~SHOOT FOR THE SKIES~
The Team

thundurus-therian.gif
kyurem-black.gif
latias.gif
gyarados.gif
celebi.gif
charizard-mega-x.gif

This team began a few days ago, and it was completely different from its current form. I'm quite satisfied with how it is performing as of now, but I would like to hear some other opinions and make it that tad bit better. It's a pretty decently balanced team, but it has fantastic wallbreakers in Thundy-T and Kyu-B. See below for a more detailed description of each individual 'Mon, and please feel free to suggest some changes to the team, especially Celebi.
Breakdown:

thundurus-therian (1).gif
choice-scarf.png

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
This is a pretty basic Scarf Thundy-T set. Nothing special here, aside from the fact that it boasts a pretty impressive 427 special attack stat and 450 speed, so it hits extremely hard and fast. Half of my offensive core right here. Pairs very well with Charizard, taking out things that it can't hit like Togekiss and Skarm. Also keeps momentum with Volt Switch, and kills T-tar with Focus Blast. First of three weak to Ice on the team, but I don't think there's much I can do about that at this point.

kyurem-black (1).gif
choice-band.png

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
CB Kyurem-B can 3HKO physically defensive Ferrothorn with Outrage. I'm not saying this is relevant, it's simply a testament to it's amazing power. If I see a wall that I don't like, Kyu is my go to 'Mon for taking it down, no matter what. Pretty much the only move I rely on is Outrage. Once all opposing fairies have been taken down, I can just tear through teams with Outrage until Kyu gets confused, then decide my course of action from there.

latias (1).gif
rocky-helmet.png

Latias (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
This Latias set came about by complete accident. It was originally a spinner Donphan, and I also had a Latios on the team, so I decided to replace them both with a Latias. I forgot to change the EV's, being the dumbass that I am, and left the Rocky Helmet that the Donphan had been carrying as well. The moveset is a bit wonky too. Defog is there for obvious reasons (Shout out to Zard, Thundy and Kyu), and thunder wave can help me cripple faster 'Mons, allowing Kyu to come in for the kill with it's slightly lackluster speed. Recover is there simply to keep Lati healthy, as she can rack up some good damage with the Rocky Helmet, especially against Life Orb users. Psyshock is just there for an attack. Recommendations for a change to that are welcome, as it doesn't help out against much.

gyarados (1).gif
leftovers.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 132 Atk / 88 HP / 76 Def / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
I put a bulky Gyarados in here in place of a CB Azumarill for a few reasons. Firstly, I had too many choice users, and needed some more freedom to switch around my moves. Second, I had no boosting sweepers at all. So, bulky DD Gyara fills the role quite nicely, keeping my fire/water/grass core thing intact. I have Sub over a third attack since Gyarados has somewhat poor coverage, and I'm able to hit everything I need very hard with just Waterfall and Stone edge. Waterfall is there for STAB, and Stone Edge is there for the Zards. That's about it. Come in on something you wall, get off an Intimidate so you wall them even more, Sub on the switch. You're now free to set up. Great late-game sweeper.

celebi (1).gif
leftovers.png

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 172 HP / 56 SAtk / 148 SDef / 132 Spd
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
Specially defensive Celebi with Nasty Plot is one of my favorite Pokemon in general. This team has gone through inumerable revamps, and it started off with a Keldeo, so Bi fit a whole lot better back then. Now, I'm having trouble with thinking of a better specially defensive 'Mon. At this point I might just switch out Baton Pass for Rocks, since I have nothing good to pass to. If you have anything to suggest, please have it be a replacement for this. A specially defensive Grass type is what I have in mind, but if you think of something that fills a role similar to Bi, go ahead and suggest it.

charizard x.gif
charizardite x.jpg

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 40 Spd / 32 Atk / 248 HP / 188 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
I stole this set from PokeaimMD, so shout out to him for making it. It's a great 'Mon overall, and helps me deal with lead Heatran and Klefki. It's got decent attack and can do some things offensively, while being a great tank. He does a much better job explaining the set than I could, so here's his video explaining it-

Last edited:
Hello there. Pretty solid team here. CB KyuB is arguably a scarier wallbreaker than YZard (and that's something) and it's nice seeing the big fella getting some use. I see two pokes that could threaten your team; Garchomp (especially ScarfChomp) and non bulky XZard.
vs. Garchomp
252 Atk Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus-T: 292-344 (97.6 - 115%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Latias: 306-360 (84 - 98.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 360-426 (100.2 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyurem-B: 390-462 (99.7 - 118.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

vs. XZard
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 348-410 (96.9 - 114.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Latias: 294-348 (80.7 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
> Psyshock does 34% max

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 380-450 (96.9 - 114.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
>You do outspeed before Dragon Dance which is good I guess

If you're not really sure about Celebi, I suggest replacing Celebi with Mixed Hippowdon and Latias with Mandibuzz. Celebi is the best specially defensive Grass type out there tbh I don't know why are you willing to replace him (second only to Mega Venu I guess). Anyway, Hippo isn't your regular specially defensive Grass type but with investment, he can take hits from the other side well. He also has the novelty of disrupting YZard's weather. Mandibuzz performs as a the role of physical wall better than Latias while doing her job (more or less) of Defogging hazards and disrupting the opponent's offense with Taunt or Toxic shenanigans.
HMandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature
- Foul Play / Knock Off
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic / Taunt

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Careful Nature

- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar / Toxic
- Slack Off

I think you should try and use a pure specially defensive set (252 HP / 236+ SDef / 20 Spd) on Celebi as again, she's one of the best specially defensive Grass types out there as she has access to a lot of great support moves like SR, Heal Bell, Perish Song etc.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

I think I'll try out pure specially defensive Bi for a while and see how that goes. If it doesn't work I'll give some of those other sets a try. Thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)