Shiny Pokemon Experiences

Ever found a shiny Pokemon

• Total voters
Just Yesterday I found a shiny Ludicolo when I was surfing around in X. The IV's aren't good, but it has Modest and Swift Swim so I got pretty lucky

My first shiny was in Black 2. And, that actually wasn't too long ago: Around last year June. I felt so ecstatic: My first Pokémon game was LeafGreen/FireRed, and after that, I didn't play Pokémon for a few years until my cousin got Pearl and gave it to me. Once I got Black 2, I had just begun to get into competitive battling.

Anyway, it was during around August or July, when all the hype for X and Y was happening. I was breeding and catching Pokémon to try and complete my Pokédex and transfer them in preparation for X and Y and suddenly - a Shiny Pichu was hatched.

At first, I was sceptical because I could barely tell the difference between a normal Pichu and a Shiny one. I sat there just going like "... Is that shiny?" and was so ecstatic when I found out it was. xD Unfortunately, didn't breed for natures or IVs or Volt Tackle, but I was still content!

I just have no idea where it could be since I transferred it to X, but my 3DS was stolen with X in it. ;-; Oh well.

First shiny was a Makuhita on a Ruby file in the cave where you're supposed to go search for Steven in (Forget what the place was called, but it's the place that you go to catch Mawiles.). I thought my game glitched because of the shiny animation and how it looked all red... I was an idiot back then xD. I deleted that file...

Second was the Red Gyarados in Johto. Lels.

Third, fourth, fifth and sixth were in X. Two in the friend safari, a Modest Protean Frogadier (Ivs were in HP and SpAtk. Scarfed Greninja anyone? xD) in the friend safari, an Octillery that I bumped into and I later GTS'd it. Three that I hatched, a shiny Pancham that I had hatched in 5 eggs (so I was really happy :]), a shiny Scatterbug that I didn't realise was shiny until I was about to release it (I was watching videos while breeding.... so yeah.), and a shiny Skiddo that I Mesuda Methoded (I gave it to someone though :]).

And this last one really makes me mad (I didn't catch it). I was SR'ing Cobalion (not for shininess) on my Black 2 game and I noticed a weird colour scheme on my 80th+ try. I didn't really know what a shiny Cobalion looked like, and after a long second of staring, I realised it was a shiny! I wanted to catch it but accidentally ran away from it...

I've been trying to get a shiny Protean Froakie for a while now. None yet, but I have three shiny Torrent Froakie...the most recent one even has perfect HP/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe. I'll keep going, but here's hoping for a hidden ability version of the Ability Capsule. I keep the female Protean Froakies, and I have probably over 100 of those for some perspective of how many eggs I hatched.

My luck has been much better with my other Masuda breeds. HP/Def/SpA/SpD Quiet Honedge, HP/Def/SpD Adamant Beldum on the second shiny, and HP/Atk/SpA/SpD/Spe Modest Charmander. Non-perfects weren't too bad either. Note that none of them really care what their ability is. I also got an accident Sand Veil Gible while preparing parents for a Rough Skin Gible breed, but shiny Chomp sux, IVs weren't too great, and it had no egg moves, so I gave it away.

Wild encounters include Makuhita, Basculin, Geodude, Rhyhorn, Gulpin, and a Seviper in a Zangoose horde. I got all but the Geodude and the Seviper :[ rip in peace
My luck has been the same with my Masuda breeds. I will usually do full odd shiny hunts on the sides but Masuda method is my strength. I've hatched a shiny adamant Mudkip Atk/Def/SpA/SpD ,a shiny adamant Shinx with HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe, and many more. Some people might say it's boring but I enjoy this method the most. <3

I've played Pokemon for 12 years and the only shinies I've found up until this week was a Zubat in Diamond and a Graveler in Platinum, which used Explosion before I could catch it.

Just this week, while working on getting the Shiny Charm, I found four shinies--Phantump, Mincinno, Chansey, and Gyarados, all unintentionally. Plus a shiny Mankey with poor IVs someone decided to trade on the GTS for a Snorunt (I was looking for dex fodder, but the shininess was definitely a bonus). It's like all of my past luck just saved itself up until now. I don't know how much the Shiny Charm raises your chances, but if four/five in a week (which I gather is just a bit higher than standard for the numbers of wild battles I've gone through this week--Chansey EXP+Lucky Egg farming) is standard for XY I really can't wait for the charm to kick in. So for all of you out there that have played for years without encountering any shinies, just know that the dry spell can't last forever.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I've played Pokemon for 12 years and the only shinies I've found up until this week was a Zubat in Diamond and a Graveler in Platinum, which used Explosion before I could catch it.

Just this week, while working on getting the Shiny Charm, I found four shinies--Phantump, Mincinno, Chansey, and Gyarados, all unintentionally. Plus a shiny Mankey with poor IVs someone decided to trade on the GTS for a Snorunt (I was looking for dex fodder, but the shininess was definitely a bonus). It's like all of my past luck just saved itself up until now. I don't know how much the Shiny Charm raises your chances, but if four/five in a week (which I gather is just a bit higher than standard for the numbers of wild battles I've gone through this week--Chansey EXP+Lucky Egg farming) is standard for XY I really can't wait for the charm to kick in. So for all of you out there that have played for years without encountering any shinies, just know that the dry spell can't last forever.
In XY the chances of a Pokemon being a Shiny is 1/4096. Shiny Charm knocks it down to 1/1365 (by itself).

In XY the chances of a Pokemon being a Shiny is 1/4096. Shiny Charm knocks it down to 1/1365 (by itself).
Do you think those shiny chances will follow into Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? I'm assuming they will, not that I have a problem with it because I love finding random shinies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Do you think those shiny chances will follow into Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? I'm assuming they will, not that I have a problem with it because I love finding random shinies.
Very likely. They'll only change it when a new generation starts since that's when they'll be working on a new engine.

One of my first few shinies was a slugma caught on One Island in my FireRed. It's a Magcargo now, looking all awesome with its purple lava, and also the only shiny that I transferred out of my failing cartridges. I still use him to speed up my egg hatching. My latest is a shiny relicanth from consecutive fishing, although still cool, I feel like a bit of the magic is lost if a shiny was not encountered randomly in the wild.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
One of my first few shinies was a slugma caught on One Island in my FireRed. It's a Magcargo now, looking all awesome with its purple lava, and also the only shiny that I transferred out of my failing cartridges. I still use him to speed up my egg hatching. My latest is a shiny relicanth from consecutive fishing, although still cool, I feel like a bit of the magic is lost if a shiny was not encountered randomly in the wild.
While a Shiny is still a Shiny, I would agree a Shiny you just randomly encountered does feel a bit more special then one you're specifically trying to hatch for or using a way to increase your chances of encountering a Shiny. Of course the same could also be said for a Shiny you worked to get, all the eggs/random encounters you needed to do until finally you get the Shiny you're looking for! So for ones randomly encountered it's a great surprise while ones you needed to work for you feel accomplished getting.

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My 2 first shineys were on the gold version.

I found a rattata that was shining, but my chikorita could lvl up after that battle so I killed him.
The 2nd time I found a Quagsire shiney before that I go to the Victory Road, I used my masterball on it because he was quite purple but when I realized that he was ugly I released him.

I also found a nidorina shiney that I didn't release this time and has becoming a pretty Nidoqueen in the same version but after x restarts and when I assimilated the shiney functionment eh

My first (and only) shiny encounter was in Pokemon white, around outer pinwheel forest I believe, my initial reaction was "This Audino is purple. Just what." It ended up traded to my brothers black version, which he proceeded to lose, and the shiny Audino was never to be seen again.

My first shiny encounter was with a Linoone, and I accidentally fainted it because somehow I thought shiny Pokemon were stronger than regular Pokemon, and it didn't occur to me that my Blaziken was like 30 levels higher and that Blaze Kick would've KO'd regardless. 9.9

I don't really remember very many others; I do somehow remember stumbling upon a shiny Tangela/Tangrowth in Black Version (I think?) that I ended up trading away, but I think that's more or less it. Oh! I also got really lucky while soft-resetting in Platinum for a Shiny Giratina, I think that really made my day. n_n All of the other shinies I've had were pretty much traded to me, so I haven't really had any specific encounters in a while.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Oh for crying out loud...
Was playing my Emerald today, having some fun with what is my favourite battle frontier in the whole series. I'm in the battle pyramid, first floor (the poison one). Running around, "Oh, darn, an encounter!". A shiny Gulpin appears. :(

I never had any luck finding shinies until gen 5, at which point I somehow encountered 3 in one day: Jigglypuff, Seedot, and Chimecho. None of them look particularly interesting as shinies, but it's still the most amazing luck I've ever had in any Pokemon game.

Since then I've caught 3 more in gen 6 (not counting chain fishing and friend safari shinies), a Hoppip and a Gulpin, both of which I encountered during my Nuzlocke run, and a Shroomish that I hatched after ~1500 eggs using the Masuda Method. I'm... Not gonna try the Masuda Method again...

I never had any luck finding shinies until gen 5, at which point I somehow encountered 3 in one day: Jigglypuff, Seedot, and Chimecho. None of them look particularly interesting as shinies, but it's still the most amazing luck I've ever had in any Pokemon game.

Since then I've caught 3 more in gen 6 (not counting chain fishing and friend safari shinies), a Hoppip and a Gulpin, both of which I encountered during my Nuzlocke run, and a Shroomish that I hatched after ~1500 eggs using the Masuda Method. I'm... Not gonna try the Masuda Method again...
Complete your National Dex first to get the Shiny Charm, then try again. Supposedly makes it MUCH easier to find/hatch shiny Pokemon. Of course, there's the whole abusing the TSV thing if you want a shiny and don't care if it doesn't have your Trainer ID and number...

Complete your National Dex first to get the Shiny Charm, then try again. Supposedly makes it MUCH easier to find/hatch shiny Pokemon. Of course, there's the whole abusing the TSV thing if you want a shiny and don't care if it doesn't have your Trainer ID and number...
I already knew about that, but thanks for the tip :)

I've been meaning to get working on the national dex for a while now, but I'm lazy lol

I'm very happy to say I finally have a competitive Shiny Goodra courtesy of the masuda method. 5 IV quiet with an acceptable 16 special attack. Definitely feels a lot better than the friend safari sliggoo I caught ages ago, which was a lot less rewarding than I previously envisioned.

My first shiny was in Silver. It was a Pinsir, and I was in the Bug Catching Contest.
I took second. Fuck you, Scyther.

Didn't get another until years later; found a gold Geodude randomly. In SoulSilver, interestingly enough.
Then I got my third in Platinum last year; I was looking for a Timid Budew in the wild, and found a Shiny Starly instead. I didn't even have a gym badge! He clutched a lot of matches despite having a Timid nature.

Most recently, I hatched a Shiny Fennekin last week, because I kept putting that personal achievement off. Named him Kefka for personal reasons.

My first (and only) shiny encounter was in Pokemon white, around outer pinwheel forest I believe, my initial reaction was "This Audino is purple. Just what." It ended up traded to my brothers black version, which he proceeded to lose, and the shiny Audino was never to be seen again.
How could you be so cruel to an Audino

>has 25 shiny Audinos as of this post

I guess my first one was a shiny Dewgong in Leaf Green. I didn't know it was shiny though, and only discovered it when I was transferring stuff up to X a few months ago...it's lucky that I caught in the first place / happened to have kept it. I haven't knowingly encountered any others pre-gen VI, but I have a bunch from X. Mostly FS and hordes, only two hatched.

Mime Jr. - Looking for a Sturdy Carbink. Found this one in a horde
Mime Jr. - Still looking for a Sturdy Carbink. I talked to some others and it seems common to find one or two Shiny Mime Jrs while searching for a Sturdy Carbink in the ONLY place you can find it
I found 4 of them before I caught a Sturdy Carbink the other day. The 3 guaranteed IVs are nice...the first 3 were pretty crappy, but the last one I got was Timid with 5 perfect IVs (-special defense). I also got one shiny Roggenrola in the process, unfortunately also Timid.

Hey guys, first post. Anyway, I happened to be playing Pokemon X a few days ago. Well, I wanted to get a Clauncher for my team, and I remembered you can get shinies by chain fishing. And so, I flew back to Ambrette Town, went into Glittering Cave, and started smashing stuff to pieces with rock smash. I was lucky and got a root fossil. I restored it into Lileep and looked at the summary screen. It had Suction Cups, so that was a relief. Then, I flew to Cyllage City and cast my good rod over the ocean. After 8 or so tries, I actually found a shiny Clauncher! I have yet to beat that file, and look forward to it evolving!

P.S. If anyone knows when Clauncher evolves, please tell me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)