Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Just got a perfect 31/x/31/31/31/31 Shiny Snivy
But his ability is Overgrown - sign :pirate:
Just pretend that i don't get it and keep going hic
Edit: One more day breeding and i can't believe it. Shiny Contrary Snivy just hatched. With all SIX 31 iv to boots

Last edited:
Shiny Torchic with speed boots in just about 20 eggs. My godness. But its missing atk iv hic
Edit: Just find out the atk iv is 30. I'm speechless
Update:
Eggs hatched : 36100 eggs
Shiny got : 68
Persona ratio: ~1/531
Lasted member: Trapinch
Got both 31/31/31/31/31/31 Contrary Snivy and 31/30/31/31/31/31 Speed Boots Torchic today. Truly a blessing day.

Edit: Shiny Trapinch after about 40 eggs. What's this? A lucky streak? My Godness.

Last edited:
Found this thread browsing.
I'm not breeding for IVs or competitive use, just personal goals.

Game played: Omega Ruby
Obtained Shiny Charm
Using Masuda Method

I had a Japanese Male Sentret and a Female Furret with the goal of 2 Shiny Sentrets.
I got my first shiny on Egg #12, and NOTHING 500 eggs later.

Now i'm using a Japanese Eevee and a USA Ditto, hatched 6 eggs so far and nothing yet, i'll update this post, even though I know this thread is a little older.

Edit:
Made 120 eggs (4 PC boxes full) with the Ditto and Eevee combination, I got no Shinies.

I switched the parents to a female US Eevee, and a Japanese male, hatched another 120 eggs, got a Shiny Eevee on Egg #72.

I'm currently chaining for a Feebas shiny.

I have decided to go for Larvesta. I have a USA mom, and a Korean father. I bred 135 eggs, will update if any Shinies appear.
150 Eggs - No Shinies, will breed 150 more.

Last edited:
Crazy! Shiny Zubat after only 15 eggs. What a terrific lucky day. Its have it HA and x/31/31/31/31/31 iv spread
Update:
Eggs hatched : 36117 eggs
Shiny got : 69
Persona ratio: ~1/523
Lasted member: Zubat

Playing Pokémon X.
I do have the shiny charm.

Eggs hatched. I will list out eggs in groups of 90.

5 IV Japanese male Fletchling
6 IV American female Swablu
Looking for beautiful golden swablu

1-90 Nothing
91-180 Nothing
181-270 Nothing
271-360 Nothing
361-450 Nothing
451-540 Nothing
541-630 Nothing
631-720 Nothing

Last edited:
Added and updated. So since nothing seems to have changed for the shiny rate, should I put the ORAS users on the sheet too?

Added and updated. So since nothing seems to have changed for the shiny rate, should I put the ORAS users on the sheet too?
You might as well. On a personal level I usually get my MM shiny before the 100th egg, but usually none after that. So something tells me this time it might be stacking a bit better? Though i'm not sure, and only going on my personal encounters.

Got shiny Analytic Staryu with the IV spread 31/31/31/x/31/31. Missing sp.atk hic
Edit: Checking at the Battle Institute it have 90 sp.atk which mean its sp.atk iv is 30. How lucky because i already think of breeding another one

Hi. I'm planning to hatch 900 eggs. Actually I started yesterday and I have already hatched 330. I'll go on until I reach my goal. Is that ok? I'll do groups of 150 eggs.

Game: Pokemon Y
Matsuda Method + Shiny Charm
Goal: 900 eggs

Japanese Ditto x Italian Pumpkaboo
1-150 Nothing
151-300 Nothing
301-450 Nothing
451-600 Hatched a Shiny Pumpkaboo on egg number 591

Japanese Ditto x Italian Solosis
601-750 Nothing
-working-

Last edited:
Decided to try breeding for shinies again.

Currently breeding for a shiny eevee.
Hatched 600 - nothing. This brings me to a total of 1200 when combined with my previous effort and only 1 shiny.
Pledging 300 more.

Sadly, I haven't even gotten a 6IV HA female eevee in the process as well.

Five days hatched over 2500 eggs and i got two BLAZE shiny Tepig with perfect iv spread 31/31/31/x/31/31. What the heck is this? I sure gonna be crazy that i want to smash my 3ds to the ground
Edit: Another Blaze. Seriously
Three little useless yellow pig now. I wonder what will come first? A shiny Thick Fat one or my pantience run out first

Last edited:
Five days hatched over 2500 eggs and i got two BLAZE shiny Tepig with perfect iv spread 31/31/31/x/31/31. What the heck is this? I sure gonna be crazy that i want to smash my 3ds to the ground
Edit: Another Blaze. Seriously
Three little useless yellow pig now. I wonder what will come first? A shiny Thick Fat one or my pantience run out first
My condolences. I need to update my hatching count (and will do so shortly), but I've barely been on Smogon due to terrible masuda luck alongside exams. You'll see from the list below that whilst I've hatched a few shinies the majority are completely unusable. The last one has been a motivational blessing. Also, I'll PM you about a Sableye reject soon, sorry it's taken so long.

The results are as follows for my hunts since starting ORAS, curse the quest for perfect shinies:

1 shiny Swablu, missing HP (but a decent 20 IV), 1/240 eggs.
0 Skrelp in 60 eggs (bred only for a 6 IV but still was masuda method) 0/60 eggs.
3 shiny Sableye, 1 with a perfect spread, 0 with prankster: total 3/1080 eggs.
3 shiny Charmander, 0 perfect spread, terrible IVs in missing stat: 3/2430 eggs.
Good news is 1 shiny Magikarp: perfect spread. 1/510 eggs.

Overall my hatch rate has been consistent (although the first Charmander was egg 2100 and I was ready to cry), through egg hatching total I've hatched 8/4320.

Personal odds: 1/540, which is close to the estimated 1/512. Biggest outliers were due to Charmander, as the first took 2100, the second about 2200 and the third about 10 later.

My condolences. I need to update my hatching count (and will do so shortly), but I've barely been on Smogon due to terrible masuda luck alongside exams. You'll see from the list below that whilst I've hatched a few shinies the majority are completely unusable. The last one has been a motivational blessing. Also, I'll PM you about a Sableye reject soon, sorry it's taken so long.

The results are as follows for my hunts since starting ORAS, curse the quest for perfect shinies:

1 shiny Swablu, missing HP (but a decent 20 IV), 1/240 eggs.
0 Skrelp in 60 eggs (bred only for a 6 IV but still was masuda method) 0/60 eggs.
3 shiny Sableye, 1 with a perfect spread, 0 with prankster: total 3/1080 eggs.
3 shiny Charmander, 0 perfect spread, terrible IVs in missing stat: 3/2430 eggs.
Good news is 1 shiny Magikarp: perfect spread. 1/510 eggs.

Overall my hatch rate has been consistent (although the first Charmander was egg 2100 and I was ready to cry), through egg hatching total I've hatched 8/4320.

Personal odds: 1/540, which is close to the estimated 1/512. Biggest outliers were due to Charmander, as the first took 2100, the second about 2200 and the third about 10 later.
I have bad luck about Charmander too. Gotta breed six one before finally getting a useable one

Oh Yeah, 600 eggs and I hatched a little cute shiny pumpkaboo in egg number 591. Lucky me it's flawless! It's my first hatched shiny and i'm super happy :)
Now I'll go on breeding unti i reach my goal of 900 eggs. Time to hunt for a shiny Reuniculus! I updated my original post.

Update
Eggs hatched : 39559 eggs
Shiny got : 75
Persona ratio: ~1/528
Lasted member: Finnaly a useable Thick Fat Tepig after more than 3000 eggs. Too tired to count exactly number
Look like i'm the member with the most eggs hatched in this thread now. When started i never thought i can reach this throne. It's a very long and not exactly pleasant road. Now i only need to hatch 3 more shiny and i will have two full box plus two team (in the battle box and active party). Hurray

Oh Yeah, 600 eggs and I hatched a little cute shiny pumpkaboo in egg number 591. Lucky me it's flawless! It's my first hatched shiny and i'm super happy :)
Now I'll go on breeding unti i reach my goal of 900 eggs. Time to hunt for a shiny Reuniculus! I updated my original post.
Congratulations!

It's actually much easier for the person who updates the spreadsheet if you post your totals in your new post, instead of updating your original post.

Hi! I'd like to contribute here.

Game: Alpha Sapphire
Have Shiny Charm

Going for a Shiny Bagon, will pledge eggs 90 at a time.
0-90: Nothing
91-180: Nothing
181-270: Nothing
271-360: Nothing

Total: 360 eggs
Shinies Hatched: 0

Hello im a new member can I contribute?

Oras shiny sandshrew:

155 eggs so far
no shiny

99-100 eggs per set
Set 1: 0-100: No shiny
Set 2: 101-200: Still trying currently

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)