Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

I contributed a few hundred eggs to this a while back, but stopped keeping track of how many eggs I hatched because it was tedious. I've been breeding for shinies often since I stopped keeping track and have probably hatched a few thousand eggs. This weekend I wanted to try breeding a shiny noibat. My question is this: Would it be okay to just keep track of how many noibats I hatch, or do you think the many non-counted eggs I hatched before would somehow offset that data?

So I started breeding for a shiny Bulbasaur and reached my goal from last time (200) without really realizing it, so I'll pledge another 300. I'm 94 eggs into this batch so far and still going strong!

Total eggs: 694
Shinies: 3

Hi, i'm new in this thread but I would like to contribute because I have lot of time doing the MM with the Shiny Charm and for the moment my personal chance is: 1 / 528, I've breed 14 shinies in 7400 eggs in total, now i'm going to start breeding for a shiny Treecko.

I have hatched a shiny amaura on the 51st egg so that means that my chances are 5/1091. I have just been extremely lucky lately with my shinies and I think I will go for a fennekin next. I don't even know what the IVs are for the amaura but I will check that later.

Edit: I managed to finish the batch and I did not get a shiny fennekin. I hatched 120 eggs total so my odds are 5/1160 or 1/232.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I contributed a few hundred eggs to this a while back, but stopped keeping track of how many eggs I hatched because it was tedious. I've been breeding for shinies often since I stopped keeping track and have probably hatched a few thousand eggs. This weekend I wanted to try breeding a shiny noibat. My question is this: Would it be okay to just keep track of how many noibats I hatch, or do you think the many non-counted eggs I hatched before would somehow offset that data?
I hatched hundreds of eggs before I started contributing, including 2 of the shinies in my sig. So long as you don't count shinies from before you started counting, I think you'll be fine. :)

EDIT: Maybe I misunderstood your question though. Apologies if this is the case!

Finally a bit of luck for me, hatched 2 shinies in this batch.

Shiny Litwick at egg #3327
Shiny Honedge at egg #3551

Total:
3600 eggs
6 Shiny

Updated and added
Since breeding isnt a chain I dont see how it would skew the data in any way. So just add your new totals to the old ones when you get them. Either that or we can reset your data and just use the new input.

Two ways: some people use outside tools, like powersaves, to view the exact IVs of their pokemon, and some people like me use IV checkers, like this one from serebii, where you plug in the stats of your pokemon at certain levels (usually level 50--go to the Battle Institute and your level 1 pokemon is auto leveled to 50). The second one sometimes has to estimate (e.g. 7,8 if it could be one or the other), so that solution works best when you give the checker more information, like what the hidden power type is and whatnot.
thanks a bunch~ i'll give that a go ^^

and hidden power type? ive never heard of that

I swear Klefki is a lucky charm

UPDATE
Total eggs hatched: 4205
New shinies: 1

Total shinnies: 9

Shiny Pinsir @ #795

Shiny Fennekin @ #1524

Shiny Gligar @ #2160

Shiny Tyrogue @ #3529

Shiny Tyrogue @ #3595

Shiny Kangaskhan @ #3731

Shiny Klefki @ #4163

Shiny Klefki @ #4200

Shiny Klefki @ #4205

Ladies and gentlemen, I am God

I have done the impossible
hatched 4 shines in two days so without further ado

UPDATE
Total eggs hatched: 4300
New shinies: 2

Total shinnies: 10

Shiny Pinsir @ #795

Shiny Fennekin @ #1524

Shiny Gligar @ #2160

Shiny Tyrogue @ #3529

Shiny Tyrogue @ #3595

Shiny Kangaskhan @ #3731

Shiny Klefki @ #4163

Shiny Klefki @ #4200

NEW Shiny Klefki @ #4205

NEW Shiny Klefki @ #4292

Ladies and gentlemen, I am God

Shiny Klefki @ #4163

Shiny Klefki @ #4200

NEW Shiny Klefki @ #4205

NEW Shiny Klefki @ #4292
Want to hatch some eggs for me? :P
I'm at an almost exact same egg total [when I finish this batch], and you have 10 shinies to my 3 D:

Want to hatch some eggs for me? :P
I'm at an almost exact same egg total [when I finish this batch], and you have 10 shinies to my 3 D:
Don't take it hard I have hatched over 30 000 eggs in my Pokemon career, and I only have 14 shinies to my name

Don't take it hard I have hatched over 30 000 eggs in my Pokemon career, and I only have 14 shinies to my name
That sucks :(

It feels like the shiny charm has done nothing to help me, and was a waste of time. I got more shinies, easier, without it :/

Jap Ditto + whatever I'm breeding. Unless I'm IV breeding [e.g oshawott]. Then I iv breed that in my french game, and use that with my ived english game.
I can't say for certain but with my Klefki, I recently started using one that originated in my game (ie using my 6IV Ditto with a Klefki I caught in my Y game)
before then I used Pokedit since I was so lazy so neither parents were from my Y game

Try use a Poke you bred yourself with a foreign Ditto, maybe that will help

I can't say for certain but with my Klefki, I recently started using one that originated in my game (ie using my 6IV Ditto with a Klefki I caught in my Y game)
before then I used Pokedit since I was so lazy so neither parents were from my Y game

Try use a Poke you bred yourself with a foreign Ditto, maybe that will help
That's what I'm doing.

Sigh, I'm finished with batch 8, but still no shiny. It's really taking my motivation away...

Batch 1: o/100
batch 2: 0/100
batch 3: 0/100
batch 4: 0/100
batch 5: 0/100
batch 6: 0/100
batch 7: 0/100
batch 8: 0/100

Total egg hatch: 800
Total shiny: 0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)