1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Wichu, Dec 31, 2013.

1. IrishEclipse

IrishEclipse

I've been using ENG of what I want with JAP 6 IV Ditto, 2 shinies in 370 eggs, I'm happy with that luck :D

Edit: Unfortunately neither of them are competitive, they both have the wrong ability
  2. Midnyte

Midnyte

Well I don't use it so if you want to use it for your Rotom then trade it to laturner92 when you're done I'm ok with that
  3. laturner92

laturner92

That would be awesome
    Midnyte likes this.
  4. MDK

MDK

Egg update: Shiny Pinsir achieved at egg number 795

Total eggs: 800
    Total shinies: 1
  5. Chris939

Chris939

I've hatched 450 with these parents now, probably swap every 600 eggs or so.

Now hatched 2850 with 1 shiny
  6. bknox1

bknox1

785 eggs hatched no shiny.

After egg 728, I switched from German Ditto to one I caught in my Friend Safari.
  7. Trigger_Impact

Trigger_Impact

Hi, I just joined to help out!

So far I've been breeding a Japanese fennekin(male) with an american fennekin(female)

580(ish) eggs
    0 shinnies
  8. LeTopo

LeTopo

Update: Hatched 150 more eggs, got that shiny Protean Froakie at egg #135, so can't complain :)

Total eggs hatched: 1450
    Total shiny: 4
  9. PSI Wind

PSI Wind

I just hatched 900 Froakies with a Japanese Female Froakie and my own Ditto. None of them were shiny. I have to wonder if I'm doing something wrong :l
    I'm going to try switching my Ditto for a Male English Froakie, but I doubt I'll get anything.
    Also: Hi, new user
    Midnyte likes this.
  10. Midnyte

Midnyte

You're not doing anything wrong. It's all by chance. Though we've recently noticed if you switch out your parents every so often it helps. :) good luck
  11. Midnyte

Midnyte

Edited and updated :)
    MagusDiablo likes this.
  12. JavierP

JavierP

How are you doing it Midnyte??? I'm so jealous of your great success xD
  13. NoDice

NoDice

Updated Batch 6, 2 shinies.
  14. shinyflygon15

shinyflygon15

Total hatched:1269
    Shinies: 2
    Well too bad its a male 4iv torrent froakie and that's pretty bad if you really think about it considering a 6iv and a 5iv breeding. I do have to say it took 125 eggs only :D but i guess i have to go on .
  15. MagusDiablo

MagusDiablo

Guys, I just finished my pledge with a not so nice, but at the same time, good surprise: my fourth shiny! I was breeding a 6IV Unburden Treecko (no egg moves) with my 6IV Spanish Ditto and I got a 5IV (missing SpAttack ONCE MORE) Overgrow Treecko. Well, meh. But at the same time, YAY SHINY!

Since I finished my pledge, I think I'll start the second one! 3000 more, what do you guys think?

Eggs Hatched: 3000
    Shinies: 4
  16. PoncheAntares

PoncheAntares

Current eggs hatched: 1000
    Shinies: Yes, 1 at the 881st

I'm switching parents for a Roggenrola 0 speed IV's
  17. Chris939

Chris939

I've just hit the 3000 mark, still 1 shiny...

I don't suppose anyone has a non ENG Sigalyph or Ditto they would be willing to trade? Not really bothered about IV's, just need more options for parents
  18. JavierP

JavierP

Updated my post. I was wondering guys, I've been collecting the eggs and hatching them as I get them, but I don't do it contiously cause of college, maybe I should try like many of you and just get all the eggs I'm going to hatch and then start hatching each box???
    Midnyte likes this.
  19. Midnyte

Midnyte

Im not sure really. I think it may have to do with my iv breeding. Since I iv breed along with shiny breed I tend to switch parents alot when I get a higher iv female I like
  20. Midnyte

Midnyte

4got to ask did you want the ice hp ditto? Or did you want me to give it to laturner92 1st?
  21. JavierP

JavierP

You can give it to laturner92 first :), I'm not giving up until I get that Shiny 5/6 IVs Protean Froakie. :D
    Midnyte and pokekid88 like this.
  22. lttatter

lttatter

Question: is it the language setting of the game (set at the very beginning) that determines the language tag of a pokemon? or is it the location set on the 3ds that determines the language tag? I ask because I know 3DS's are region locked meaning you can only play cirtain Cartridges. And someone who lives in Switzerland Told me that they get American games and play in other languages.

I've been using a JAP pokemon for my medusa breeds and the last 5 times my shinies always appeared around the 300-450 egg range. Now I'm using a GER pokemon for the first time and it hass been over 2000 eggs with no shiny. But the person who gave me the parent is from Germany. So if they are Just using English games in German language, then will the parent sill produce the medusa odds?
  23. Midnyte

Midnyte

Does it have the GER tag at the top by the pokemons name?
  24. lttatter

lttatter

Yep it's there, but if that tag only appears because the game setting is in German, then it might not have been a medusa eligible
  25. Midnyte

Midnyte

As far as I know, as long as the tag is there it works for MM

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)