Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
It looks like my luck with getting wild encounters when MM breeding is still holding strong. Caught a shiny illumise after drifting too far south on the daycare route. Then I forgot my 3DS somewhere horribly inconvenient, so now I have to wait until the weekend to play. -.-

Who cares about MM? Wild captures. All the wild captures.

Current Shiny Count:
Shiny horsea @ 1303

Eggs hatched this session: 181
Bred Shinies: 0 :(
Wild Shinies: 1 :)

Total Eggs hatched: 1493
Bred Shinies: 1
Wild Shinies: 4

Last edited:
New update:
1930 - Shiny Shinx
2218 - Shiny Furfrou
3428 - Shiny Absol
4488- Shiny Pumpkaboo
5245 - Total

I'm hoping for a shiny in the next lot of eggs. Now.. what to breed for.

A couple updates. Shiny count and egg totals remain the same, but I did catch a wild Shiny Bellsprout while EV training on route 14.

Also, I decided to start doing KeySAV and ESV/TSV shiny egg hatching. So, unfortunately, this will be my last post in this thread. Why do I feel like I'm letting you guys down? I don't know. I've contributed over 5,000 eggs to this project which I feel is substantial. It just feels like I'm cheating and I don't like it. OH WELL. I like shinies even more :)

I'll keep lurking to see how many shinies you guys are hatching, keep up the good work!!

A couple updates. Shiny count and egg totals remain the same, but I did catch a wild Shiny Bellsprout while EV training on route 14.

Also, I decided to start doing KeySAV and ESV/TSV shiny egg hatching. So, unfortunately, this will be my last post in this thread. Why do I feel like I'm letting you guys down? I don't know. I've contributed over 5,000 eggs to this project which I feel is substantial. It just feels like I'm cheating and I don't like it. OH WELL. I like shinies even more :)

I'll keep lurking to see how many shinies you guys are hatching, keep up the good work!!
Can't you Masuda Method, and then when the ESV matches your TSV, count that towards your goal? Then you'd still be updating, without cheating as that is what would normally be a shiny in your game. Plus, you wouldn't feel bad about not staying with the thread?[/quote]

59/200 - Hello, shiny Venipede. I was only in the middle of IV breeding one for my team so it has only two IVs and, just my luck, the wrong ability. Oh well, a shiny is a shiny, but I'm keeping at it for now.

Another Update: 851 eggs and still 0 shinies :c

I'm hoping, even though it might not make sense, that if I pass the 880 mark, and add the 120 eggs from my first non-shiny charm MM shiny it'll make 1000 eggs total and give me my shiny Froakie D:!!

I've already got a few 6IV ones, hung onto one female 6IV and swapped my breeding mother with a 5IV one I bred in the hopes of getting a shiny.
I think if I get to 880 Froakie eggs with no shiny I might just try for something else haha

[Edit]
881 Eggs down and still no shiny :C
Gah, I'll do one more box before I take a break from hatching. I'm getting a little disheartened

Last edited:
Can't you Masuda Method, and then when the ESV matches your TSV, count that towards your goal? Then you'd still be updating, without cheating as that is what would normally be a shiny in your game. Plus, you wouldn't feel bad about not staying with the thread?
[/quote]

I am still using a JAP Ditto to gather eggs. So yeah, I'll keep count of how many I gather and count those as eggs hatched (not hatched technically but for all intents and purposes of this thread they would be) and if one of their ESVs does match mine, I'll hatch it in my game and count it towards my shinies.

Edit: Midnyte let me know if you don't think this data should count towards my totals and I won't update anymore. I still would be hatching all the eggs I gather, the only difference is me knowing which one is going to be shiny, if any.

I finally finished the pokedex and got my shiny charm, so I'll pledge to hatch 500 eggs in 5 batches of 100, I might add to that if I fail to hatch any shinies at all.

Japanese ditto X English Charizard

Batch 1: 0/100, No shinies
Batch 2: 0/100,No shinies
Batch 3: 0/100, nothing
Batch 4: 0/100, no shinies
Batch 5: 0/100, no shinies
Batch 6: 0/100, no shinies
Batch 7: 1/100 finally! Shiny charmander 31/31/31/31/31/12

Japanese Milotic X English HA Froakie

Batch 8: 0/100 no shinies
Batch 9: 0/100 no shinies
Batch 10: 0/100 no shinies
Batch 11: 2/100 my best so far. froakie @6 W/Torrent 24/31/31/22/31/31
Froakie @92 W/protean 31/31/31/24/31/31

English Lucario X Japanese Ditto

Batch 12: In progress

Total eggs hatched:1151
Total shines:3

Wow, this takes dedication! But I'll keep at it, meanwhile my friend finds out that the Tyranitar she's had for years now is shiny, I only explained to her what shiny's were a day ago! Happy for her all the same.

Last edited:
MM EGGS
1930 - Shiny Shinx
2218 - Shiny Furfrou
3428 - Shiny Absol
4488- Shiny Pumpkaboo
5507 - Shiny Honedge
5605 - Total

Yay, another shiny! So excited!
1:1,121
At least it is slowly getting smaller.

So, after quite some time not being able to MM, I hatched a batch of 60 eggs today. And I got a new shiny! Shiny timid protean froakie with a X/31/31/31/31/31 spread on the 40th egg. Thats... pretty sweet. And he's got 12 hp too, so the HP IV shouldn't be that bad either. Much better than the last one that was 31/31/31/02/31/31. Yay! I'll update my original post.

Results:

276 Fletchlings hatched. 1 shiny (260th)
180 Froakies hatched. 2 shines (68th, 160th)

Edit:
Total: 456 eggs hatched, 3 shinies. 1/152 shiny rate.

Last edited:
So, after quite some time not being able to MM, I hatched a batch of 60 eggs today. And I got a new shiny! Shiny timid protean froakie with a X/31/31/31/31/31 spread on the 40th egg. Thats... pretty sweet. And he's got 12 hp too, so the HP IV shouldn't be that bad either. Much better than the last one that was 31/31/31/02/31/31. Yay! I'll update my original post.

Results:

276 Fletchlings hatched. 1 shiny (260th)
180 Froakies hatched. 2 shines (68th, 160th)

Edit:
Total: 456 eggs hatched, 3 shinies. 1/152 shiny rate.
Congrats!
I'm so jealous :C haha

I have started hoarding the first 60 egg batch for my next project: A shiny, level ball, competitive Arcanine. Wish me luck, people.

Congrats!
I'm so jealous :C haha
Thanks. ;)

About your 880 froakie eggs, most people here have nice results when switching pokemons for a while. So hatch something else for a while and then come back for your froakie. It keeps things fresh. It is also very nice for your trading supplies. I got a few nice things for my 5iv leftovers.

Edit: Also, my first shiny froakie (A lv50 shiny greninja with 4hp/252SpA/252Spe by now) is avaliable for trade. PM me if you have something nice to offer.

Edit 2: Hatched 60 growlithe eggs. No shinies so far.

Last edited:
Added and updated

I am still using a JAP Ditto to gather eggs. So yeah, I'll keep count of how many I gather and count those as eggs hatched (not hatched technically but for all intents and purposes of this thread they would be) and if one of their ESVs does match mine, I'll hatch it in my game and count it towards my shinies.

Edit: Midnyte let me know if you don't think this data should count towards my totals and I won't update anymore. I still would be hatching all the eggs I gather, the only difference is me knowing which one is going to be shiny, if any.[/quote]

I dont see a problem with adding that data to the sheet.

after a really long time i'm back and have an update
Tried hand for a shiny female ralts but to no avail, then made up my mind for a fletchling but still no luck and finally when i was just breeding for a perfect shiny gligar i ended up with wrong nature and wrong ability gligar that too with only 4 ivs and 0 iv in defense, still its a shiny so
EGGS HATCHED: 2070
Shinies: 5

Last edited:
Total MM egg count: 17515

Shiny: 28
(1002th egg) Kricketot (Pokeball)
(1088th egg) Blitzle (Pokeball)
(2376th egg) Cottonee (Dusk Ball)
(3340th egg) Eevee (Love Ball)
(3840th egg) Misdreavus (Moon Ball)
(3841th egg) Shuppet (Moon Ball)
(5108th egg) Vulpix (Love Ball)
(5343th egg) Cherubi (Love Ball)
(5410th egg) Mawile (Moon Ball)
(5767th egg) Yamask (Moon Ball)
(6183th egg) Ralts (Love Ball)
(7623th egg) Fennekin (Pokeball)
(7852th egg) Sandshrew (Friend Ball)
(8167th egg) Roselia (Love Ball)
(9789th egg) Skorupi (Lure Ball) IVs: 27 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
(10096th egg) Gligar (Moon Ball)
(10188th egg) Rotom (Pokeball)
(11461th egg) Mawile (Moon Ball)
(11558th egg) Mawile (Moon Ball)
(11621th egg) Charmander (Moon Ball) IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
(11857th egg) Sudowoodo (Safari Ball)
(12140th egg) Togepi (Love Ball) IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 12 / 31 (Modest)
(12643th egg) Togepi (Love Ball) IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 4 / 31 (Timid)
(14357th egg) Togepi (Love Ball) IVs: 31 / 31 / 19 / 31 / 31 / 31 (Calm)
(15449th egg) Wooper (Love Ball) (Impish)
(15841th egg) Ponyta (Moon Ball) (Jolly) IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 9 / 31
(16859th egg) Sableye (Moon Ball) (Calm) IVs: 3 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
(17515th egg) Mudkip (Moon Ball) (Adamant) IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

No more MM shinies so far, but I did just catch a random encounter Shiny Nosepass! That's the second one in a week I've encountered because of the Shiny Charm.

Edit: It seems I have reached Shiny Critical Mass. My signature can not contain all the shininess!

Last edited:
sigh....Im really pissed of right now. been breeding in 2 3ds with shiny charm now for 6 days. 1,600 eggs and still no shiny porygon. im starting to feel like im never gonna get, ive spend so much time on this that im wondering if it was all just wasted time :( feel like quitting for good xD

sigh....Im really pissed of right now. been breeding in 2 3ds with shiny charm now for 6 days. 1,600 eggs and still no shiny porygon. im starting to feel like im never gonna get, ive spend so much time on this that im wondering if it was all just wasted time :( feel like quitting for good xD
Both of the save files on the 3DS's have the shiny charm, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)