Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

fair enough I think i might wait until the game code gets exposed to confirm that one
What I am curious to see is if using a different language Pokemon and a same language one as the host game will still apply Masuda but the thing is both of these Pokemon are from Unova and not Kalos

should do because both of those pokemon will have different home regions (or countries)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method

the confusing part has always been the home region value and what is taken into account is it language or region

but what is region is a USA cart and a EU cart different? cause an EU cart language is dependent on the system settings it all very confusing.

what we do know is different languages should always work (unless in game trades with language difference)

since i can change the language on my DS then this should also not work since its the same "home region" even though the pokemon generated are now a different language. more research should be done into this.

of course the 3DS fixes the change language problem so maybe it does now work on region correctly.

Edit
---------------

looking into this further if we make the assumption position 0x17 is still used and that the new location data is stored in a new location and does not overwrite the data that is in 0x17 then is is completely based on language and not location. but that's only what we know in GEN 4 and GEN 5.

so flipping your language in Gen 4 and 5 works because 0x17 stored the language flag. in gen 6 on the other hand since you have to set your language at the start of the game we can assume its the same in Gen 6 and 0x17 is the language flag and nothing more.

kind of sucks

Last edited:
Current eggs hatched: 1725
Shinies:
Druddigon 881st
Roggenrola 1725

Changing parents (still don't know which, but I would like Vanillite)
Heading to the 2000

I've hatched 100 eggs with an American Swampert and a Japanese ditto with no luck so far.

Side question, I'm trying to get an adamant Mudkip but I still haven't gotten one after 100 hatches. Is it a rare nature?

I abandoned the Torchic project and started a Honedge one aaaaaaand: another shiny on the fourth box! And it was a 5IV Rash No Guard one, the missing IV was Defense.
Total: 3900 eggs
Shinies: 6.

I am so envious of all you guys who have multiple shinies and less than 1000 eggs hatched. I'm somewhere around 1500 and I only have one.
(don't report those numbers, Midnyte)
My shiny history is strange.

Before I had the shiny charm I hatched 800 eggs to get Charmander, 300 to get Ralts but I hatched 3000 trying to get Axew and I got nothing. So I decided to complete my dex and on the way I hatched a shiny Oshawott with pure luck somehow. I was able to get Axew eventually by horde farming with my shiny charm.

I've hatched 100 eggs with an American Swampert and a Japanese ditto with no luck so far.

Side question, I'm trying to get an adamant Mudkip but I still haven't gotten one after 100 hatches. Is it a rare nature?
Each nature has an equal chance of appearing on both an egg and a wild pokemon. To get the Adamant Mudkip, I would breed a female Mudkip (or any of its evolutions) with a male Adamant Pokemon in its egg group that is holding an everstone. This will guarantee an Adamant Mudkip that you can then breed with your ditto.

In short:

-breed Male Adamant Pokemon in Swampert's egg group (holding Everstone) w/ female Mudkip (or your Swampert if it is female)
-use the resulting Adamant Mudkip (with Everstone attached) to breed Adamant Mudkips

Edit: When passing down natures, attach the Everstone to the Pokemon that has the nature you want and the baby that hatches will ALWAYS have that nature. Happy hunting!

Update:
Eggs Hatched: 2230
Shinies: 3

Just hatched a shiny Brave Torchic with Blaze. I was trying to pass down my event Blaziken's speed boost to get a female Torchic w/ speed boost to breed an Adamant one, but the difference between Brave and Adamant speed-wise is only 26 points so I'm not too worried. And besides, Mega Blaziken has speed boost anyway :)

Guys, is anywhere a list where you can see how many Eggs got hatched in total and how many of them were shiny?
check midnyte's signature :) look back a few posts to find it.

Also, I know its only a small amount, but I was hatching Larvita's for a 5IV competitive 'mon, but used a MM method because the male father was foreign and English female.

so total so far is:

total hatched: 1380
total shines: 2

I just finished two Shuppet batches and no shiny on this one. I start to think that Mega Evolvable Pokémons don't like me =/

Total Eggs: 4200
Shiny: 6

Last edited:
have there been any conclusions drawn yet? If not, I can contribute. I'll pledge 300 eggs in batches of 100.

I've been working on this just for personal gain, at about 200 eggs, but I can reset my counter as of now.

Breeding FRE Ditto with domestic (ENG, USA) Aromatisse.

have there been any conclusions drawn yet? If not, I can contribute. I'll pledge 300 eggs in batches of 100.

I've been working on this just for personal gain, at about 200 eggs, but I can reset my counter as of now.

Breeding FRE Ditto with domestic (ENG, USA) Aromatisse.
if the data is correct then I would say yes it makes a difference but we're only 60% complete.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhIb4pLnCYU4dEFDZVhSQzNEUDJ2VnZZVV9FN255YVE&usp=sharing

it will probably be close to 1:512 when we hit the 200,000 mark which would make sense.

current batch of 500 complete

total eggs 800 shiny count 0

Last edited:
UPDATE: Hatched 150 Sneasels, 0 Shiny, Changed my mind and started with eevee, 150 more and boom, Shiny Eevee at #33. I have 150 Larvesta eggs ready to hatch xD

Total Eggs: 1750
Total Shiny: 5

I will pledge 1000 Scyther eggs.
Start smaller, chances are you'll get a shiny Scyther well before then. I usually do batches of 480 (16 boxes, 4 species of Pokémon, so 4 boxes and 120 eggs each). There's a decent chance one Pokémon of the 480 will be shiny so after that I just pick four more species to breed.

new pledge i'm going for another 500 eggs of a combination of mudkips and pidgeys (might as well do some IV breeding at the same time right!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)