1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Wichu, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Profilo

Profilo

edit post #650
    +135 eggs shiny Shieldon
    makes 4700 eggs in total now
  2. Profilo

Profilo

as far as i know the tag is the game version, when you start the game for the first time you choose your language and can not change it ever again! "mysterious music plays" so i guess thats where you set your game version and put the pokemon on the matsuda train. whould be senseless if they forbid you to change your game language just because the can.
  3. Midnyte

Midnyte

This is the part of breeding with egg moves that I don't like. Have to find a pokemon that knows the move you want then make sure it's in the same egg group. With my luck it never is lol so when it's not and it's the only one you have then you have to find a poke that can know it and is in the same egg group then level it up. I'm going from level 1 to 49 right now :( on level 34. Takes forever without the audino ladies in the battle chateau
  4. Profilo

Profilo

uhm, i level all my pokemon in the battle cafe things in the big city, i give them the exp eggs and use an o-power for exp.
    i then play the 3 pokemon battle with high level pokemon. the lvl 1 pokemon go from 1 too 40 in one go, goes pretty fast.
    Midnyte likes this.
  5. PSI Wind

PSI Wind

Question about changing parents. Does it matter which parent is changed or can it be another local/your own Pokemon?
  6. Trigger_Impact

Trigger_Impact

I don't think it matters, the chances are the same as long as at least one is from another region.
    Animelee likes this.
  7. laturner92

laturner92

Lucky Egg + level 100 lead pokemon + exp. share. one run-through of the E4 usually gets my whole team 30+
    Midnyte likes this.
  8. Crimzonlogic

Crimzonlogic

Add 125 eevee and 75 swirlix with none shiny to that, and my grand total is now:

500 hatched
    1 shiny
  9. Trigger_Impact

Trigger_Impact

Another
    Another really good method is to have 2 Lucky Eggs on pokemon you want to level, put them in spots 2 and 3 respectively, go to Cafe Le Wow, Put a good lvl 100 sweeper up front with amulet coin, activate EXP lvl 3, go into a rotation battle. You easily go into the 40's or 50's and with amulet coin and the balm mushroom rewards you get your money back
  10. Midnyte

Midnyte

Never even thought about the caf├Ęs thanx guys I'll try that ^_^
    Trigger_Impact likes this.
  11. MDK

MDK

Eggs Hatched: 1000
    Shinies obtained: 1

Shiny Pinsir obtained at 795

BTW Anyone know what Pokemon I should do next?
  12. MagusDiablo

MagusDiablo

Ok, I started hatching Goomy Eggs. Ended up with a present! Modest Gooey 5IV (missing Special Attack AGAIN! GOD DAMN IT!) Goomy. The best part? 150 eggs AGAIN! Ever since I gave up on Charmander, I've been on a GREAT roll!

Eggs: 3150
    Shinies: 5
    Midnyte and Massao like this.
  13. Massao

Massao

Eggs Hatched: 1250
    Shinies: 6

I just got a shiny 5iv quiet Honedge, missing HP =( but still good.
  14. Crimzonlogic

Crimzonlogic

I hatched 50 more eevee eggs, and got a shiny! So that makes my total:
    550 hatched
    2 shiny

This eevee was the last shiny that I really wanted and I probably won't purposely try to hatch another shiny, so I won't keep track of eggs any more. I had pretty good luck with my shiny quest. I'm happy.
    But wow, it's a female modest eevee, has its hidden ability, and Iv's appear to be 31/?/31/27/31/31 That is incredibly lucky! What should I evolve it into? I'm leaning towards espeon so I can name it Palutena. 'Cause espeon is green, like her hair. :) Decided on espeon.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  15. IrishEclipse

IrishEclipse

Update #3 :D

No 2nd Shiny Ponyta, but they are being put on hold, so I can get a Shiny Charmander instead

Pokemon - Vulpix; Number of Eggs Hatched: 35; Egg # Shiny Vulpix Achieved: 31
    Pokemon - Ponyta; Number of Eggs Hatched: 420; Egg # Shiny Ponyta Achieved: 332
    Pokemon - Charmander; Number of Eggs Hatched: 60; Egg # Shiny Charmander Achieved: N/A
    Total: 515 Eggs
    Shinies: 2
  16. NoDice

NoDice

Updated with Mawile batch, no shinies this time... quite surprised actually!
  17. pokekid88

pokekid88

Update:

egg count: 5110
    Shiny: 7

(1002th egg) Kricketot
    (1088th egg) Blitzle
    (2376th egg) Cottonee
    (3340th egg) Eevee
    (3840th egg) Misdreavus
    (3841th egg) Shuppet
    (5108th egg) Vulpix

working on shiny cherubi now....
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  18. Trigger_Impact

Trigger_Impact

Ok, so at 600 eggs, no shiny.
    Decided to switch it up, I'm now using an English Fennekin and an Italian Ditto.

I know it doesn't help my chances but I guess foreign Dittos are just a wives tale for luck >.>
  19. drgoku282

drgoku282

Just an update, haven't got too much time so only 90 more eggs

Total:
    Eggs: 720
    Shiny: 1
  20. MCScizorite

MCScizorite

Hey there guys I just got my Shiny charm last night and I was wondering I'm gonna pledge 300 eggs but I'm gonna do things a little differntly I won't hatch my eggs I'm just gonna keep them in my boxes then use Mas Dumper to check which ones if any have a ESV that matches my TSV, since those would count as being shiny, plus I can just upload my progress with the spreadsheet that it spits out
  21. IrishEclipse

IrishEclipse

Update 4...

So I strayed off the path again, I wanted to breed a competitive team, and so while breeding I happened to get a Shiny Joltik, upset that yet again I bred a non-competitive Pokemon, but it's a shiny, so hey... without further ado my results

Pokemon - Vulpix; Number of Eggs Hatched: 35; Egg # Shiny Vulpix Achieved: 31
    Pokemon - Ponyta; Number of Eggs Hatched: 420; Egg # Shiny Ponyta Achieved: 332
    Pokemon - Charmander; Number of Eggs Hatched: 85; Egg # Shiny Charmander Achieved: N/A
    Pokemon - Absol; Number of Eggs Hatched: 45; Egg # Shiny Absol Achieved: N/A
    Pokemon - Skarmory; Number of Eggs Hatched: 55; Egg # Shiny Skarmory Achieved: N/A
    Pokemon - Joltik; Number of Eggs Hatched: 75; Egg # Shiny Joltik Achieved: 64
    Total: 715 Eggs
    Shinies: 3
  22. Trigger_Impact

Trigger_Impact

I want your luck
    IrishEclipse likes this.
  23. MagusDiablo

MagusDiablo

Just made 300 eggs, no shiny on these.
    Eggs total: 3450
    Shinies: 5
    DarkGengar likes this.
  24. Quietus

Quietus

Update, doing batches of 100 :

Batch 1 : Nothing
    Batch 2 : Venipede
    Batch 3 : Nothing
    Batch 4 : Venipede #2
    Batch 5 : Nothing
    Batch 6 : Nothing
    Batch 7 : Gastly

Total : 700 eggs, 3 shinies.
  25. thiagodd

thiagodd

Hatched batches 7 and 8

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)