Personal chance: ~1/585 - got worsen again
Latest member: Turtwig, perfect 6iv. At least got lucky

Well I haven't updated in a long time but here are my latest results

Eggs hatched: 1510 eggs
Shiny found: 5:

Sandshrew
Trapinch(2)
Pidgey

Latest: Shiny Totodile at egg 1457 (But it did not have the right ability)

Next pledge: 2000 eggs (Totodile)

Last edited:
Update
Eggs hatched:1111
Shinies hatched: 3
Personal chance: ~1/370
Latest member: starly with the ivs 31/31/xx/31/31/31. I got it when I was trying to breed a 6 IV parent. Sadly it didn't get its ha, so I'll continue with it

I have Another theory. Every time I get a shiny insanely quickly from breeding, I am breeding with 2 Shinies. My Ditto is 5iv shiny, and the other is a shiny I dexnav hunted. I don't know if that makes a difference or not but its an interesting theory.

I am reporting 640 eggs hatched with mixed region parents, and 1 of them was shiny. It was a Skiddo, who was breed from a Shiny Skiddo. Well, sorta, the parent of the parent of the Skiddo was shiny. That's why I think we should look into your theory DevonKM. All of the eggs I hatch, (almost all, I take careful notes for this thread) are done with Mixed Region Parents. So not all 640 were Skiddo, in fact only about 20 of them were... I wasn't hunting it. I think it's a good theory to look into, that using a shiny in the parents line, and mixed region parents could increase the shiny hatch rate eve further.

Recap:
Total eggs hatched on record: 640
Total shinys hatched on record: 1

I am reporting 640 eggs hatched with mixed region parents, and 1 of them was shiny. It was a Skiddo, who was breed from a Shiny Skiddo. Well, sorta, the parent of the parent of the Skiddo was shiny. That's why I think we should look into your theory DevonKM. All of the eggs I hatch, (almost all, I take careful notes for this thread) are done with Mixed Region Parents. So not all 640 were Skiddo, in fact only about 20 of them were... I wasn't hunting it. I think it's a good theory to look into, that using a shiny in the parents line, and mixed region parents could increase the shiny hatch rate eve further.

Recap:
Total eggs hatched on record: 640
Total shinys hatched on record: 1
Honestly, i don't think this theory is true. As you said above, you used a shiny parents and got a baby shiny at 640 eggs, this rate is actually worse than avarage (1/512) and if you looking into the game machenic, http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method. When breeding,a shiny pokemon is treat the same as normal one and if they are different origin then the game will try to generate ten times the personality value. If one of them could result in a shiny then it will be chosen, not based on the parent shiny or not.
Actualy, i already tried breeding shiny using a shiny parents before (a starly) but don't get any shiny over thousand eggs at all

Update
Eggs hatched: 1333
Shinies hatched: 4
Personal chance: ~1/333
Latest member: A pinsir with the IVs 31/31/31/31/31/xx. I decided to take a break from starly to try (because I was worried I might get another keen eye one) and get a member for my sticky web team. I'll go for a shiny litwick now.

Honestly, i don't think this theory is true. As you said above, you used a shiny parents and got a baby shiny at 640 eggs, this rate is actually worse than avarage (1/512) and if you looking into the game machenic, http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method. When breeding,a shiny pokemon is treat the same as normal one and if they are different origin then the game will try to generate ten times the personality value. If one of them could result in a shiny then it will be chosen, not based on the parent shiny or not.
Actualy, i already tried breeding shiny using a shiny parents before (a starly) but don't get any shiny over thousand eggs at all

Not all of the 640 eggs were Skiddo. I was recording all of my breeding with mixed region parents. My friend often asks me to breed perfect Pokemon for him, and I always use my 6IV JAP Ditto. Because of this I record any eggs hatched with that Ditto as a parent. (or any other mixed region parents) So the number of that 640 that were Skiddo was 20-40. ... But I do see what you mean, over all the eggs hatched under mixed region/shiny charm on the record was random. And it dose seem like it would be strange if its true. I still say its worth looking into, (as I got that Skiddo after only about 16 eggs of Skiddo) But the odds are its just a random coincidence.

Update
Eggs hatched: 1333
Shinies hatched: 4
Personal chance: ~1/333
Latest member: A pinsir with the IVs 31/31/31/31/31/xx. I decided to take a break from starly to try (because I was worried I might get another keen eye one) and get a member for my sticky web team. I'll go for a shiny litwick now.
Too bad about the speed iv. What pokemon you going for a sticky web? Garvatunla or Smeagle? I enjoy playing Story of Seasons now so i probadly won't breeding for a while

Too bad about the speed iv. What pokemon you going for a sticky web? Garvatunla or Smeagle? I enjoy playing Story of Seasons now so i probadly won't breeding for a while
The speed IV is 4-5, but with sticky web it should still outspeed quite a lot. The team I was thinking of is Shuckle (set up SR and sticky web), Bisharp(to discourage any defogging), chandelure (a spin blocker, and its poor speed will be patched up by sticky web). The reason I chose shuckle, is because he is the most reliable hazard setter (being able to hold mental herb to prevent taunt). The other 3 pokemon need to benefit from sticky web such as mega pinsir or heracross. I was thinking about having starmie as a spinner, but I'm not sure about this.

Hey all. Back from a bit of a hiatus. I wanted to add total additional 600 eggs hatched, and exactly two new shiny to add to my total count. I used a japanese ditto with a few US pokemon (sentret, jynx, sudowoodoo, rotom, hippopotas, castform, lunatone) and hatched between 1-3 boxes with each. Ended up with a shiny sentret and a shiny hippoppotas (male).

Updated totals: 3317 eggs total, 11 shiny total

The speed IV is 4-5, but with sticky web it should still outspeed quite a lot. The team I was thinking of is Shuckle (set up SR and sticky web), Bisharp(to discourage any defogging), chandelure (a spin blocker, and its poor speed will be patched up by sticky web). The reason I chose shuckle, is because he is the most reliable hazard setter (being able to hold mental herb to prevent taunt). The other 3 pokemon need to benefit from sticky web such as mega pinsir or heracross. I was thinking about having starmie as a spinner, but I'm not sure about this.
You should add some pokemons to deal with flying and levitate pokemons since sticky web won't affect them (most team there have two or three this type). Mold Breaker Excadrill is a good choice. And may be a spin block since defog is quite rare in wifi unlike the simulator where every flying can get it (defog is a gen4 TM which is uncompatible with native gen6 one). Infact, only three of my pokemon out of 96 shiny have defog and it don't even have in their moveset (a scizor, crobat and braviary)

Last edited:
I have hatched an additional 260 eggs, of those 140 were random mixed region parents for battle Pokemon, and 120 was a dedicated Minccino shiny hunt. I hatched only 1 shiny. A Minccino! Any way here is my total:

Total eggs hatched on record: 900
Total shinys hatched on record: 2

I decided to try for one more shiny before my exams start, and this time I tried for a Piplup. I was going to update after my initial pledge of 300 eggs were done, but I ended up getting it after 270 eggs, which is a lot more generous than before!

After some calculations, that makes my current Shiny Rate 1 out of 1200!

Finally updated the sheet! Sorry bout the delay. I seem to have started leading a busy life recently :/ if anyone needs anything sooner just shoot me a message to remind me this is here and I'll find time to update :) happy hatching! Oh and welcome new comers you are also now on the sheet! ^_^

Further hatching updates:

Hatched additional 260 Deerling Eggs, 1 shiny. Next target is Burmy (Female)!

Updated total egg counts: 3577 eggs total, 12 shinies total

I have hatched an additional 225 eggs in search of a shiny Minccino with better IVs. And, I actually hatched one! Afterword I have hatched 10 eggs with mixed region parents, but to get egg moves I breed two same region parents and somehow, I hatched a completely unexpected shiny. A Tangela, whom I named BlindSided out of shock. I mean the odds of a non mixed region shiny is very slim... Any way here are my totals:

Total eggs hatched on record: 1135
Total shinys hatched on record: 3

Hello guys and girls, this is my first post in smogon, i have started to breed some shinys but not near my lucky, i have only got 3 of them, i have shiny charm and i use mesuda
Onix at 527 eggs
Riolu at 40 eggs
Treecko at 158 eggs.
all ther was my luck, and it has disappeard and now i have hatched 1550 eggs for a Bagon and 1000 eggs for a Mudkip whitout any luck of a shiny,

All right, Last update for some time: 430 Eggs hatched (Burmy + Frillish as targets) using Jpn Ditto and either a US Burmy or a US Frillish. One shiny (Female frillish).

Updated total egg counts: 4007 eggs total, 13 shinies total

I hatched 320 more eggs, and have gotten 2 more shinys! One was a Skiddo with good IVs, (mostly) and the other a Noibat I set out to get. I'm thinking next ether a Noibat with better IVs or like a Ralts or whatever... Ether way, I'll let you all know after I get it or a large number of eggs of passed.

Total eggs hatched on record: 1455
Total shinys hatched on record: 5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)