Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Not a clue. I switched out of the ditto for a male GER Bastiodon just to get the same egg group chance boost. I didn't think it mattered, though, i thought whichever parent held the destiny knot passed on 5 of its IVs
When one of the Pokemon holds Destiny Knot, 5 IVs are inherited at random from both parents.

Not a clue. I switched out of the ditto for a male GER Bastiodon just to get the same egg group chance boost. I didn't think it mattered, though, i thought whichever parent held the destiny knot passed on 5 of its IVs
The way the destiny knot works in X and Y is that, regardless of the parent holding the destiny knot, a total of 5IVs will be passed down to the baby from both parents. That means 5IVs could be passed from the ditto and 0IVs from the other parent. But that also means the ditto could pass down 3IVs and the other parent 2, the ditto 2IVs, the parent 3, etc.
Edit: Greninja'd

Last edited:
The way the destiny knot works in X and Y is that, regardless of the parent holding the destiny knot, a total of 5IVs will be passed down to the baby from both parents. That means 5IVs could be passed from the ditto and 0IVs from the other parent. But that also means the ditto could pass down 3IVs and the other parent 2, the ditto 2IVs, the parent 3, etc.
Edit: Greninja'd
Ah. Thanks for the info. I guess I got lucky with my Heracross then

Decided to hatch some more eggs.. finally got my gale wing fletchling :)
Egg count : 1345
Shinies count : 3

I think I will hatch 1500 eggs total

Updates!
Total eggs to date: 300
Total shiny: 1

What I've hatched: 200 aron, 25 vulpix, 25 poliwag, 25 corphish, 25 marill. All were bred with an English parent of the same species and a japanese ditto. The lone shiny was a vulpix.

Im up to 2400 hatched with 1 shiny. This is a long shot but do I have to release my first shiny Sigalyph before I can get another?

Do you guys have any tips getting 5/6IV foreign pokemon (non-US, for me)? I've tried some game websites' forums, but most people are just looking for 6IV shiny legendaries :(

Do you guys have any tips getting 5/6IV foreign pokemon (non-US, for me)? I've tried some game websites' forums, but most people are just looking for 6IV shiny legendaries :(
One of the commenters in this thread gave me a 6IV JAP Ditto for free. His name is Neoji, see if he'll do the same for you

Thanks for the suggestion! Sadly, I am trying to get non-hacked 'mons to breed with, so my life is a little harder there :(
Try Facebook. There's a page there called pokemon x and y friend code exchange. Lots of trades happen on there. There are also trading groups on Facebook for that kind of stuff as well. But beware the Facebook FC page demands shinies most of the time :/

I hatched a 150 more (Solosis this time) 0 Shiny. At this moment i stopped to try and do the Restaurant with tipping thing, and after that filled 5 more boxes (150 eggs) and in the #10, Boom. Shiny Solosis. That would be 910 eggs, 2 Shiny. But this Solosis got me intrigued. Just Saying.

This whole thing is still active? I think I will help!
I'm using batches of 150.

Batch 1 - 1 shiny (150 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 2 - 1 shiny (300 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 3 - no shiny (450 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 4 - 1 shiny (600 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 5 - no shiny (750 eggs hatched so far)
Total - 750 eggs hatched - 3 shinies
Upated. Hatched batches 4 and 5.

Thanks for the suggestion! Sadly, I am trying to get non-hacked 'mons to breed with, so my life is a little harder there :(
I managed to get hold of 6IV male pokés from all egg groups by trading with somebody on Serebii. They did the same as me, but he had a Japanese game, so we just did a straight-up trade between all egg groups

Joined the forum just to help out with this. I'm almost always breeding, using a Japanese Ditto. I'll pledge groups of 100, endlessly, until the goal is met.

If you are interested in trying to breed a shiny poliwag, I have a 5IV (-atk) female hidden ability poliwag from japan that I don't need. I already bred my own flawless one from it. The only problem is that it is a mild nature, which might not be the ideal nature.

eggs hatched :1143
SHINIES: 1
finally it was there a 5iv shiny honedge with brave nature :D :D
Thanks midnyte for giving me your suggestion as soon as i changed my parent from vanilluxe to golem within 83 eggs it hatched i still can't believe it worked :D
I'm gonna take a small break guys but next is a shiny helioptile and it would be super awesome if somebody can give me a 5iv female helioptile for a 5iv honedge :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)