1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Shiny Rarity

Discussion in 'Stark Mountain' started by DarkJester, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Hawkstar

Hawkstar Unplug me from this fantasy
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a SPL Winner

Were we talking about this?

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Anyway, I caught a shiny Floatzel while using my PokeRadar to look for Dittos. I didn't even know what chaining was, and kept getting frustrated with how many Floatzels I was getting. It was my only shiny that isn't the red Gyarados from the Lake of Rage. I traded it to a friend for something stupid most likely, but I can't remember since that was 6 years ago.
  2. Xephyr

Xephyr

In my very early childhood, I remember seeing a shiny Rhyhorn. But I had no clue what it was and I didn't catch it.

And that's the only shiny I have ever seen.
  3. Zorian

Zorian

The only shiny i found by chance was a Lotad on my friends Ruby which i let him keep cos i didn't have my own game then, but from chaining I got Absol, Voltorb, Ponyta and Nosepass. I have a ton from trades and friends.
  4. Tyranitarphantom

Tyranitarphantom

Darn, beat me to it.

Anyways, I've had fairly good luck with random shinys. I've found:

-Shiny Trapinch, Sapphire
    -Shiny Rhyhorn, Crystal
    -Shiny Graveler, Crystal
    -Shiny Poochyena, Emerald
    -Shiny Gastly, Leafgreen
    -Shiny Zubat, Sapphire
    -Shiny Shinx, Diamond
    -Shiny Tentacool, Platinum
    -Shiny Fearow, Black
    -Shiny Riolu, VoltWhite (a rom hack)

All of these were unexpected, random finds. I caught them all except Gastly, because I had no Pokeballs on me at the time :/
  5. RedMeowth

RedMeowth

Let's see...

Silver: Brown and purple Bellsprout. I didn't have the balls to catch it. The items, of course.
    Ruby: Orange Zigzagoon, not the promotion from early in 3rd-gen, either. That file was erased, though.
    Leaf Green: Brown Rattata. Early in the adventure.
    Platinum: Blue Ditto. I was trying to catch Ditto in the Trophy Garden, so this was pretty nice. Calm nature but not very good IVs.
    Platinum (again): Brown Staravia. Found on a separate Ditto-catching spree (or maybe EV-training for Speed) in the Trophy Garden. I would train it, but Calm is a horrible nature for Staravia to have.
    Heart Gold: Blue Ponyta. I was trying to level up a Roselia near Mt. Silver before using it to breed for Spikes Snorunt. Then suddenly, THERE IT WAS! THERE IT WAS! THERE IT WAS! OH MY GOD! YEAAAAAAH!

Nothing on Black or White yet. Then again, I've been training more Pokemon on the 4th-gen games to transfer them to White, and I'm slacking on a Nuzlocke challenge for Black.
  6. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

I've logged about 600 hours on my pearl and I've caught two shinies, an adamant clefairy and a sassy snover...

Clefable has good attack ivs to go with he nature, so se potential ther I guess. Snover has good ivs too, so it's usable.
  7. AtomicMewtwo

AtomicMewtwo

By chance I found a Shiny Azelf in Pearl. Only random shiny ever. Luckily I had my Master Ball with me. :D
  8. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

i just got a shiny darkrai on the GTS, niave nature ^_^

not a timid nature, but i guess it could use pursuit or something <---is that viable set?

need to check ivs.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)