Shiny Pokemon Experiences

Ever found a shiny Pokemon

• Total voters
shinies in Pokemon hate me. My first ever shiny encounter was a dratini in leafgreen....... In the safari zone. I had 2 shiny encounters in one emerald playthrough a solrock and gloom respectively. Both became major players on that team (solrock was named red sun and gloom was named pacifist.) but this was before I found out that my emerald version is..... Special. Every time I beat the elite four my save game gets deleted thanks to some unknown glitch or breakage of the game. I have also run into a shiny wigglytuff and a shiny bagon. On a randomizer rom hack. However, in the potentially biggest case of karma ever, I was farming for an ubers viable mewtwo on Pokemon y and.... Shiny mewtwo! Who cares if its a careful nature? I'll get a mewrwonite x from someone.

Whenever I encounter a shiny in a horde while EV training, I always switch to whatever I'm training and let it die. That way it gets no EVs and I still can catch the Shiny. Obviously this wouldn't work for Geodude and Seviper/Zangoose hordes (thankfully I have not encountered one of those).
I do the exact opposite. If the horde doesn't give me the EVs I need, I don't bother letting my whole party die (I usually EV 5 pokémon at the same time) or having to use EV berries later on just for some non competitive shiny.

Shinies are fun. I have yet to have it happen, but any horde shinies will be caught by me if possible. My utility Venusaur has sleep powder for the occasion and I have every intention of letting my training Pokemon die.
Then again, I'm not bad-ass like Gabriel and train five at once (damn).

Before today, I haven't been lucky with shinies. My only shinies encountered were(not including Gyarados) a shiny Azurill in Black 2, and a shiny Magikarp in Emerald. Then today I encountered and caught a shiny Phantump and shiny Diggersby in the friend safari without the shiny charm.

Found a Shiny Stunky in a hoard a few weeks ago, my first wild shiny in years. It doesn't get my heart pumping like it used to, as the novelty has worn off, and anything caught in the wild is bound to be shit.

I was trying to breed an HP Fire Protean Froakie when I hatched a shiny one. I'm pretty pessimistic so I looked at its ability expecting Torrent, but well, at least it had Protean. Then I checked its Hidden Power type and it was fire. Wow, looks like RNG didn't mess this one up so much. Then I took it to the judge in Batika City. It has flawless HP, Def and Sp.Def. Pretty cool. Now if it has 30 Sp.Atk and Speed then it'll have the best IV spread possible. So I did an IV battle... and thanks RNG for making my perfect HP Fire Protean Froakie a shiny one!

Been trying to MM, and managed to get a shiny Honedge egg 654. However it sadly had 31/31/31/31/0/0. I wanted 0 speed but 0 sp.def was a killer. :( However I kept going because I had some leftover eggs and on egg 702 I got a 31/11/27/31/31/0 shiny! I'm running Sub Toxic Quiet so aside from the 4 missing def EVs it's perfect! I then started MMing for a bellyjet marill and on egg 388 I got a shiny 31/31/16/31/31/31! The def is a shame but it shouldn't be enough to critically affect it competitively since it will ultimately depend on me picking an adequate set up opportunity. Do both sound good enough for competitive use? Going for Sceptile next for X/Y!

I just randomly got a shiny Dwebble in my Y file! My first random encounter shiny! I have yet to check her stats, but I'm not too worried about it, I'm just really happy I finally encountered a shiny instead of hatching one.

So I go to EV train my Timid Lightning Rod Pichu (eh, useful experience for better Pokemon with unavoidable babies) on Route 12 from Shalour City, turn on EXP Share, give it the Power Anklet in preparation to Boomburst some Wingull with my Noivern, and have Bellossom use Sweet Scent. First horde I encounter is...Mareep. But then the one second to the left sparkles in all its pink wool glory. I proceed to systematically drop meteors on the other four and catch it in a Repeat Ball, then continue EV training. I check the Mareep's stats and of course its best stat, Sp. Atk, sucks.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
However, in the potentially biggest case of karma ever, I was farming for an ubers viable mewtwo on Pokemon y and.... Shiny mewtwo! Who cares if its a careful nature? I'll get a mewrwonite x from someone.
If you're going to tell a lie, you should at least make sure that it could be possible.

My first shinies were in gold and silver. I transferred a Tentacruel from my Yellow version and it came out Shiny. In the same Silver version, I caught a shiny Oddish. In Ruby I caught a Shiny Poochyena. Encountered a shiny wobuffet as well, but it ran.

My biggest shiny catch was getting a shiny Hitmontop in colosseum. I didn't understand how rare that was until years later.

Just now I caught a Shiny Magmar in the friend safari. And a few weeks ago I hatched my first ever MM shiny, a Jolly Riolu.

I think I caught a shiny Makuhita in ... Sapphire? Or Emerald, once. Given how often I reset games because they get fucking boring with nothing to do at the end, the lack of any way to transport it to a future game (mostly because they didn't exist then), and not knowing where the hell my Sapphire/Emerald is currently, I have no idea if its still alive.

My first shiny was a shiny Ponyta on my Pokemon Soul Silver. I was so excited at the time, it was one of my favorite pokemon as well.
And the blue manes look so awesome, so yay!

And then Pokemon X came around. I read on the internet about the chain fishing method. I decided to try it out, and after a few tries I caught a shiny Luvdisc. (Most horrible pokemon ever, but oh well. It's shiny I guess.)

And that is where my shiny obsession begun. Oh boy, I spend a lot of time searching for them.

Through an event at my local game store, I got a shiny Giratina, Dialga and Palkia. Not really an accomplishment, but nice to have in your box nonetheless.
With the fishing method, I managed to hook a shiny Horsea, Basculin (Twice, because the first one just had to kill itself), Clauncher 2x and Alomola.

A reasonable amount of shinies, and I was proud. But it wasn't enough, nope. One can never have too many shinies!
So, the chaining method with the Pokeradar was next.
Worked out nice for me, I got a shiny Skiddo, Doduo, Pancham, Duckling, Swirlix and Croagunk.

And as a desert, I found a shiny Ursaring and Spinda while training up some Pokemon.

My current project is breeding with the Masuda method, and until now I got a shiny Lapras and Charmander.

I'm proud of my list, but I want more! Chikorita will be my next, can't wait.

I'm a shiny hunter so my story is very long.
My first shiny was a poochiena in sapphire, but was that part of the game you can get only 5 pokeballs and I finished them.
My second shiny was a Spinda, in the same game of poochiena and I caught him, so Spinda is my first real shiny.
Before pokémon White 2, I only had 3 shiny mons: spinda, golem, xatu.
One day, while i was playing White 2, I heard of Masuda Method and I tried it. The first I MMed was Piplup. Mauda Method worked and my joy was extreme so I started to do a lot of eggs and i a few moths I reached more or less 15 shinies.
After this, pokémon XY arrived and I bought Y. I still remember the happiness of finding my first shiny on Y: relicanth. (chain fishing was real, so I got like 10 mons from this method)
But one day I was walking in a safari when a shiny Frogadier appeared. I was extremely happy. I was so excited that everyday I tried all the existing methods in order to find shiny mons. This is how I reached 95 shiny mons! In this moment I am looking for other shinies. I don't care about trading shinies: for me only the shiny mons I caught have value, so each of my 95 shines are mine, with my OT.

i've run into 6 shinies, and thankfully have caught every single one. i'm absolutely terrified of running into a shiny abra or shiny anything that explodes.

first shiny: zubat in emerald. i nearly shat myself. i had to take a moment to process; i didn't even do anything at first. 'is that really a shiny?' 'people actually run into these?' i was so careful not to accidentally hit run away or KO it, and i was so nervous i wasn't going to catch it, but thankfully i did.

second shiny: machop in pearl. i don't really recall this one too well, but it was pretty awesome. it's kind of silly thinking about it now, but i vaguely remember 'oh, another shiny. cool.' after almost losing control of all my bodily functions from the first one, the magic had gone away almost entirely lol.

third shiny: regirock, also in emerald. this was shortly after the 3rd gen RNG had been cracked, and i knew that the RNG just counted up from when you started the game, so while resetting for regirock, i was SRing and just leaving the game on for random periods of time and just took a break to get some food, take a shower, whatever it was i needed to do and then came back to see what had come up and got so excited at SHINY FUCKING REGIROCK that i wasted my masterball on it just not to take any chances. unlike my shiny machop, i felt the rush of excitement when i ran into shiny zubat.

i've caught a few in x, but i believe the safari has a high chance for shinies just from what i've seen (and personally experienced) and one of them was from chain fishing (although none of them were intentional)

first was a shiny pansear in the friend safari. it was the first person i had added after beating the E4, and the first safari i had gone into, and there it was. it was pretty exciting, and i have quite a lot of my catching mons (things with status, false swipe, etc.), so i wasn't really nervous about catching it, but it was a nice way to celebrate finishing the game.

second was a shiny luvdisc i got while trying to farm for heart scales. i only found out later about chainfishing, but even if i had known about it, i got him after a chain of only 5 or so. luvdisc is a pretty adorable shiny... my only problem is no ball really seems to match except the unavailable park ball.

the third and last was a meditite in another safari. i was just looking around to see what was in them, so i wasn't prepared to catch anything. had to throw about 10 dive balls to get him lol. i was just checking real quick before i had to go with my girlfriend and a friend from our building (i don't even recall where we were going), but they were waiting on me, i was just thinking 'just catch it!'
i asked my girlfriend to come over to help, really nervous shy might hit run, so while i was explaining 'just hit this yellow button, and then this one, do NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES HIT THE BLUE BUTTON' i managed to get a critical catch in a dive ball.
'nevermind!' obsessively saved like 5 times, finished getting ready, and we left lol.

After a month and a half of breeding a box or so of Honedge at a time, and soft-reseting if that "batch" didn't work, I finally got my first owned shiny. It's a 31/31/1/31/31/31 Quiet one, and I'm thrilled (that Defense sucks though...). To give it the love it deserves, I restarted my X Version (aka, the one I play for fun; Y is my breeding, money-making, and storage game) and am going to love the crap out of it the whole time. I just have to get to Route 6 where Honedge normally first are before I give myself the permission to take it out of the box. I have my rules.

The only other natural one I've seen was a Zubat in Sapphire I believe, and I was out of anything to catch it with... That seems like a common story. Stupid Zubat double trolling the community. I still like Zubats and the evolutionary line though, maybe for wont of catching that one when I saw it. XD

Huh. I seem to attract shinies compared to some of you.

The first shiny I got was an Ledyba, back in Silver. Between Silver and crystal, I also got a Furret and a spinarak, but wasn't able to keep the spinarak because the battery died before I was able to save. Then I got a Shiny geodude in Platinum, that I used in a mono-earth Heartgold playthrough. In X, I've found a klefky, a pyroar, a female nidoran, a relicanth and two magikarps. And a heatmoar, through wondertrade. All of these from just playing the game without actively hunting them. I also got a froakie and a fletchling using Masuda in X and a bunch of other from trading.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
My first shiny I ever ran into was on my Crystal version; A shiny machoke in the cave between Ecruteak town and the town with the Lake of Rage (god it's been forever since I've played my Soul Silver). When I caught it, I didn't know what the hell it was. I was with my friend, and we couldn't figure out why it had blue bits and grey skin. I don't think I even made the connection it sparkled in the same way as the Red Gyarados, but then again I was only like 8.

My second shiny was a zubat on my Leaf Green. I went into that Altering Cave place, and I had no idea what was up with it apart from that there were lots of Zubats, but I managed to get the idea in my head it was easier to get a shiny there. Sure enough, after 5 minutes of wandering around, I found one. I was shit-scared because I only had one ultra ball and no weak pokemon to lower it, but I managed to capture it after my Zapdos T-Waved it.

My third shiny was a Dragalge chain-fishing on my Y. Not really a special shiny, but still a memorable occasion.

My fourth was this shiny Noibat in a friend safari. Surprisingly, it was Timid (no synchronizer) with IVs in SpAtk and Spd. It had Telepathy, but that didn't stop me from using as a cool teammate.

My fifth was a Gabite in the exact same safari as the noibat.

[not mentioning the hundreds of shinies i've tsv hatched or rng'd because they ain't as special as random encounters :I]

Last edited:
I encountered a shiny Ponyta, Geodude, and Tentacruel in my HeartGold version, but I was only able to catch the Tentacruel because I started carrying Poke Balls with at that point. Then in Black 2, I caught a shiny Foongus and Drifblim within an hour of each other. All crap pokes, but... Then in Y, I caught a shiny Aipom in the friend safari, but its nature was bold. Then found a shiny Protean Frogadier in the safari (duh) but I didn't catch it. Then, on the Pokemon Showdown wifi room, I have won 4 competitive shinies in giveaways: Cloyster, Miltank, Tyrunt, and Reuniclus. And if you are wondering, those competitive shinies are all blue.

I hatched three shiny pokemon: a Squirtle in my Black, and a Gligar and a Ralts in my X version. And two months ago I caught a shiny Virizion in Black.

My first shiny I ever ran into was on my Crystal version; A shiny machoke in the cave between Ecruteak town and the town with the Lake of Rage (god it's been forever since I've played my Soul Silver). When I caught it, I didn't know what the hell it was. I was with my friend, and we couldn't figure out why it had blue bits and grey skin. I don't think I even made the connection it sparkled in the same way as the Red Gyarados, but then again I was only like 8.

My second shiny was a zubat on my Leaf Green. I went into that Altering Cave place, and I had no idea what was up with it apart from that there were lots of Zubats, but I managed to get the idea in my head it was easier to get a shiny there. Sure enough, after 5 minutes of wandering around, I found one. I was shit-scared because I only had one ultra ball and no weak pokemon to lower it, but I managed to capture it after my Zapdos T-Waved it.

My third shiny was a Dragalge chain-fishing on my Y. Not really a special shiny, but still a memorable occasion.

My fourth was this shiny Noibat in a friend safari. Surprisingly, it was Timid (no synchronizer) with IVs in SpAtk and Spd. It had Telepathy, but that didn't stop me from using as a cool teammate.

My fifth was a Gabite in the exact same safari as the noibat.
but Dragalge IS a special shiny!

And, I just ran into a shiny wingull when I was horde training. It threw off my training but I still caught it. I was just thinking about how running into a shiny would throw off my training and BAM, a shiny.

And, I just ran into a shiny wingull when I was horde training. It threw off my training but I still caught it. I was just thinking about how running into a shiny would throw off my training and BAM, a shiny.
Happens to me all the time. Most of my shinies are from hordes whilst EV training, heh. Just today I found an Arbok, but fortunately I was training attack anyway :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)