Shoddy's Bullying Me

My shoddy battle program was working fine, until one day, I tried to use it, but it wouldn't work. When I clicked on my shortcut, the usually Java "loading" thing came up longer than normal, and nothing happened after it left.

I tried to download the most updated version of Java, and I think it downloaded, but after I went to restart the computer, it still didn't work. After that, I tried clearing the Java Cache in the Control Panel, but when I clicked "open" on the Java picture, I heard the "error noise", but there was no error message.

I have tried to download the Java several times, but it still comes back with the error noise, and there still isn't any error message.

In case it helps, I have a Windows XP. Thanks for your time!

EDIT: This picture shows up whenever I attempt to uninstall Java.

Hi -- Your error is saying a class from the javaws.jar is missing. You should redownload Shoddy Battle. Or, download the JAR files yourself, then customize your own launch file. You can get all of the files you need tommorow, when I'm home and have better internet.

As Duck said, try re-downloading Shoddy (if you haven't already) while you wait for him to explain the other part of his post.

That, and if it doesn't work, you can try to build the client from source, then get javaws.jar yourself.

When I tried to download Shoddy Battle, this comes up. Usually, I find the 3 options to be "Open", "Save", and "Cancel". This time, however, I found "Find" as one of the options, replacing "Open".

When I click "Find", I lose both of the messages in the first picture, but then I find that this pops up:

I assume this is not normal, because this did not happen when I downloaded Shoddy Battle in the first place.

@bluewooper - Windows is not recognizing this because Java is 3rd party.
Also, you need to have java installed. Once you have it installed, press save. Then locate the file and try to run it. If it asks you to find it, find Java, and press OK. It should load normally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)