Sassy Heatproof 252 HP / 86 Def. Bronzong:
92.9% - 110.1% - 1HKO w/ rocks

Bold 252 HP / 168 Def. Rotom-A
92.8% - 109.5%(and it can't burn you!)

Bold 252 HP / 252 Def. Cresselia
55% - 64.9% 2HKO

Impish 252 HP / 228 Def. Dusknoir
77.6% - 91.2%- 25% for 1HKO w/ rocks

Though SR + Flare Blitz + LO will drain it's HP too much... it's a nice Physical force that will not be able to be burned.

It appears the reasoning behind the natures is to allow Extremespeed to do as much damage as possible while still giving respect to their highest stats. Raikou could have been Mild instead, but I think they just wanted neutral natures.

The big question here is when are this moves going to be in Shoddy for us to use?

This moves have been known for a while, I wanna be able to use them already :E

The big question here is when are this moves going to be in Shoddy for us to use?

This moves have been known for a while, I wanna be able to use them already :E
That's what I say about my Gravity team. I'm not sure, but we might have to wait for Shoddy 2 and/or the Shoddy that simulates the 5th generation.

There are 2 things GameFreak want to do,

-They want us to start complaining about crappy natures, and want to see us explode

or......

-They want us to be creative, look at it, Hardy Pikachu, Relaxed Suicune

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There are 2 things GameFreak want to do,

-They want us to start complaining about crappy natures, and want to see us explode

or......

-They want us to be creative, look at it, Hardy Pikachu, Relaxed Suicune
Or, could just go RNG abuse myself a shiny flawless Bold/Timid Suicune with HP Flying (which has perfect accuracy and only 5 less base power, lol).

Why is Rash such a bad nature? If anything, it helps curb non-CM Raikous from destroying the meta too much by softening the giant Sp. DEF it has. CM Raikous don't care too much because Calm Mind will raise Special Defense anyway. +Sp. ATK isn't as good as + Speed, but it's cool.

Entei got the perfect nature.

Nobody cares about Suicune because Suicune didn't need any of it's exclusive moves.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Meh, I don't see how people can worry about Raikou "dominating" the metagame even if it got the correct nature. Just being able to 2-hko most of the meta IF it manages to hit the switch in with the RIGHT ATTACK, is not very impressive.

Raikou may be on a different level of speed, but the reason why fast sweepers like Azelf, Infernape and Gengar are not truly dominant in the meta is because they cannot win the long-term speed war. Choice Scarf (not to mention priority moves) creates a completely different dimention to the speed war, and without unnaturally high speed (ie. you are boosting yourself or your name is Deoxys-S), purely speed-based sweeping is not really all that viable. These fast sweepers are usually only able to take out 1 enemy poke at best in the early-mid game. Now if your name is Yache-Garchomp (you've got awesome typing and defensive base stats better than swampert's to go along with your high speed), it's a different story. Raikou's got fair defensive stats, but Pure Electric is lacking in resistances needed to help it set up, and bulky grounds (not to mention FLYGON) are completely immune to its main STAB. Fighting coverage certainly deals with the issue Zapdos/Jolteon's always had with Tyranitar, but the issue with ground types goes largely unresolved (especially since you'll be really tempted to tack on shadow ball and calm mind).

Plus, calm mind boosting is really better when you have good DEF to rely on (like Suicune). Suicune is a great calm minder. Latias (and ultimately Raikou too) is a "meh" calm minder, especially with the physical orientation of the meta.

Even if you say that Raikou can be great sweeping late game when the enemy is weakened enough that non-stab neutral attacks can finish stuff off-- the same can be said of almost any offensive pokemon in the game. Looking at things like Flygon and Lucario, Aura Sphere Raikou is nothing extra-ordinary in terms of late game sweeping.

I think Raikou would definitely make its way into OU with Timid Aura Sphere-- but I'd highly doubt it could make it into the top 10 on the usage rank. Definitely not top 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)