Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

sigh....Im really pissed of right now. been breeding in 2 3ds with shiny charm now for 6 days. 1,600 eggs and still no shiny porygon. im starting to feel like im never gonna get, ive spend so much time on this that im wondering if it was all just wasted time :( feel like quitting for good xD
Its onli 1600 eggs....try hit 4500eggs with no shinies... i got a friend with shiny charm and his longest hunt is 4400+ eggs....LOL

I have started hoarding the first 60 egg batch for my next project: A shiny, level ball, competitive Arcanine. Wish me luck, people.

Thanks. ;)

About your 880 froakie eggs, most people here have nice results when switching pokemons for a while. So hatch something else for a while and then come back for your froakie. It keeps things fresh. It is also very nice for your trading supplies. I got a few nice things for my 5iv leftovers.

Edit: Also, my first shiny froakie (A lv50 shiny greninja with 4hp/252SpA/252Spe by now) is avaliable for trade. PM me if you have something nice to offer.

Edit 2: Hatched 60 growlithe eggs. No shinies so far.
Hmm, good idea, I actually also want an Arcanine hehe so maybe that will be the one I swap to. I have a 4/5IV (cant remember) one with the perfect moveset of egg moves and nature to breed with so maybe I'll have more luck with that :)

Good luck for your one too! :D

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Been thinking about why there is such a variation between personal chances in shiny hatching with MM. Maybe it has something to do with what number our TSV actually is? For example, my TSV is 1185, which factors into {3, 5, 79}. Not even, and only 3 prime factors. I wonder if the people with crazy ridiculous shiny luck have an even TSV with lots and lots of prime factors?

Who knows. I'm just speculating because I haven't hatched another counted MM shiny yet. -.-

---

Current Shiny Count:
Shiny horsea @ 1303

Eggs hatched this session: 99
Shinies: 0 :(

Total Eggs hatched: 1592
Shinies: 1

Been thinking about why there is such a variation between personal chances in shiny hatching with MM. Maybe it has something to do with what number our TSV actually is? For example, my TSV is 1185, which factors into {3, 5, 79}. Not even, and only 3 prime factors. I wonder if the people with crazy ridiculous shiny luck have an even TSV with lots and lots of prime factors?

Who knows. I'm just speculating because I haven't hatched another counted MM shiny yet. -.-

---

Current Shiny Count:
Shiny horsea @ 1303

Eggs hatched this session: 99
Shinies: 0 :(

Total Eggs hatched: 1592
Shinies: 1
Mine seems to be extremely rare too. My TSV is 3617 and I have yet to find a giveaway pokemon in r/SVeXchange that matches my TSV. Out of thousands of eggs literally not a single one has matched my TSV. Including the 5000+ I hatched only 6 of which matched lol

Edit: I just discovered my TSV is a Perfect Prime, not a single factor besides 1 and itself. That might have something to do with it lol.

Last edited:
Finally hatched my first ever 100% legit shiny (others were either event pokemon or traded to me) this is fun so I'll pledge another 500 eggs on top of my current 700.

This charmander is timid but only has speed IV of 12 (the only stat that isn't flawless) is that terrible?

Also since I'm thinking of switching to froakie now, I have a Japanese HA male but his IV's aren't so good, on the other hand I have a 5IV Japanese Milotic I could breed with my 5IV HA female instead but would I have better odds of the offspring having their HA if I bred the HA Male With the HA female?

Finally hatched my first ever 100% legit shiny (others were either event pokemon or traded to me) this is fun so I'll pledge another 500 eggs on top of my current 700.

This charmander is timid but only has speed IV of 12 (the only stat that isn't flawless) is that terrible?

Also since I'm thinking of switching to froakie now, I have a Japanese HA male but his IV's aren't so good, on the other hand I have a 5IV Japanese Milotic I could breed with my 5IV HA female instead but would I have better odds of the offspring having their HA if I bred the HA Male With the HA female?
Can't speak for your Charmander, but the male Pokemon has no influence on the offspring's ability. I have lots of male 5IV foreign Pokemon I use for MMing too (I have like a dozen foreign 5IV Froakies ...)

I've finished with my batch of 200 and have 2 shinies to show for it! Pledging another 500, I initially pledged only a little because I don't have a lot of time for breeding but I spend most of my free time playing Pokemon anyway so why not go for big even if it'll take a few weeks.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm currently at 570 Gastly eggs with no shiny (JP Ditto + ENG Gastly). I'll shoot for 900 total before I stop.

Can't speak for your Charmander, but the male Pokemon has no influence on the offspring's ability. I have lots of male 5IV foreign Pokemon I use for MMing too (I have like a dozen foreign 5IV Froakies ...)

I've finished with my batch of 200 and have 2 shinies to show for it! Pledging another 500, I initially pledged only a little because I don't have a lot of time for breeding but I spend most of my free time playing Pokemon anyway so why not go for big even if it'll take a few weeks.
I suspected it would be better to breed with Milotic but I wasn't certain, thanks!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I got shiny Gastly at #686. I'll probably try for another one because this one is missing SpA. :(

1/690

I'm currently trying for a shiny Hawlucha, it's giving me a really hard time, I'm nearing 1800 eggs, as for the other shinies I've hatched:

Skiddo on egg #299

Froakie on egg #998

Honedge on egg #100

Fletchling on egg #161

UPDATE
Total eggs hatched: 4700
New shinies: 0

Total shinnies: 10

Shiny Pinsir @ #795

Shiny Fennekin @ #1524

Shiny Gligar @ #2160

Shiny Tyrogue @ #3529

Shiny Tyrogue @ #3595

Shiny Kangaskhan @ #3731

Shiny Klefki @ #4163

Shiny Klefki @ #4200

Shiny Klefki @ #4205

Shiny Klefki @ #4292

Hey guys. Quite happy to hatch eggs for you on r/SVexChange.

My numbers are 2229 & 3063. I also have access to 3777 & 1054.

I'd really appreciate if someone could let me hatch one of their eggs, just to make sure that the numbers that someone told me were correct.

Update on eggs will be up in a few days - been busy working on my living dex.

It is with much grief and sadness that I come to you today. I'm here to tell you that I won't be able to continue with my MM efforts. What happened? Well, I transfered the contents of my 3DS to a newer one and, well, something bad must have happened during this, and I lost all my progress on Pokémon X & Pókemon Y. Luckily, I transfered all my Pokémons to PokéBank, and I think that I'll be able to get the Shiny Charm as soon as possible. But, for now, I won't try to make any eggs because of, well, the lack of Pokémons...

It is with much grief and sadness that I come to you today. I'm here to tell you that I won't be able to continue with my MM efforts. What happened? Well, I transfered the contents of my 3DS to a newer one and, well, something bad must have happened during this, and I lost all my progress on Pokémon X & Pókemon Y. Luckily, I transfered all my Pokémons to PokéBank, and I think that I'll be able to get the Shiny Charm as soon as possible. But, for now, I won't try to make any eggs because of, well, the lack of Pokémons...
That sucks! Hope you get the shiny charm again soon.

Hello, I just joined right now. I have been following this forum for a while and decided to finally join. I have been in the shiny hunt for awhile now and I would love to place my contributions. so far my stats are the following:
shinnies:

Growlithe: #1927th
Pumpkaboo: #2077th
Noibat: current (hatched 240 eggs so far and no shiny yet)
eggs hatched so far: 2,320

my goal is 3,000

Hey man, I don't have a solution for you or anything (unfortunately), but, was your your game downloaded from the e-Shop and on the SD card, or was it a physical copy? I'm just curious, and concerned and feeling empathic grief. That really sucks, man. Have you thought about e-mailing Nintendo's customer service, just to bring the issue to their attention?

Hey man, I don't have a solution for you or anything (unfortunately), but, was your your game downloaded from the e-Shop and on the SD card, or was it a physical copy? I'm just curious, and concerned and feeling empathic grief. That really sucks, man. Have you thought about e-mailing Nintendo's customer service, just to bring the issue to their attention?
Downloadable copy. And I'm pretty positive it was my fault. And I already restarted the game, so I've moved on already =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)