa: hatched between 15-20 eggs. Calm nature, 5IVs.
  • Shiny Vulpix: hatched on the 3rd egg. Timid nature, 2IVs with Drought.
  • Shiny Gible: Took about 250-300 eggs. Jolly nature, 4IVs.
  • Shiny Gastly: hatched on the 6th egg. Timid nature, 4 IVs.
  • Shiny Marill: Took between 200-300 eggs. Adamant nature, 5IVs.
  • Shiny Charmander: hatched on the 13th egg. Timid nature, 5IVs.
  • Shiny Bulbasaur: took about 200-300 eggs. Relaxed nature, 4IVs.
  • Shiny Aerodactyl: took about 250 eggs. Jolly nature, 5IVs.
Before X&Y was released, I completed the Pokedex on White 2. I set aside one of every single species of Pokemon so when I had the opportunity to upload them into the new generation, completing the Pokedex would simply be a matter of transferring them over. When PokeBank was released, it took me about a day to do all the transferring, and the first Pokemon I attempted to make after obtaining the shiny charm was Clefable, and it didn't take very long at all to get a shiny. I hatched a shiny Cleffa within 20 eggs, and this is when I realized that chasing competitively viable shiny Pokemon was finally a reality.

To hunt shinies, I use a 6IV German ditto and a 5IV parent of the species I'm attempting to obtain. The Ditto is a flawless cloned Pokemon that I got in Soul Silver, so if there was ever any doubt about hacked Pokemon standing in the way of shiny hunting, they've never given me any trouble.

The Cleffa came easy. I wasn't actually trying to get a shiny, all I wanted was to breed a better Clefable that had at least 5 IVs. I got lucky.

Then, I wanted to make a better Drought Ninetails with at least 4 or 5IVs, but I didn't have time to breed a suitable parent to do this: the shiny came on the 3rd egg. It only had 2IVs, but since it had Drought it wasn't a complete waste.

This is the point when I realized I can actively chase shinies. The first one I wanted to make was a Garchomp that would function as Mega Garchomp, since his shiny form looks so badass. I hatched many eggs before I actually got one; it took somewhere between 250-300 eggs, but I stuck with it and eventually hatched a Gible with a golden belly.

Next I went to make a Gastly. Listlessly hatching eggs while studying, the shiny came out really quickly.

At this point I got pretty brash, so I decided to chase a shiny Starmie. I went on a super drought and it didn't work out; I hatched between 500-600 Staryu and did not get a shiny. This made me discouraged, so I decided to move onto Marill. It only took me three nights of egg hatching, between 200-300 eggs until I got one.

After Marill, I went after Charmander. This one came easily; a little after 10 eggs, I got a shiny. Bulbasaur was next, but took a little bit longer; 2 days of egg hatching, somewhere around 250 eggs. But still, pretty quickly compared to some of the other ones. Charmander came on Friday, Bulbasaur came that following Sunday.

Then I went on a super drought. An agonizing 1,000+ eggs hatched, almost 2 weeks of hatching eggs every single day with nothing to show for it. First I hatched a couple hundred Squirtle, with nothing. Then, 300-400 Pinsir, with nothing. Very discouraging. I knew I was overdue for a shiny, so I decided to switch it up and go after Aerodactyl. 3 nights of hatching, somewhere around 250 eggs and I finally got one last night.

So what I've noticed is that there is no pattern; hatching shiny Pokemon is still very much random. You can get really lucky, or you can waste a lot of your time. I've had good luck on multiple occasions, hatching shinies relatively quickly. However, I went on 2 near 1,000 egg droughts with nothing. One thing is for sure though: using the Masuda Method along with the shiny charm, if you've got a lot of patience and stick with it you'll eventually get a shiny.

Now though, I think I'm going to take a break. 8 legit competitively viable shinies in somewhere around 3,600 eggs. Not bad! I'll continue to shiny hunt at some point, but for now I think I need a little break from the monotony!

Breeding 6IV Ditto with 5 Perfect IV female Lileep with Hidden Ability.

In the 7th egg i got a shiny male lileep without HA and 5 IV's (no Sp Def). Been searching for the HA shiny, nothing so far (360 eggs)

Im at 3450 hatched and 1 shiny.

While I refuse to let the game beat me, a 3100 egg drought tells me to give this a break for a few weeks.
I'll keep you updated with any new data when I decide to start back up, good luck everyone!

egg count: 5410
Shiny: 9
(1002th egg) Kricketot (Pokeball)
(1088th egg) Blitzle (Pokeball)
(2376th egg) Cottonee (Pokeball)
(3340th egg) Eevee (Love Ball)
(3840th egg) Misdreavus (Moon Ball)
(3841th egg) Shuppet (Moon Ball)
(5108th egg) Vulpix (Love Ball)
(5343th egg) Cherubi (Love Ball)
(5410th egg) Mawile (Moon Ball)

oh my....its just 67eggs after my last shiny....but its another imperfect 5iv again...x_x non of my shines till now are of perfect IVs...x_x

Im at 3450 hatched and 1 shiny.

While I refuse to let the game beat me, a 3100 egg drought tells me to give this a break for a few weeks.
I'll keep you updated with any new data when I decide to start back up, good luck everyone!
Are you letting your pokémons on Daycare when you turn your game off? I've heard that if you do that, the Masuda Rate simply disappear. I stopped doing that and I'm with 5 shinies up to now.

Eggs Hatched: 1500
Shinies: 1
Druddigon at the 881st, but now I'm heading to the 2000 since I've been trying to get my shiny Roggenrola with 0 Speed IV's.

Finished another 150 batch, with no shinies.

Total: 3600 eggs
Shinies: 5
How... do... you... keep up with all the Pokemon T.T do you wonder trade them at all or do you just release them all?

I know personally I spent like the past 4 hours wonder trading and then releasing the bad, keeping the good Pokemon I received

ok i got some info for the spreadsheet i hatch them in batches of 150

i tried to breed a shiny shieldon and bred well over 2400 eggs and no result. It wasn't until a friend helped me breed one from his game and gave one to me that i stopped and started cleaning my pc of eggs leftover. and then egg number 2447 out of the 2450 turned shiny...so 1 in 2450 whoo i guess...

but then i turned to try and breed a shiny helioptile. within the first 100 i got 2 of them with undesirable iv's. i kept going until i got a competitive one and egg number 443 shiny and competitive spread out of 450. so all in all 3 in 450.

Are you letting your pokémons on Daycare when you turn your game off? I've heard that if you do that, the Masuda Rate simply disappear. I stopped doing that and I'm with 5 shinies up to now.
How much evidence do we have to support this? And by this do you mean if you reset the game, the MM disappears, so every time you turn it on you need to take out and then put them back in daycare?

How much evidence do we have to support this? And by this do you mean if you reset the game, the MM disappears, so every time you turn it on you need to take out and then put them back in daycare?
I'm also interested in this theory as well since it seems rather counter productive to introduce such a limitation in generation VI

also I am hatching 10 boxes worth over the next few days (so 300 eggs) using a Spanish ditto as my none home pokemon.

will report back soon on the number of shinies (if any)

The evidence is that, as soon as I changed this method, I got a shiny under 150 pokémon. This is enough evidence for me, not sure if it will work out the same way for everyone.

And I remove the parents as soon as I get 150 (or 300) Pokemons at once.

How... do... you... keep up with all the Pokemon T.T do you wonder trade them at all or do you just release them all?

I know personally I spent like the past 4 hours wonder trading and then releasing the bad, keeping the good Pokemon I received
I just release the hell out of them. No patience for WT _at all_.

You're not serious... So remove my pokemon from the daycare when i'm about to turn the game off? Then replace them when I start back up?
I hatch eggs as soon as I get them from the daycare so this would strongly affect my results if true, I also tend to hatch in short bursts which also backs up your point.
And come to think of it my only shiny came from when I had been playing the game for 2 hours or so.

I'll try another 300 then, getting eggs and storing them to hatch in batches. While removing my pokemon from the daycare when the game is turned off. Its worth a try, thanks for the info!

The evidence is that, as soon as I changed this method, I got a shiny under 150 pokémon. This is enough evidence for me, not sure if it will work out the same way for everyone.

And I remove the parents as soon as I get 150 (or 300) Pokemons at once.

I just release the hell out of them. No patience for WT _at all_.
It could just be complete luck, however. I can't argue against the numbers, as you've received a lot of shinies fast, but it seems quite a peculiar mechanic, that is my only worry. Keep at it, I guess and see if the trend continues.

ok i got some info for the spreadsheet i hatch them in batches of 150

i tried to breed a shiny shieldon and bred well over 2400 eggs and no result. It wasn't until a friend helped me breed one from his game and gave one to me that i stopped and started cleaning my pc of eggs leftover. and then egg number 2447 out of the 2450 turned shiny...so 1 in 2450 whoo i guess...

but then i turned to try and breed a shiny helioptile. within the first 100 i got 2 of them with undesirable iv's. i kept going until i got a competitive one and egg number 443 shiny and competitive spread out of 450. so all in all 3 in 450.
So what exactly are your totals? I have 1735 eggs on the spreadsheet for you now so do I add those totals to it? Or is the 2450 part of the 1735 I already have for you? I also already have 3 shinies for you

You're not serious... So remove my pokemon from the daycare when i'm about to turn the game off? Then replace them when I start back up?
I hatch eggs as soon as I get them from the daycare so this would strongly affect my results if true, I also tend to hatch in short bursts which also backs up your point.
And come to think of it my only shiny came from when I had been playing the game for 2 hours or so.

I'll try another 300 then, getting eggs and storing them to hatch in batches. While removing my pokemon from the daycare when the game is turned off. Its worth a try, thanks for the info!
It worked out nicely for me, hope it helps you!

It could just be complete luck, however. I can't argue against the numbers, as you've received a lot of shinies fast, but it seems quite a peculiar mechanic, that is my only worry. Keep at it, I guess and see if the trend continues.
The results that back me up (a little, but indeed are relevant):

2100 eggs for no Charmander
150 eggs for a Froakie
300 eggs for a Fennekin
300 eggs for a Eevee
150 eggs for a Treecko
150 eggs for a Goodra
450 egg (still working on it) for no Torchic

It worked out nicely for me, hope it helps you!

The results that back me up (a little, but indeed are relevant):

2100 eggs for no Charmander
150 eggs for a Froakie
300 eggs for a Fennekin
300 eggs for a Eevee
150 eggs for a Treecko
150 eggs for a Goodra
450 egg (still working on it) for no Torchic
Yeah, that is quite a substantial difference!

I'm going to take out my pawniard female and 6IV chimchar and replace them and then hatch some eggs and see how i get on. I'm still not whole-heartedly convinced, but it isn't as if I am losing out if I do this!

So what exactly are your totals? I have 1735 eggs on the spreadsheet for you now so do I add those totals to it? Or is the 2450 part of the 1735 I already have for you? I also already have 3 shinies for you
every time i report i start over from 0 so you can add the all the numbers together. i just separate them based on the pokemon i breed the 2450 is what i hatched for obtaining a shieldon, the 450 is for the helioptile. so adding together would be 1735+2450+450=4635 totaling 7 shinies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)