Shiny Rarity

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
ell, if I am supposed to list my shinies, I'll just do so.

Before everyone had the U.S D/P, I abused the GTS for shinies. And even after the U.S release I still did. Also some people gave me shinies. These aren't for sale, though, since they might be hacked.

Naive Mew
Timid Lugia (has 30 IV in Defense)
Kyogre (31 speed. Too bad it's Hardy)
Jolly Ho-oh (I like this one. It has 28 speed IV or so)
Adamant Rayquaza (too bad its highest IV is 18 or something)
Naive Latias (it was on Lv.100, and it was EVd so badly. It does have a perfect 31 in everything)
Timid Deoxys (30 HP, 25+ in Atk/SA/Spd)
Modest Dialga
Calm Palkia
Naughty Darkrai (one of my faves. Has 30 in Atk. The rest is averagish though)
Uxie
Timid Azelf
Modest Cress
Bashful Arceus with 31 in everything lol
Gentle Arceus
Lax Manaphy
Impish Dialga
Zigzagoon
Relaxed Milotic
Roserade
Carvanha
Gible
Bold Suicune (yeah, it has no EVs. It's decent in IVs, though. It's on Lv.100 :( )
Raikou (lol its so badly hacked. It has 31 Atk IV and Adamant though)
Metagross
Weezing (Rash; 31 HP)
Tentacruel
Impish Giratina
Calm Giratina
Mild Giratina
A really badly hacked Shiny Palkia nicknamed "Norovirus". This Palkia has been showing up a lot in the GTS way before the American release. After I got it, it never appeared again)
Modest Latios
Lucario
Riolu
Jolly Gyarados
Snorlax
Medicham
Shaymin
Jirachi

and more Deoxys/Lugia/Palkia/Dialga!

Rare Indeed.

Count yourself lucky to have seen even one shiny. With over 2000 hours of gameplay from GSC and up, i have NEVER seen one. EVER. And that makes me very, very angry.

430 hours on Pearl a good few hundred on the GBA games, only shiny was a croagunk that ran in the Safari Zone. What does everyone mean by "Pokeradar trick"? I mean, chaining isn't really a trick is it? After getting to 50 in a row I still get no fucking shinies.

Sigh the only shiny I've ever got was a venonat in fire red. But I shouldn't complain - it looks cool, has a nice nature and IVs, even a cool hidden power. So my one shiny is at least good =)

And God I hope if they make a GSC remake they give us all the amazing red gyarados

And I guess I can sorta claim one more shiny as my own - about 2-3 days after D/P came out, I found someone with a shiny riolu. They weren't interested in shinies so they traded it to me for a zapdos. And this shiny riolu is pretty uber as well in terms of IVs.

I got a shiny Poochyena and Rattata back in Adv. gen. In D/P, I got (both chained):

Shiny Gentle Starly [chain #44]

Shiny Careful (YAY for Sychronize!) Dusclops (now a Dusknoir) It has good IVs all around except HP [chain #10]

Speaking of Shiny Rarity, do anyone know how much PokeRadar increase the chances?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I got a shiny Poochyena and Rattata back in Adv. gen. In D/P, I got (both chained):

Shiny Gentle Starly [chain #44]

Shiny Careful (YAY for Sychronize!) Dusclops (now a Dusknoir) It has good IVs all around except HP [chain #10]

Speaking of Shiny Rarity, do anyone know how much PokeRadar increase the chances?
Here.

In about 450 hours in DP, I've seen and caught two wild shinies; a Bold Western Shellos and a Timid Wingull. I've caught a few more using the pokeradar.

In the Advance Generation, I didn't see any and my total hours were around 460-470.

The only shiny I have is a Mareep, with a Quiet nature, and flawless Spd. Too bad it wasn't lower for a Trick Room team or something.

I also saw a shiny Slaking in the Battle Tower in emerald. :(

I don't really understand that...
This are the imortant lines:

So as a rule of thumb to get a value in percent you could use:
P = 0,5% / (41 - n)
It's worth getting the chain to exactly 40, since the odds double from 39 to 40 after that i'd suggest you only use the radar until you find a shiny spot.
P is possiblity so at a chain of 40 the shiny rate is 1 in 200(,n is the number of the chain)

Damn, that's pretty high. By the way, it's true that if you have a poke with synchronize leading, the wild pokemon have a high chance of inheriting its nature?

So as a rule of thumb to get a value in percent you could use:
P = 0,5% / (41 - n)
i guess it caps at 40? Otherwise

P = 0,5% / (41-41) = 0,5% / 0 = Implosion

So, does it cap at 40, or can it continue after 41 (with 41 as some kind of an exeption)

Edit: Checked my math book, Positive / negative = Negative, so it would be impossible.

I was breeding for beldum, and managed to get a shiny adamant one (not sure about the IVs) and I use it competitively as an agiligross when Im bored. BTW, shock wave, its silver, not red.

I have my own little shiny gyarados. naughty nature is decent I guess, Dvs arent that bad, 31 in attack and 28 in speed. The rest are crap.

I've never seen any shiny other than the red gyarados in gold and crystal. Nope, never. Damn, I'm unlucky.

I got 4 shinies without the pokerader trick in my 400 hours of Diamond. I caught a shiny silcoon, kecleon, and staravia... however, when I was breeding for a modest kingdra, after tons of eggs, I somehow got a shiny horsea. I was pretty shocked...

But I can't seem to have any luck at the pokeradar for shinies. And i just learned now that it caps at 40... :( I went to a chain of 90 with aron once and still no shiny. So, at 40, there's a 5% chance of getting a shiny poke?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)