1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Wichu, Dec 31, 2013.

1. lttatter

lttatter

anyone with a 6iv non-english ditto want to help get a shiny shieldon? In my last medusa breeds i have always gotton my shiny pokemon within the 300-450 egg range. it's been well over 1200 and still nothing... i really want a shiny shieldon and i have a parent for anyone who can help me. I can clone pokemon using my roomates 3DS so you'll also be able to keep the shiny yourself. anyone interested?
  2. Crimzonlogic

Crimzonlogic

I've been breeding swirlix and have unfortunately lost count again. :(

I'm using a shiny six IV japanese ditto, and have gotten four shinies in about seven hundred eggs. I wasn't keeping track very well the entire time, but that is about how many I've hatched.

Is it okay to exchange friend codes here? I'm still new to this website and don't really know what the rules are.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    laturner92 likes this.
  3. Mew King

Mew King

I put about 4 hours in yesterday and this morning (I have two and a half boxes full of Frisk Pumpkaboos but I threw away pretty much all the Pickups. If we agree on the 80/20 ratio for getting the female's ability, that would mean I bred about 100) and finally got my Shiny Pumpkaboo. I have both Shiny Charm and was using the Masuda method. Trying to go for a trick room setter and ended up with one with max Attack and Defense, and min Speed (with a Brave nature). Unfortunately had pickup as its ability, but Frisk is only a wee bit more useful...(mostly to determine the Megas in my opinion)

Of course, that's my only shiny that I ever hatched, but I also believe it was the first hatching session I did after getting the Shiny Charm
  4. MagusDiablo

MagusDiablo

Started making Eevee eggs, my first batch gave me nothing...
  5. Midnyte

Midnyte

I was wondering if you were updating your eggs on another post or if you were just not reporting these batches? Just so I know for the sheet cause I haven't seen egg totals so I haven't updated it.
  6. MagusDiablo

MagusDiablo

I'm updating post #899. The totals now are 2700 eggs hatched, 2 shinies (1 Froakie, 1 Fennekin).
  7. Midnyte

Midnyte

Oh ok lol ill update them now thanx :)
    MagusDiablo likes this.
  8. laturner92

laturner92

I see you followed my step-by-step-shiny-in-your-sig instructions! looks good :)

Edit: Also, you can go to hell. 4 shinies in 700 eggs???
  9. JavierP

JavierP

Hey guys, any of you have a perfect Hidden Power Fire and/or Hidden Power Ice Ditto. It's because I want to start trying to breed a Timid 5 IVs Shiny Froakie with Protean and Hidden Power Fire, and a Modest 5 IVs Shiny Rotom, it might take the rest of my natural life xD.
  10. Midnyte

Midnyte

How do you do that? O.O
  11. JavierP

JavierP

I've never done it, but some people I know have bred thos mons easier with Dittos that have the perfect Hidden Power IV Spread, and when they get a mon with that perfect Hidden Power IV Spread, they switch the first parent, so the chances are higher. To hatch it the way I want though, my take incountable hours of time xD. About the Dittos, they are all hacks I think.
  12. Midnyte

Midnyte

I was gonna say, I didn't think ditto could learn anything but transform
  13. JavierP

JavierP

Yeap, it cannot learn anything else but Transform, but I think the IV checker can tell you what kind of HP it has.
  14. Midnyte

Midnyte

Hhhmmm ill have to find 1 lol you've got me curious now lol

Edit: +160 eggs and another shiny froakie :) this one is crap though :/ 5iv still but -spcl atk and its real real low. And it's ability is torrent instead of protean. Oh well I got 3 more boxes to hatch :)
  15. laturner92

laturner92

Hey, if you do get ahold of that HP Ice Ditto and you end up making your Froakie, can I hold onto it for a sec? I need it to breed HP Ice onto an Electrike :)

Edit: Or, you know, anyone who sees this post that has an HP Ice Ditto, I'd thoroughly appreciate it.
    Midnyte likes this.
  16. JavierP

JavierP

Of course hahaha, I don't think I'm close to getting one, but I'll keep looking for it :).
  17. Midnyte

Midnyte

Uhm according to the HP checker I found online a 5iv English ditto I have has it. Though also according to it anything with a 31/31/31/31/31/30 read out has it

Edit: and according to the guy in Anistar I have a froakie that would have ice hp as well
  18. JavierP

JavierP

Amazing man, I wish I could get my hands in one of those Dittos :D, that way I could breed that Rotom :D
  19. Crimzonlogic

Crimzonlogic

Sorry, I don't want to make anyone mad. I'm sure you'll hatch some more, too. It's all luck, please don't be mad at me. :(
    And I wasn't keeping count the whole time while hatching so maybe I actually hatched more than that.
    And I went through the trouble of getting the shiny charm in Black 2 and hatched a lot of growlithe eggs for months. I got no shiny at all from that game, and none from Black, and none from Soulsilver besides the red Gyarados. I feel that these shinies I got in X are kind of making up for that.
  20. IrishEclipse

IrishEclipse

Returning again, just to update that I finally got my Shiny Ponyta :D so to update the egg count look below :D

Pokemon - Vulpix; Number of Eggs Hatched; 35; Egg # Shiny Vulpix Achieved: 31
    Pokemon - Ponyta; Number of Eggs Hatched 335; Egg # Shiny Ponyta Achieved: 332
    Total: 370 Eggs
    Shinies: 2

I am now going for another Ponyta as my friend wants one and he's to lazy to get the Shiny Charm, will keep you guys updated, best of luck on your shiny hunt

Edit: *Cough* Thanks for the quick fix Midniyte :D *Cough*
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  21. MagusDiablo

MagusDiablo

Guys, another update with ANOTHER SHINY! I've just got a Shiny Timid Eevee, but the problem is that it doesn't have Special Attack. Well, I don't know if I should use my last batch to hatch more Eevees and see if I get a better one...

Total: 2850
    Shinies: 3
  22. shinyflygon15

shinyflygon15

Total : 1264
    Shinies: 1
    now trying for a timid froakie let's see how much it takes :P
  23. PoncheAntares

PoncheAntares

I just want to share this quickly. Just happened and I want to give it to you freshly.

In my desperation I thought that it would be a better idea if I keep on filling boxes, like 5-10 per day. It could help a little about odds continuing changing without even hatching, so I've filled the rest of my boxes until I had the goal of 1000 to hatch. I will not update until I got the whole number hatched over, but I just hatched, lastly, my shiny Druddigon at the 881st egg.
    Female, Brave nature, Sheer Force, 4 Egg Moves (Poison Tail, Iron Tail, Sucker Punch and Fire Fang) with 31/31/31/31/31/?? I'm a little bit disappointed cause I do really wanted it so bad to have 0 IV's on the speed, I just hope that later when I level it, it's speed is less than 10 IV's. Yes, I was thinking in using it for trick room teams. Anyhow, I'm close to the 900 and certainly, the 1000 egg will be hatched soon, I presume yesterday. I hope to find another green dragon over there.
  24. Chris939

Chris939

I'm on 2700 hatched, 1 shiny still.

I've switched parents to an ENG Sigalyph and JAP Ditto now, hoping for better luck!
  25. MagusDiablo

MagusDiablo

Ever since I switched parents, my luck has been awesome. The first, Froakie, came in 150 eggs. But they are usually coming within 300 range.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)